B&M doctor who sets.

Deborah J

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Deborah J »

Lurker at the Edge wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:07 am
Hi chaps

Re the Twitter thing .,... its been sent to me several times overnight .... I’ve referred the comment back to the powers that be as, as of this moment there are currently no plans whatsoever for a 5 inch figure of Tegan in development. She might be referring to another range ..Big Chief or Eaglemoss? but this is not on our 2021 schedule so I’m just putting this out there right now as i don't want to disappoint anyone who might be expecting this figure.

Al
Ah well, better not getting our hopes too high then. I think she was probably thinking of the one she was asked to approve years back, I think it never made it out of production, that would be my best guess.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Whovastron wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:38 am
A 5th doctors companions set with Nyssa, Tegan and Africa would be amazing
Africa's kind of big for a B&M box, don't you think?

;)

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

skifflebits wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:41 pm
Whovastron wrote:

;)
what about they include one of those pandorica cd panels, but the cd instead of having the audiobook of a novelisation on it has Africa by Toto

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Deborah J wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:49 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:41 pm
Whovastron wrote:

;)
what about they include one of those pandorica cd panels, but the cd instead of having the audiobook of a novelisation on it has Africa by Toto
It'll sell millions! MILLIONS!!

Lurker at the Edge

Post by Lurker at the Edge »

I believe Eaglemoss stepped in to tell her ‘shhhh’ as she was spoiling their party ....

BTW what figure was she asked to approve years back?.. Dapol?

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:50 pm
I believe Eaglemoss stepped in to tell her ‘shhhh’ as she was spoiling their party ....

I maybe got the wrong end of the stick on this story, but she said she was asked to approve a figure, whether it was a sculpt or just the loose concept of there being a figure or what I don't really know, but she'd said that it was a figure of her in her air stewardess outfit. I always assumed that it stemmed from ages back when you were contemplating the idea of a wave of CO website exclusives, single packed classics with lots of accessories, around the £20 mark, and you put out a poll of what we'd most like to see made, and Tegan was on the shortlist for that, along with jamie and velvet ainley and a silurian. I know nothing ever came of that, we got the CO exclusive missy figures a while later, but I imagined that the figure Janet was talking about had been something to do with that? A whole lot of speculation, of course, I'm sure as the expert you'll just be reading through all of that with a red pen saying "no, that's wrong, that's wrong" but that was my understanding of that story.

Now I'm thinking it probably was just the eaglemoss one, that would make sense.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Deborah J wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:57 pm
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:50 pm

I maybe got the wrong end of the stick on this story, but she said she was asked to approve a figure, whether it was a sculpt or just the loose concept of there being a figure or what I don't really know, but she'd said that it was a figure of her in her air stewardess outfit. I always assumed that it stemmed from ages back when you were contemplating the idea of a wave of CO website exclusives, single packed classics with lots of accessories, around the £20 mark, and you put out a poll of what we'd most like to see made, and Tegan was on the shortlist for that, along with jamie and velvet ainley and a silurian. I know nothing ever came of that, we got the CO exclusive missy figures a while later, but I imagined that the figure Janet was talking about had been something to do with that? A whole lot of speculation, of course, I'm sure as the expert you'll just be reading through all of that with a red pen saying "no, that's wrong, that's wrong" but that was my understanding of that story.

Now I'm thinking it probably was just the eaglemoss one, that would make sense.
You definitely aren't imagining the rumblings of her on a shortlist with Jamie. In fact, I seem to recall there were forum polls regarding more limited figures; Per these rumblings Missy was supposedly the start of something more involved that didn't happen.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Deborah J wrote:
I maybe got the wrong end of the stick on this story, but she said she was asked to approve a figure, whether it was a sculpt or just the loose concept of there being a figure or what I don't really know, but she'd said that it was a figure of her in her air stewardess outfit. I always assumed that it stemmed from ages back when you were contemplating the idea of a wave of CO website exclusives, single packed classics with lots of accessories, around the £20 mark...
Hypothetically speaking, just what accessories would you package with a Tegan figure?

Also hypothetically speaking, could you save money on a Tegan figure by simply making it a mouth on legs?

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:14 pm
Deborah J wrote:
I maybe got the wrong end of the stick on this story, but she said she was asked to approve a figure, whether it was a sculpt or just the loose concept of there being a figure or what I don't really know, but she'd said that it was a figure of her in her air stewardess outfit. I always assumed that it stemmed from ages back when you were contemplating the idea of a wave of CO website exclusives, single packed classics with lots of accessories, around the £20 mark...
Hypothetically speaking, just what accessories would you package with a Tegan figure?

Also hypothetically speaking, could you save money on a Tegan figure by simply making it a mouth on legs?
I'd probably give her a handbag, a swappable hatted head, a shrunken auntie vanessa, maybe the zero cabinet?

BeepTheMeep

Post by BeepTheMeep »

Swappable Kinda-Tegan head.

Flat car tyre accessory.

Sketch book.

Or how about a Four to Doomsday light and sound figure with a button on the back and when you push it the figure speaks in a fake indigenous Australian language? Actually... no, let's not do that...