B&M doctor who sets.

omega1963

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by omega1963 »

Still not managed to get a claws of axos or friends and foe of the thirteenth Doctor set yet. Maybe they just haven’t made it to the north west yet, they had plenty of both dalek sets today though

omega1963

Post by omega1963 »

Is there still plenty of stock out there for the 3 packs? My local hasn’t had the unit set or friends and foe of the thirteenth Doctor yet.

CharlieTheWhovian
Location: I could tell you but then I'd probably have to kill you... ;)

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

omega1963 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:31 am
Is there still plenty of stock out there for the 3 packs? My local hasn’t had the unit set or friends and foe of the thirteenth Doctor yet.
My locals haven't had anything! I had to really shop around this time.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Meanwhile in the US -

Our sets are starting to show! A lot of great things have been said, so I'll condense to avoid some repetition:

Companions of the 4th Doctor These headsculpts are PHENOMENAL in hand. The "Pirate Planet" outfit inaccuracies are completely forgivable due to the resemblance, and that's just Romana I! Sarah and Romana II look phenomenal as well. Romana II's hair obviously is designed to lay with a coat and scarf, so it'll be interesting to see how any variant (which we know likely at least one to be in the pipeline) is done. Sarah really is amazing, and it appears her hair is a separate piece: This gives me hope we'll get a Pertwee version with more of a bob for Season 11; The current version works great for Seasons 12-14 though.

History of the Daleks set 1 So for anyone wondering: Yes, it's the correct eyepiece. (The Dead Planet FX Dalek has the later 5 slat model.) Mine arrived with good paint apps and arm joints comfortably tight: Not loose and easily moved. What hasn't been said is the improvement with packing: no more sellotape or ties warping eyepieces and limbs! The clear plastic base locks around the Daleks and is itself taped with a single tie around the Dalek midsection. Very considerate and very appreciated.

UNIT set and Troughton TARDIS remain en route, but I'm confident these will be equally well received!

CharlieTheWhovian
Location: I could tell you but then I'd probably have to kill you... ;)

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

I've finally opened my 4th Doctor companions and one thing I've noticed is the PVC seems very flimsy? Like more so than usual? It could very easily be to do with the heat of my house at the moment and I suspect that's the case but I just wondered whether anyone else's was the same.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

They do seem to be using a more flexible plastic than before, but I wouldn't describe it as flimsy.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

(US) UNIT set accounted for! :D

Again, great likenesses. Particularly Benton. I think I'm more accustomed to Yates in his dress uniform sans beret/cap, but everything still looks great. The wash and paint apps on the Brigadier certainly make the only recycled figure I've gotten so far worth it too.

Benton does make me realize, he technically should be a bit taller. But that's no big deal - I realized despite body reuses the heights on Sarah, Yates, and (both of) Romana actually look about right next to their respective Doctors. A pretty happy coincidence. :)

TV8

Post by TV8 »

Doctor What wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:54 pm
I realise I haven't uploaded my usual photos yet, so here we go:

War Games TARDIS:

Really happy with these sets, here's to more!
Great photos, thanks.
I notice that the right-side door to your Wargames Tardis has the same warping as mine! Glad I wasn't the only one. Looks like it's a consistent problem across production. I fixed mine by unscrewing the Tardis base (causing the door mechanism spring to fly off) and placed the bent door in a large Pyrex jug of just boiled water for 2 minutes. Then I took it out and pressed it flat onto a cold kitchen stone bench, windows upwards. I might have repeated that process 2-3 more times before the door really held its proper flat form. Screwed it all back into shape and now the whole door system is aligned properly, not jutting out at the base.
Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Yeah seems like the door warping is a very common problem, the old system of the strip of plastic you had to pull out wasn't ideal but i've never heard of anyone causing damage by removing it. Perhaps the sellotape isn't very effective at holding the doors in place, and it also seems to be pulling weathering off. It doesn't help that the new thin base doesn't have anything to stop the doors at the bottom, whereas the previous one did.

After I took the photos I managed to position the doors in a way where it's not too noticable so I might not take it apart and straighten it. You've not had any weathering come off from straightening the door have you?

Galactic YoYo

Post by Galactic YoYo »

Would the Coatless Jack figure work for Planet of fire 5th Doctor?
"It seems that I am some kind of a Galactic yoyo" Jon Pertwee- The Claws of Axos