Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Neon Wolf »

Welcome back.

RoseyT

Post by RoseyT »

DOCTORWHOFAN77 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:04 pm
Feels good to be back here after so many years away! I haven't been collecting for some time, but the UNIT wave drew me back in.

I never thought we would see UNIT troopers in the line, and having Benton and Yates to accompany my Three Doctors Brigadier is incredible. Very thankful to have these figures in the line after so many years - and excited to see what may be on the horizon in the future!
Woah what a blast from the past!

DoctorTWho

Post by DoctorTWho »

Theta Sigma wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:02 am
That may be the deal-breaker. It could potentially run at the temperature needed to soften the plastic underneath.
I will say it didn't run when I did it, but the coating did feel a little gummy, or at least gummier than normal, for a bit.
Deborah J wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:18 pm
I was under the impression that the problem was the tape pulling the doors out of shape
It's a perfect storm of potential problems, including the tape and construction changes to the TARDIS itself. Without a bottom stopper on the base to hold the outer door, the spring tension tends to keep pushing out at the bottom of the inner (right side) door. Which only makes the problem worse and harder to correct.

The 5th Doctor TARDIS unfortunately also uses the tape, but thankfully the one I got didn't show the same extreme warping that I've seen across multiple 2nd Doctor TARDISes.

Now if only I could find a safe and effective way to remove the stickiness left over from the tape without also removing any paint/weathering.

DoctorTWho

Post by DoctorTWho »

Doctor What wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:01 pm
Even though I have both versions I do hope they re-release the SWD, it's seemingly very difficult to get now which must be a real pain if you're a newer collector or couldn't get it at the time. Would also be great for customisers.
I didn't even know there was another version aside from the SFX.

I remember actively trying to get the SFX SWD. I never saw a single one at retail, but saw them consistently scalped online for many times the original price. It was immensely frustrating and it's the only SFX Dalek that I wanted but never got.

Long story short, I would jump on a Special Weapons Dalek rerelease.

GSD

Post by GSD »

DOCTORWHOFAN77 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:04 pm
Feels good to be back here after so many years away! I haven't been collecting for some time, but the UNIT wave drew me back in.
I know how you feel there. I was drawn back in just before the Big Finish sets dropped. Popped into B&M on a lunch break stroll and nabbed one of those 70s sets on sale.

As for for this Twelve and Davros, looks lovely, but I think I'll pass. May try and pick up a loose Capaldi later down the line though, but that's about it. More interested to see if and/or when that fabled Ace set pops up—along with whatever's in store for next year too.

Koth2

Post by Koth2 »

DoctorTWho wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:22 am
Long story short, I would jump on a Special Weapons Dalek rerelease.
Ditto. Or make a Time War variant please.

Lepter1

Post by Lepter1 »

So ace and standard imperial set! Looks good.

https://youtu.be/whGijuExXiw

RoseyT

Post by RoseyT »

I'm very glad they chose this over a destroyed dalek. Cannot get enough Imperial daleks tbh

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

Wooo, they actually fixed the eye colour!

omega1963

Post by omega1963 »

I’ll be getting a couple of these to add to my dalek faction. Cant wait to get my grubby little protuberances on them.