Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Koth2 »

Lucie
The orange haird bird for War
Benny?

Lepter1

Post by Lepter1 »

I dont get the enthusiasm for big finish sets. There are tons of classic figures they could do like zoe, jaime, ian/Barbara, liz shaw, Benton or yates. Plenty of daleks released once (chase movie dalek, light wave reflecting dalek....even the death daleks). Releasing figures for characters never seen sounds like a wierd idea. Still...I suppose the dalek/doctor sets sold well so what do I know?

Real question...do we know if any of the last sets will be re-released such as the silver nemesis sets etc?

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

I must confess I'm also not fussed about the prospect of Big Finish sets, though that's not really surprising seeing as I've only ever listened to one story, so I'd agree I'd much rather have some more classic figures. Also I'll be kinda bummed if they do another Pertwee TARDIS as I needn't have got the regen Tom one, which I only got because it was passable as a Pertwee TARDIS.

Koth2

Post by Koth2 »

Could it be 'Spiders' Jon?

SJF

Post by SJF »

Koth2 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:16 pm
Lucie
Benny?
Cinder isn’t a Big Finish character, and doesn’t really have an official likeness.

SJF

Post by SJF »

To me Big Finish IS Doctor Who opposed to anything that’s appeared on screen, so I’d rather have at least one Big Finish companion, preferably for Eight.

I mean I’m not against more Classic stuff, but really anything Big Finish would be alongside the regular releases rather than instead of, so I don’t really see what the big deal is.

We got a Dark Eyes McGann and Harry Sullivan in 2019.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

My guesses/hopes for the "surprises" (because a Pertwee TARDIS seems a lock):

"Harry Sullivan" type surprises (Likely, IMO):
*I agree with the Lucie Miller/Charley Pollard guesses, but Lucie has the edge because likeness rights: Eaglemoss has them, so if it's a deal that extends to just figure likeness across any BBC licensed figures... Plus, the sets selling out prove there's a strong Big Finish Audience willing to buy.
*(Classic) Sarah Jane Smith. Likeness rights were given prior, and repack the Sontarans with her (or the Pertwee TARDIS) and people probably would rebuy a set that was 2/3 reissue/repaint. I would!
*Sarah Jane variant. Sarah is about the only classic companion that they could probably 1.Produce more than one of and still get sales & 2. Pack with a TARDIS and know it'll sell. For example, "Monster of Peladon" Sarah with Pertwee TARDIS, "Time Warrior" Sarah with Styre/Linx.
*An Ace or 7 variant. Easy repack with the "Silver Nemesis" Cybermen.
*Delgado Master in alternate outfit (likely suit, but reuse Dr Constantine's body and you've got "Time Monster"!) with Pertwee TARDIS. Hey, the Master is another less risky "not-Doctor" to pack with a TARDIS. Easy variant with known sorted likeness.

"Harry Sullivan" type surprises (Longshots. But then, so was Harry!):
*Liz Shaw (Pack her with the Pertwee TARDIS; a new head sculpt and multiple body reuses make this reasonable. Less likely as I don't see how it relates to reissues outside of the TARDIS. Also, not sure if a classic companion/TARDIS pack is something they'd risk. Except for Sarah Jane.)
*Jamie (Repack him with repainted Troughton and Stike. Reported likeness discussion happened. Less likely as, well, even with body reuses we still need a kilt & new head.)
*Romana (Body reuses and a repack with "Shada" TARDIS. Requires likeness rights that have never been discussed & as stated, I'm not sure companion repack with a TARDIS are a risk they'd take.)
*Turlough (Easy body reuse from several sources. Could be repacked with 5's TARDIS. Less likely as no reported likeness discussion/negotiations. In fact, have we heard of these for ANY 5th companion??)

Any other ideas?

Avon

Post by Avon »

I knew it!!! :lol: What looked to be a new 3rd's TARDIS was shown in one of the shots of Ryan and Co, I commented but Al responded with "its just an old prototype". Looked to be bright blue like the last one, but with the door sign fixed and the blue just generally better. Add in the new base in the correct color, correct the signage, maybe a new lamp? And either Sea Devils Pertwee or perhaps, the original intended open collar/3 Doctors jacket Pert and you'd have a winner, I'm sure. As for minor tweaks.., I'd love a companion or two, but I'm really hoping for a Night of the Doctor McGann personally.

rhysch

Post by rhysch »

SJF wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:03 pm
Koth2 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:16 pm
Lucie
Benny?
Cinder isn’t a Big Finish character, and doesn’t really have an official likeness.
Well George Mann based her appearance on Hayley Williams from Paramore, so they could possibly work with that likeness... Plus I for one would be more than happy to have an action figure of her 😂
Formerly ‘chocywhovian’ thankfully I’ve matured since then 😂

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Avon wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:22 pm
I knew it!!! :lol: What looked to be a new 3rd's TARDIS was shown in one of the shots of Ryan and Co, I commented but Al responded with "its just an old prototype". Looked to be bright blue like the last one, but with the door sign fixed and the blue just generally better. Add in the new base in the correct color, correct the signage, maybe a new lamp? And either Sea Devils Pertwee or perhaps, the original intended open collar/3 Doctors jacket Pert and you'd have a winner, I'm sure. As for minor tweaks.., I'd love a companion or two, but I'm really hoping for a Night of the Doctor McGann personally.
Ah I think I remember the one, I dismissed it as just the Shada TARDIS at the time but now I remember it had more normal looking windows, perhaps it is quite similar to the previous one but improved then?