General Questions About Figures Thread

Rackers96

Re: General Questions About Figures Thread

Post by Rackers96 »

Doctor What wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:26 pm
Now at the moment this is just an idea that's popped into my head, i've not looked into how easy this would be to do, although I suspect I could do it...

Would there be much interest/use for a site that lists every 5 inch figure/set ever made, that could be searched and grouped into different categories? For example, you could look at sets by year, or view every set with the 5th Doctor in, anything like that. Think something a little bit like this, but probably with more focus on being able to sort into categories: https://jedibusiness.com/star-wars-figu ... peName=6bs
I saw a site not long ago that had listed them all in released order by year, but I do think that would be pretty good to have
Last edited by Rackers96 on Tue May 05, 2020 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

CharlieTheWhovian
Location: I could tell you but then I'd probably have to kill you... ;)

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

Doctor What wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:26 pm
Now at the moment this is just an idea that's popped into my head, i've not looked into how easy this would be to do, although I suspect I could do it...

Would there be much interest/use for a site that lists every 5 inch figure/set ever made, that could be searched and grouped into different categories? For example, you could look at sets by year, or view every set with the 5th Doctor in, anything like that. Think something a little bit like this, but probably with more focus on being able to sort into categories: https://jedibusiness.com/star-wars-figu ... peName=6bs
It would definitely be useful for customisers trying to find body/face matches etc. :)

Koth2

Post by Koth2 »

This site has done most of the work. Just needs a bit of tweaking. Ive just found in my lockdown project the B&M2017 4th Doctor (with Leela and K9) is a variant paint job which fits a couple of his stories, notably Robots of Death. This sort of info that was easily accessible would be a godsend.

greeneggsandspam

Post by greeneggsandspam »

does anyone else think the fifth doctor is too square?
Eggs gon give it to ya

SJF

Post by SJF »

greeneggsandspam wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 10:13 pm
I think a lot of the classic Doctors are odd shapes. Particular the Sixth Doctor.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

SJF wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 10:22 pm
greeneggsandspam wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 10:13 pm
I think a lot of the classic Doctors are odd shapes. Particular the Sixth Doctor.
(Snickers as Troughton's "Miss Piggy" ripostes of Colin are recalled)

BOT, do you mean the figure? Or do you just wish 5 would've loosened up? Either way works.

greeneggsandspam

Post by greeneggsandspam »

I mean the figure, the fabric of his coat drapes in a really weird flat square sort of way, it's always bothered me, he has a square backside
Eggs gon give it to ya

TARDIS23

Post by TARDIS23 »

I found this on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254529327594
Can anyone shed any light on it? It’s a 12” evolution of the Daleks set. I know there was a 12” doomsday set prototyped (which I am sure I saw in a shop once which really confused me) but I wasn’t aware of this one.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

I’ve seen them before, but I don’t know how widespread their sales were.

TARDIS23

Post by TARDIS23 »

Yeah never mind I’ve just seen it listed on the main site. However on a quick google search there isn’t many results for it so I’m guessing they were quite scarce.