B&M doctor who sets.

Danoftardis

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Danoftardis »

Whovastron wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:43 pm
‘The Two Doctors’ set: The 6th Doctor (2008 version), the 2nd Doctor (13 Doctors set version) and Sontaran (repaint)
‘7th Doctor’ set: 7th Doctor (cream jacket), Ace (silver Nemesis), Cyberman (silver nemesis)
‘Villains’ set: Sontaran Styre, Revenge Cyberman, Ainley Master
Your suggestions for a 'villains' set would be perfect for me, I missed all three original releases, and the Revenge Cybermen is one of the last two variants I need to complete my 'Cyber collection'. Naturally as per sod's law now you've suggested it, it won't happen, but thank you for giving me something to hope for anyway :lol:

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

First: I'm excited for everything! Whoo-hooo!

Second: JULY?? BOOOOOO!!

Third:
Whovastron wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:05 am
For action figure fans,Character Options presents a set of three unique Doctor & Dalek Twin Packs, inspired by the Doctor Who audio series from Big Finish. This includes a brand new take on the Eighth Doctor, plus the Dalek Interrogator Prime, as featured in Big Finish audio book story In the Garden of Death. The two additional Doctor and Daleks sets to be released from this range will feature the Seventh and War Doctors respectively.
What exactly does the Dalek Interrogator Prime look like? I'm very curious. Was there any promo art or anything?

And I swear, if it's the 8th Doctor in a jumpsuit, I'm going to melt it with a blow torch, live-streamed on youtube.

;)

CharlieTheWhovian
Location: I could tell you but then I'd probably have to kill you... ;)

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

skifflebits wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:47 pm

What exactly does the Dalek Interrogator Prime look like? I'm very curious. Was there any promo art or anything?
That seems to be the question on everybody's lips. No one's got a clue and there doesn't seem to be anything on Google resembling something new Dalek-wise when you search it so maybe it'll just come unpainted and leave its design up to the imagination of the consumer? It would certainly keep costs down! :lol: :lol:

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

skifflebits wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:47 pm
And I swear, if it's the 8th Doctor in a jumpsuit, I'm going to melt it with a blow torch, live-streamed on youtube.
I'd pay 100 talmars to see this.

CharlieTheWhovian

This year there will be not one, but two new TARDIS & Doctor sets released, each with a completely new take on both the Doctor and the blue box, inspired by adventures spanning the 1970s and 1980s.
Could these be new sculpts then? Obviously Fifth Doctor's TARDIS will be but the other one...?

Also on the Doctor Who Site someone said the TARDIS sets are due end of July with the rest to follow in August! :)

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

They keep saying no new moulds so I imagine we won't see any, at most a few tweaks like last year's sets.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:02 pm
This year there will be not one, but two new TARDIS & Doctor sets released, each with a completely new take on both the Doctor and the blue box, inspired by adventures spanning the 1970s and 1980s.
Could these be new sculpts then? Obviously Fifth Doctor's TARDIS will be but the other one...?

Also on the Doctor Who Site someone said the TARDIS sets are due end of July with the rest to follow in August! :)
I suspect "completely new"is probably hyperbole, more likely they're just new paint variations they've not realeased before.

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

SJF wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:40 pm
Whovastron wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:38 pm
SJF wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:17 pm
The Eighth Doctor Figure is most likely going to be his orange jumpsuit from the audio story the set is based on.
Just repaints. It’s gonna be the night of the Doctor one for sure

TW.
For action figure fans,Character Options presents a set of three unique Doctor & Dalek Twin Packs, inspired by the Doctor Who audio series from Big Finish. This includes a brand new take on the Eighth Doctor, plus the Dalek Interrogator Prime, as featured in Big Finish audio book story In the Garden of Death. The two additional Doctor and Daleks sets to be released from this range will feature the Seventh and War Doctors respectively.
I asked Al Dewar on gallifrey base and he said it’s just repaints. Big finish may get exclusive variants with some small exclusives parts (think sonics) but other than that it’s repaints.

TW.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:02 pm
IIRC, the 5th Doctor's TARDIS is a repaint of the 7th Doctor's TARDIS they released some years ago.

CharlieTheWhovian

Ah well. New sculpts or not, it's still good enough for me!