General Questions About Figures Thread

DalekCheese

Re: General Questions About Figures Thread

Post by DalekCheese »

skifflebits wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:35 pm
Did Al say CO lost the classic Dalek mold when they changed factories and some molds were damaged? Or am I totally misinterpreting that?
Parts of it at least are damaged. Certainly the imperial moulds. And the werewolf. But not beyond repair- so we could have more classic daleks, but they’d be a bit more expensive because of the mould repairs
AI is here!!

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

DalekCheese wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:46 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Did Al say CO lost the classic Dalek mold when they changed factories and some molds were damaged? Or am I totally misinterpreting that?
Parts of it at least are damaged. Certainly the imperial moulds. And the werewolf. But not beyond repair- so we could have more classic daleks, but they’d be a bit more expensive because of the mould repairs
Hmm. Makes me wonder if they should just start over and strike a new mold now that they better know the different ways they'd use it. I mean, they'd certainly get plenty of figures out of it.
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

skifflebits wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:11 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:46 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Hmm. Makes me wonder if they should just start over and strike a new mold now that they better know the different ways they'd use it. I mean, they'd certainly get plenty of figures out of it.
If they were going to strike a new Impy mould, they could always fix that skirt...
AI is here!!

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

rip in piece weirdworf

CharlieTheWhovian
Location: I could tell you but then I'd probably have to kill you... ;)

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

I've got some relatives going to New York soon. Are there any figures I should ask them to see if they can pick me up?

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:43 am
I've got some relatives going to New York soon. Are there any figures I should ask them to see if they can pick me up?
Not the seven20 Jodie IMHO
AI is here!!

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:43 am
Honestly, nope. Unless you want the UT Jodie out of curiosity. Though on the plus-side, it is actually in bloody scale with the rest of the figures. On the minus-side, I've never actually seen it in an actual store, only online from "Toot's Toys," and honestly, I don't think anybody's ever even hear of frikkin'' Toot.

There haven't been any figures on the shelves in the US since UT stopped distributing CO toys and tried making their own. I get all of my stuff mail-order.

On the other hand... There might be the odd older set left on the shelves over various comic book stores and whatnot. A store not too far from me still has the "Revelation" set in amongst its various toys and bobbles.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

So... I suppose if there were going to be new releases for Christmas, we would have heard something by now, huh?

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:39 pm
So... I suppose if there were going to be new releases for Christmas, we would have heard something by now, huh?
Maybe CO is just going to send them straight to the shops without telling us, stealth like. Suddenly some mush will just notice them on the shelves and make a fuss somewhere on the internet and then we'll know.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

Well I recently got the 2016 tenth doctor b&m set, and I was wondering... Is the helmet on the Vashta Nerada removable? Or rather, can it be removed?