General Questions About Figures Thread

User avatar
Doctor What
Moderator
Posts: 553
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:33 am

Re: General Questions About Figures Thread

Post by Doctor What »

Gek2Win wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:26 am
Well I recently got the 2016 tenth doctor b&m set, and I was wondering... Is the helmet on the Vashta Nerada removable? Or rather, can it be removed?
Nope, they're stuck on.

User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 894
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: General Questions About Figures Thread

Post by skifflebits »

Is it all one piece or can you pry it off?
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

User avatar
Doctor What
Moderator
Posts: 553
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:33 am

Re: General Questions About Figures Thread

Post by Doctor What »

skifflebits wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:29 pm
Is it all one piece or can you pry it off?
I thought it was all one piece but actually after looking at mine it does seem to be another piece that's been stuck on so you could probably get it off.

User avatar
SJF
Posts: 706
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:16 pm

Re: General Questions About Figures Thread

Post by SJF »

Doctor What wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:49 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:29 pm
Is it all one piece or can you pry it off?
I thought it was all one piece but actually after looking at mine it does seem to be another piece that's been stuck on so you could probably get it off.
Can confirm that the Skull is separate from the helmet. The helmet is just glued on at the “collar”. I don’t think there’s even a peg connecting it, just glue.
Image

User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 894
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: General Questions About Figures Thread

Post by skifflebits »

Boil it!
Boil it!
Boil it!

:)
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

TARDIS23
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:40 am

Re: General Questions About Figures Thread

Post by TARDIS23 »

Doctor What wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:48 am
Gek2Win wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:26 am
Well I recently got the 2016 tenth doctor b&m set, and I was wondering... Is the helmet on the Vashta Nerada removable? Or rather, can it be removed?
Nope, they're stuck on.
I’m fairly sure the B&M one is removable as said the original ones were glued on but I remember reading they made it removal on the B&M version I had a B&M one which I removed easily as well.

User avatar
Doctor What
Moderator
Posts: 553
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:33 am

Re: General Questions About Figures Thread

Post by Doctor What »

TARDIS23 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:47 pm
Doctor What wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:48 am
Gek2Win wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:26 am
Well I recently got the 2016 tenth doctor b&m set, and I was wondering... Is the helmet on the Vashta Nerada removable? Or rather, can it be removed?
Nope, they're stuck on.
I’m fairly sure the B&M one is removable as said the original ones were glued on but I remember reading they made it removal on the B&M version I had a B&M one which I removed easily as well.
That's interesting, I suspect it's more down to them using less glue or something rather than being intentional. Does it fit on river's body? Perhaps with the hair modded?

TARDIS23
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:40 am

Re: General Questions About Figures Thread

Post by TARDIS23 »

Doctor What wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:43 pm
TARDIS23 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:47 pm
Doctor What wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:48 am


Nope, they're stuck on.
I’m fairly sure the B&M one is removable as said the original ones were glued on but I remember reading they made it removal on the B&M version I had a B&M one which I removed easily as well.
That's interesting, I suspect it's more down to them using less glue or something rather than being intentional. Does it fit on river's body? Perhaps with the hair modded?
I’m not sure about that and I don’t currently have those figures to hand but I would imagine if it was an intentional change that would probably be the motivation behind it.

User avatar
Doctor What
Moderator
Posts: 553
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:33 am

Re: General Questions About Figures Thread

Post by Doctor What »

Was there ever a version of the 11 Doctors set that contained the blue tie variant of the 11th Doctor (from the crash set) instead of the red one? I seem to remember this being talked about at the time but I have no idea if it was real.

User avatar
TheSparrow
Posts: 685
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:30 pm
Location: My parent's basement.

Re: General Questions About Figures Thread

Post by TheSparrow »

Doctor What wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:27 pm
Was there ever a version of the 11 Doctors set that contained the blue tie variant of the 11th Doctor (from the crash set) instead of the red one? I seem to remember this being talked about at the time but I have no idea if it was real.
Yes. There's a ToysRUs exclusive with the blue bow tie :)
I STILL DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE. I'VE GIVEN UP AT THIS POINT 👉😎👉

Post Reply