Potential Doctor Who Classic Tardis Set (Petition Included)

skifflebits

Re: Potential Doctor Who Classic Tardis Set (Petition Included)

Post by skifflebits » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:23 am

I have a feeling it might be stuck for a while unless you get it out to some big DW news sites.

Fanatics like us will jump on this the moment we hear about it, but I don't know about more casual fans.
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:37 am

Check again; It loads slow, I thought the same about it stopping but it looks like it'll crack 200 in the next day or so.

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:07 am

I don't know how far this will get (sadly, I don't think very far), but it has made me wonder: How many people paying how much money would it take to fund a single figure? Would, for example, 4,000 people paying 20 quid get a 2013-Current Cyberman figure made? Considering there are usually 4,000 B&M set made and they are three repaint/re-issue figures, surely paying 20 quid for one figure with some cool accessories would get something funded?

HubertBonisseur

Post by HubertBonisseur » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:50 pm

When we had the UGT/FP exclusives, they were usually about £30 each, and the numbers that were produced were 4000-6000.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:51 pm

So, there's some solid points to be made that could help:

*What would we be getting? Here's the thing, £100 is gonna be worth it....if it is. So, I'll be frank - for £100, I'd expect a detailed console, a couple walls, a scanner, working doors, and maybe a couple extras (coat hanger, Astral map or a unique figure). Others might expect lights and sounds.

I guarantee if there was a better indication what this included, it'd be easier to communicate/get support. Al was able to give a price estimate, but look at Jabba's Barge - people knew EXACTLY what they were getting. We don't need prototype images, but I'll say this: No one's paying £100 for a rotocast console and cardboard walls with perforated doors. What would that estimate include?

*There needs to be a clear goal that will actually achieve something. This actually has Character's attention; It's not one guy and/or one forum hoping it goes viral and gets a producer'a support. Would 1000 respondents be enough? 4000-6000, as previously stated? I'll say this, a £30 exclusive figure was a "collector's" move and only £10 more than I'd expect at retail. A £100 set is also a markup from what I'd expect at retail (Again, the prior point of "what's included?" figures in here), so clearly we're investing more already. What is achievable with what response?

Again, I'm not on GB- If someone could actually get even vague clarification on these, it'd probably make the petition way more successful....

HubertBonisseur

Post by HubertBonisseur » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:52 pm

At the moment, it's just an idea. There's no detailed project and Al's given £100 as an indication of the kind of price to expect *IF* they decide to do it. I think that people are jumping the gun and thinking it's actually coming.

From what I understand, the idea of the petition is just to gauge interest. If it's only a couple hundred people interested, there's no point in CO investing time and affort in a project.
Last edited by HubertBonisseur on Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:27 pm

Which king is thin?
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:38 pm

HubertBonisseur wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:52 pm
At the moment, it's just an idea. There's no detailed project and Al's given £100 as an indication of the kind of price to expect *IF* they decide to do it. I think that people are jumping the gun and thin king it's actually coming.

From what I understand, the idea of the petition is just to gauge interest. If it's only a couple hundred people interested, there's no point in CO investing time and affort in a project.
Right, I get the interest gauge. But here's the thing:

Of course it's not coming. Why petition otherwise? I'm just saying this'd be an easier "sell" if it was more clear:

*What we were getting. (General idea, not just a vague descriptor as it is now)
*What was required beyond unit price (Ideally, what level of petition response - a "goal" if you will.)

Successful petitions work this way. And it's crucial that this isn't just a fan trying to drum up interest in hopes Character will consider - We've a key member of Character in dialogue. I'm not on GB, but if someone could even get scant ideas to these ends, I guarantee more people would sign and circulate it. Probably even collector/toy newsletters, podcasts & websites outside of Doctor Who sites.
Last edited by Spannerintheworks on Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:40 pm

Double post, sorry!

HubertBonisseur

Post by HubertBonisseur » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:01 pm

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:38 pm
HubertBonisseur wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:52 pm
At the moment, it's just an idea. There's no detailed project and Al's given £100 as an indication of the kind of price to expect *IF* they decide to do it. I think that people are jumping the gun and thin king it's actually coming.

Right, I get the interest gauge. But here's the thing:

Of course it's not coming. Why petition otherwise? I'm just saying this'd be an easier "sell" if it was more clear:

*What we were getting. (General idea, not just a vague descriptor as it is now)
*What was required beyond unit price (Ideally, what level of petition response - a "goal" if you will.)

Successful petitions work this way. And it's crucial that this isn't just a fan trying to drum up interest in hopes Character will consider - We've a key member of Character in dialogue. I'm not on GB, but if someone could even get scant ideas to these ends, I guarantee more people would sign and circulate it. Probably even collector/toy newsletters, podcasts & websites outside of Doctor Who sites.
CO didn't set up the petition, a fan did.