Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Doctor909 »

SJF wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:00 am
I want an audio Master three pack.

Alex Macqueen (suited body, new head)
Derek Jacobi (Bracewell body, new head)
SPOILER
Last one on that list is probs a tad spoilery, might wanna Mark it as such as the set’s only been out for two days :?
Last edited by Doctor909 on Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aspiring Writer. Fan boy. Lethal Combination

KingYcranos

Post by KingYcranos »

Doctor909 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:15 am
SJF wrote:

Gina McKee (Literally any body, they can make up a costume, with a new head)
Last one on that list is probs a tad spoilery, might wanna Mark it as such as the set’s only been out for two days :?
Don't worry- I think I'm the only other one on here, and I don't listen to the audios.
Just when you thought things couldn't get worse...

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Dalekoddjob wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:26 am
skifflebits wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:13 pm
All I want is a companion for each Doctor, and currently Billy, Pat, Peter and Paul are lacking.

Heck, I'd even take a simple repaint for a comic-book "Kroton the Cyberman" to stand by old Eight. Though if Big Finish wants to break for an audio-accurate headsculpt, I wouldn't say no.
Technically Pat has the Brigadier (formerly Colonel) and Peri if you want to stretch it! You could include yates, Benton and Jo!! Peter has a Peri (came with Sharaz Jek).
Eh... For display purposes, that's kind of a stretch. Peri is really Six's companion, and the Brig never traveled with Troughton.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Doctor909 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:15 am
SJF wrote:

Gina McKee (Literally any body, they can make up a costume, with a new head)
He fixed the original... Now the quote is a tad spoilery! Hooray!

Also, I honestly don't care. It's Big Finish casting. It's hardly what the kids call "canon."

;)

KingYcranos

Post by KingYcranos »

This has nothing to do with Big Finish but this B&M set would be good:
Inferno set-
Liz Shaw -using Jo body (three doctors) and new head sculpt
The Brigade leader- I have literally no idea but it's nice to imagine a new sculpt :D
Primord- Dr Constantine body and new head sculpt

Koth2

Post by Koth2 »

Could there be enough parts to do an Inferno Brig and Liz?

dorkjackson

Post by dorkjackson »

KingYcranos wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:00 pm
Inferno set-
The Brigade leader- I have literally no idea but it's nice to imagine a new sculpt :D
That's be a great idea; a Primord head on either a Benton body or Constantine body, Liz in a mini dress and maybe a Season 7 Pertwee would be great. I'd dearly love an Ambassador or a Silurian but they just aren't feasible currently.

KingYcranos

Post by KingYcranos »

I would love to see an Ambassador! They could have it with a removable helmet so you can see the weird face thingy - isn't it a Martian ambassador? I haven't seen The Ambassadors of TWANG! Death in a while. http://thedoctorwhocompanion.com/wp-con ... 24x665.jpg

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

dorkjackson wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:30 pm
KingYcranos wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:00 pm
Inferno set-
That's be a great idea; a Primord head on either a Benton body or Constantine body, Liz in a mini dress and maybe a Season 7 Pertwee would be great. I'd dearly love an Ambassador or a Silurian but they just aren't feasible currently.
The Primord headsculpt could be used on EITHER body and make sense, meaning it's a Monster headsculpt that allows easy variants and repackaging - Like the companion headsculpts or Haemovores would too.

Really, if we get a Liz Shaw that Season 7 set (3rd - Primord - Liz) would be very welcome and pretty economical in terms of production. (All body/wrap reuses, two new heads that can be reused with other bodies)

Bigwhofan

Post by Bigwhofan »

Okay seeing as we're living in an era of semi-new figure moulds....

- Various Tenth Doctor in repainted shirt colours(why CO always used the same shirt and tie colours for EVERY suited 10th Doctor figure when they could have applied different paint apps for variants I'll never know)
- EXAMPLE: 10th Doctor from 2.8/9 (black shoes, beige-coloured shirt, that unique headsculpt from the Sanctuary Base set, as he had 'longer/bushier' hair in those episodes)
- Series 1 Captain Jack with Overcoat (just place S3 Captain Jack Coat piece and arms on the S1 figure)
- 2.4 Rose with Ice gun (S2 figure but with different torso piece, repaint of legs, just have to stick with the existing headsculpt, even if her hair was 'wavy' in that episode)
- Ghost Cyberman (translucent) with Arm Gun (I know they said it was too expensive to do before but they've made a translucent 10th Doctor and Weeping Angel since then) that being said - a holographic Ninth Doctor too?
- Dalek with Mutant Reveal but in the new Dalek mould (the mutant section is one piece so Im assuming it can fit into the new mould easily)
- Imperial Guard Dalek with Sensor Arm (the only new mould would be the arm, finally in 5" scale - guessing accessory pieces are less expensive to create)
ALSO: Imperial Guard Dalek set - each Dalek with a different arm including big Sensor Arm, smaller sensor Arm, sucker, 'buzzsaw' Dalek with black skirt/bronze globes AND newer mould Assault Dalek with Claw Arm (again, just the arms would be the new moulds)
- 10th Doctor with Ghost Gear, but with 3D glasses headsculpt
- Cult of Skaro set with newer Dalek moulds
- Damaged Dalek Thay but newer mould (all they have to do is place the damaged panel piece on the newer mould)
- Jenny - Doctor's Daughter (new headsculpt, I'm sure there's a body mould they can re-use, I'm picturing S2 Rose's arm pieces for a start)
- S4 Sarah Jane Smith in coat with Sonic Lipstick (the SJ figure from The Sarah Jane Adventures set with the Graske but with new coat piece & arms..I'm sure CO can use an existing coat mould from another figure and just repaint it, and guessing the Sonic Lipstick would be cheap to make)
- Silurian Warrior but with gloved hands (put General Restac's arm pieces on the Alaya figure, then glue the mask to the head)
- Damaged Pandorica Cyberman but missing left Arm(just wires popping out - this figure already exists as a prototype (google it) but CO didn't release it first time around due to believing 2 arms had more playability)
- Cyber Leader from A Good Man Goes to War(just put The Next Doctor Cyber Leader head on the Series 6 Cyberman figure with round chest piece)
- Osgood (new headsculpt, assuming we can create the body from different existing body moulds, plus the 4th Doctor's scarf. Also, 2 Osgood boxes as accessories)
- Time War Battle Ship Dalek, with the black dome and part-black skirt
- Trenzalore 11th Doctor (The Snowmen Doctor body, but with bow tie, we already have the headpiece and walking cane)
- S12 Judoon Captain but new sidearm gun/holster(then can be applied to Trooper variant, especially as we have the new big gun piece already)
- Regeneration figures - pretty much Doctor figure but with orange translucent head and hands.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Bigwhofan on Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.