The I Heart Al thread

Avon

Re: The I Heart Al thread

Post by Avon »

:lol: I would love a Fothergil, but he'd be fighting Gladiators-style for a place in my dream three pack, bubble wrap Noah, Harrison Chase and the ol classic, our friend Pigbin Josh, the true 70s set we want. Failing those, I would buy two cargo containers of Captain Hawkins and encase them in carbonite.

I will further add to the gushing praise and Al shrines, I still can't get over the fact Harry exists, let alone this years stuff! It's surreal, and all down to the love and care Al and his team put into this line which have kept it rolling long after many thought it was done (I vividly remember the interview a few years back in a DWM special, where it was implied basically, apart from B&M re-releases.., classics were buried), it's a true renaissance, I doubt even the Delphon's could express how happy we all are. But how on earth are these going to be topped?? I look forward to finding out...

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:37 am
The zygon figure we have is of the same actor as the duke of forgill, so we kind of do have a figure of him
Saying that, is like saying Broton will also work as Seron in a Keeper Of Traken set!

I hope you aren't giving Al ideas there. That's not a repaint I want to see. :lol:
Avon wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:40 am
:lol: I would love a Fothergil, but he'd be fighting Gladiators-style for a place in my dream three pack, bubble wrap Noah, Harrison Chase and the ol classic, our friend Pigbin Josh, the true 70s set we want. Failing those, I would buy two cargo containers of Captain Hawkins and encase them in carbonite.

I will further add to the gushing praise and Al shrines, I still can't get over the fact Harry exists, let alone this years stuff! It's surreal, and all down to the love and care Al and his team put into this line which have kept it rolling long after many thought it was done (I vividly remember the interview a few years back in a DWM special, where it was implied basically, apart from B&M re-releases.., classics were buried), it's a true renaissance, I doubt even the Delphon's could express how happy we all are. But how on earth are these going to be topped?? I look forward to finding out...
Good God, how could I not consider Tony Beckley. Four-pack! Damn the shelf space!
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Theta Sigma wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:23 am
Deborah J wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:37 am
The zygon figure we have is of the same actor as the duke of forgill, so we kind of do have a figure of him
Saying that, is like saying Broton will also work as Seron in a Keeper Of Traken set!

I hope you aren't giving Al ideas there. That's not a repaint I want to see. :lol:
My zygon runs a plastics factory

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

Deborah J wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:53 am
My zygon runs a plastics factory
Bah! Nestene outsourcing is killing our economy! ;)
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

canton the Fifth

Post by canton the Fifth »

Just got a Companions of the Fourth Doctor set, and I have to say it's superb! The three head sculpts are some of the best produced, and the reuse of body sculpts is very effective. Cheers, Al, for keeping the line going!

Uncle_Abe

Post by Uncle_Abe »

Just checking in to say that I've now got all the new sets and I'm very happy. I honestly don't know why these bits of plastic make me so happy, but they do. Big thanks to Al for giving me something to smile about. I know fans can be a difficult bunch and I know that you have a very demanding job, so please know that your work is appreciated.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

The sets I've ordered from amazon have slowly started to come in. Yesterday I got my History of the Daleks Set #1.

It's hard to believe that just a box with two little Daleks in it can bring me such joy, but it does. I am so impressed with how this set is put together. The description of the prop history on the back of the box, the tiny attention to detail of the different sized irises, the number marks on the back... it all adds up to one of the nicest sets we've ever had.

Thanks, Al! You care about these things, and it shows.

TV8

Post by TV8 »

Got my sets of the Tardis & 2nd Doctor, Companions of the 4th Doctor, UNIT and Daleks (Invasion) just before the COVID lockdown in Australia shut down any chance of further online purchases.
These. Sets. Are. Amazing.
They have exceeded my expectations on accuracy of detail, packaging, choice of characters and most importantly, quality control. I can't thank Al enough for these rays of sunshine in an otherwise depressing world.
Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under.

Kaldor

Post by Kaldor »

The fires of Pompeii set is a stroke of brilliance. I love Ed the soldier, but the Pyrovile Creature is just beautiful. The work on it is amazing, the cracks, the magma effect, the stature... simply perfection. Such an underrated gem, and I felt so strongly I had to post it in this thread where I know it would be seen!

Lurker at the Edge

Post by Lurker at the Edge »

Yes i like that figure as well ... it was a great idea for a creature as well ...