B&M doctor who sets.

SJF

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by SJF »

Galactic YoYo wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:52 pm
Would the Coatless Jack figure work for Planet of fire 5th Doctor?
It *could* work, but it would be stuck with a holster and vortex manipulator unless they alter the sculpt and his sleeves aren’t rolled up either, although that’s less of an issue.

Galactic YoYo

Post by Galactic YoYo »

SJF wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:14 pm
Galactic YoYo wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:52 pm
Would the Coatless Jack figure work for Planet of fire 5th Doctor?
It *could* work, but it would be stuck with a holster and vortex manipulator unless they alter the sculpt and his sleeves aren’t rolled up either, although that’s less of an issue.
It's a shame swapping the legs couldn't work or giving him the raggedy doctor arms
"It seems that I am some kind of a Galactic yoyo" Jon Pertwee- The Claws of Axos

TV8

Post by TV8 »

Doctor What wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:19 am
Yeah seems like the door warping is a very common problem, the old system of the strip of plastic you had to pull out wasn't ideal but i've never heard of anyone causing damage by removing it. Perhaps the sellotape isn't very effective at holding the doors in place, and it also seems to be pulling weathering off. It doesn't help that the new thin base doesn't have anything to stop the doors at the bottom, whereas the previous one did.

After I took the photos I managed to position the doors in a way where it's not too noticable so I might not take it apart and straighten it. You've not had any weathering come off from straightening the door have you?
No weathering came off from the hot water dunk. That weathering paint is a weird greasy thing, you can wipe it off with a fair bit of effort but otherwise, it's stuck like the proverbial to a blanket. The cellotape on my doors did take a bit of the weathering paint off and I assume therefore that the glue on the cellotape bonded with the paint (but I didn't check before I chucked the tape in the bin. Too excited to have a Troughton Tardis to take note)
Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Actually got my US distributor 2nd Doctor TARDIS set today. I love it. Great work on weathering Troughton and the TARDIS itself was spot-on perfect, looks to be right out of Season 6. No warping on my doors. The sellotape didn't effect the weathering much at all in my case; I think using a darker plastic in the first place helps.

Which reminds me...

I know there are a couple "Black and White" figure fans on here. Well, THIS TARDIS set is for you. It's so dark it's almost monochrome. In low light it may as well be a black and white box. Even with a colour Troughton figure, looks totally of its era. If I stood a Black and White Troughton by it, it still would probably look right.

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:59 pm
Actually got my US distributor 2nd Doctor TARDIS set today. I love it. Great work on weathering Troughton and the TARDIS itself was spot-on perfect, looks to be right out of Season 6. No warping on my doors. The sellotape didn't effect the weathering much at all in my case; I think using a darker plastic in the first place helps.

Which reminds me...

I know there are a couple "Black and White" figure fans on here. Well, THIS TARDIS set is for you. It's so dark it's almost monochrome. In low light it may as well be a black and white box. Even with a colour Troughton figure, looks totally of its era. If I stood a Black and White Troughton by it, it still would probably look right.
Yes, I have noted it before, and I am looking forward to it. ;)
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

Kaldor

Post by Kaldor »

Just been shown a photo by my friend who’s in a Facebook group containing a possible new set! :D :D
If it’s true, and the poster has reason to suggest it is, it’s awesome (and a kinda obvious one, I suppose)

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Kaldor wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:45 pm
Just been shown a photo by my friend who’s in a Facebook group containing a possible new set! :D :D
If it’s true, and the poster has reason to suggest it is, it’s awesome (and a kinda obvious one, I suppose)
I mean, that's not gonna make anyone deathly curious or anything.... ;)

Kaldor

Post by Kaldor »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:54 pm
Kaldor wrote:
I’m saying that in the hope that there’s someone else in that group! I don’t want to screenshot in case I’m booted out the group... gahhhh! :lol:

BoundryHopper

Post by BoundryHopper »

Kaldor wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:10 pm
Spannerintheworks wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:54 pm
Kaldor wrote:
I’m saying that in the hope that there’s someone else in that group! I don’t want to screenshot in case I’m booted out the group... gahhhh! :lol:
Well, don't post the picture but just list the figures! :)
#SAYNOTOSCALPERS

omega1963

Post by omega1963 »

Kaldor wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:10 pm
[quote=Spannerintheworks post_id=26946 time=<a href="tel:1597521252">1597521252</a> user_id=89]
[quote=Kaldor post_id=26945 time=<a href="tel:1597520739">1597520739</a> user_id=1129]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Very curious to know/see what these figures are