Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Rackers96 »

According to the lady in B&m they have extremely limited stock

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

Avon wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:47 pm
I know it might as well be a billion miles away from you Sparrow, but Sutton Coldfield's B&M, on the Lichfield line, had their codes in their system as of Sunday when I checked, but they wouldn't tell me when, or if they'd get them. I'm completely broke at the moment but if by some miracle any are left at the end of the month in my area, I'd be happy to help.
Sutton Coldfield is about 40 minutes drive south west from me, so I might see if I can get down.

greeneggsandspam

Post by greeneggsandspam »

TheSparrow wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:12 pm
Avon wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:47 pm
I know it might as well be a billion miles away from you Sparrow, but Sutton Coldfield's B&M, on the Lichfield line, had their codes in their system as of Sunday when I checked, but they wouldn't tell me when, or if they'd get them. I'm completely broke at the moment but if by some miracle any are left at the end of the month in my area, I'd be happy to help.
Sutton Coldfield is about 40 minutes drive south west from me, so I might see if I can get down.
Sutton hoo

Avon

Post by Avon »

TheSparrow wrote:
Just make sure you check before, otherwise I'll hear "Avonnn!" over the horizon :lol: It's a new store, pretty big for a B&M too, the best toy section I've seen in any B&M (it's called Newhall, as there's another in Sutton but out in Minworth), both are as far as I venture routinely but I know Lichfield has two B&M's.., somewhere I've always intended to visit (..not just for B&M shopping :lol: )

TheUmbrellaMan

Post by TheUmbrellaMan »

TheSparrow wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:43 pm
TheUmbrellaMan wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:19 pm
Just got back from visiting the two B&M stores near me. The larger store, had none of the 3rd Doctor and Tardis sets*, about 3 to 4 of the War Doctor & 8th Doctor sets, and 2 of the 7th Doctor sets. I grabbed the 7th Doctor set.

The smaller store had about 4 each of the 7th, 8th and War Doctor sets, and only one of the 3rd Doctor & Tardis set. I grabbed the 3rd Doctor set. I missed out on the last 3rd Doctor & Tardis set, but this time, scalpers and go and get lost in the matrix. Suck it, you unregenerate heathens.

*There wasn't even space for them, so I don't think they'll be getting them in. Last year, they didn't have the 4th Doctor & Tardis and 5th Doctor & Tardis sets, I got them from the smaller store.
Gutted, wish I could grab the Dalek sets. I missed out completely last year. Went to check one of my big locals today, but nothing.
Well I hope you get lucky, I know how frustrating it can be.

For the record, I live in Swansea, so as of today both the Parc Tawe and Fforestfach stores had the Doctor Dalek sets. I hope everyone has the same luck in finding the ones they want, as I have had today.

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

Avon wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:48 pm
TheSparrow wrote:
Just make sure you check before, otherwise I'll hear "Avonnn!" over the horizon :lol: It's a new store, pretty big for a B&M too, the best toy section I've seen in any B&M (it's called Newhall, as there's another in Sutton but out in Minworth), both are as far as I venture routinely but I know Lichfield has two B&M's.., somewhere I've always intended to visit (..not just for B&M shopping :lol: )
Well, my hometown is called Newhall 😂

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

TheUmbrellaMan wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:57 pm
Well I hope you get lucky, I know how frustrating it can be.
Blimey, so do I. I had to go to a nearby city and walk out from the centre for about an hour to grab last year's sets 😂

Emperor Omega

Post by Emperor Omega »

Managed to get the Eighth & War Doctor Sets from Bury St. Edmunds earlier today.

When I left, they had:

1 Seventh Doctor Set
1 Eighth Doctor Set
2 War Doctor Sets

No sign of the Third & TARDIS.

I had to examine the sets carefully, as I noticed the War Doctor set I originally picked up, had a warped plunger on the Dalek.

greeneggsandspam

Post by greeneggsandspam »

No sign of any of the new sets in my B&M, they still have a handful of last summer's sets for £10 and a few of last winter's sets for £8 but no sign of the new stuff.

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

Still nothing in Swadlincote if anybody is near/cares.