The worst figures...

skifflebits

Re: The worst figures...

Post by skifflebits » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:56 pm

Whovastron wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:33 pm
They still tweak it and essentially make it. But that’s what I’m saying, digital scan is not a guarantee of accuracy

Just look at big chief, all the modern people are scanned, but pretty much none of them look like their actors
OK, I happen to think the Big Chief figures look pretty good, so I guess our brains are just living in two different universes.

EDIT: And just to clarify, I don't think that first Capaldi figure is a good likeness at all, I just don't think it's down to only the sculpt; it's down to bad planning all around.
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

Neon Wolf

Post by Neon Wolf » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:03 pm

skifflebits wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:56 pm
Whovastron wrote:
They still tweak it and essentially make it. But that’s what I’m saying, digital scan is not a guarantee of accuracy

Just look at big chief, all the modern people are scanned, but pretty much none of them look like their actors
OK, I happen to think the Big Chief figures look pretty good, so I guess our brains are just living in two different universes.

EDIT: And just to clarify, I don't think that first Capaldi figure is a good likeness at all, I just don't think it's down to only the sculpt; it's down to bad planning all around.
The best way I can describe some of the Big Chief figures is that they look like the character but not necessarily like the actor, if that makes sense?

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:06 pm

Neon Wolf wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:03 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Whovastron wrote:

The best way I can describe some of the Big Chief figures is that they look like the character but not necessarily like the actor, if that makes sense?
.... nope.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Neon Wolf

Post by Neon Wolf » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:09 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:06 pm
Neon Wolf wrote:
skifflebits wrote:

.... nope.
I mean they capture the character by over emphasizing some features and traits which results in them looking more like a caricature of the character rather than being a 100% faithful adaption of what's on screen.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:11 pm

Neon Wolf wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:09 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Neon Wolf wrote:

.... nope.
I mean they capture the character by over emphasizing some features and traits which results in them looking more like a caricature of the character rather than being a 100% faithful adaption of what's on screen.
That makes more sense. Spitting Image would be proud.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Neon Wolf

Post by Neon Wolf » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:17 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:11 pm
Neon Wolf wrote:
DalekCheese wrote:

.... nope.
Another way of looking at it is that they look like the actors brother or sister, the likeness is close sometimes really close but not quite there. I must admit that the Bond figures they produce do have a good likeness though.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:20 pm

Neon Wolf wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:17 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Neon Wolf wrote:

Another way of looking at it is that they look like the actors brother or sister, the likeness is close sometimes really close but not quite there. I must admit that the Bond figures they produce do have a good likeness though.
The one they did of Goldfinger was great.

Neon Wolf

Post by Neon Wolf » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:22 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:20 pm
Neon Wolf wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:17 pm
DalekCheese wrote:

The one they did of Goldfinger was great.
Definitely, BC can produce a really good likeness it's just a shame some of the DW figures they've done suffered from being new products from a new company.