General Questions About Figures Thread

Uncle_Abe

Re: General Questions About Figures Thread

Post by Uncle_Abe »

RoseyT wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:28 am
Honestly I tried boil and pop for the first time the other day and was amazed how well it worked. Now I can finally display my bought on release Leela who's been damaged since release!
I have an original release Leela, too. Was the issue with yours that the torso doesn't sit flush to the legs at the waist? Mine has that problem and I've seen a few images of Leela's with wonky waists, presumably from the same run. If yours is the same, how did you fix it? I haven't been brave enough to disassemble mine. Those Leelas are expensive to replace now.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

my original leela's leg keeps falling off it's socket, I can never get it to click in firmly

For Luck's Sake

Post by For Luck's Sake »

Uncle_Abe wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:58 am
RoseyT wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:28 am
Honestly I tried boil and pop for the first time the other day and was amazed how well it worked. Now I can finally display my bought on release Leela who's been damaged since release!
I have an original release Leela, too. Was the issue with yours that the torso doesn't sit flush to the legs at the waist? Mine has that problem and I've seen a few images of Leela's with wonky waists, presumably from the same run. If yours is the same, how did you fix it? I haven't been brave enough to disassemble mine. Those Leelas are expensive to replace now.
I, like everyone up-thread, spend a lot of time thinking about Leela's legs....

rhysch

Post by rhysch »

so i’ve had the seventh doctor tardis since it was released, and back when i was a youth that didn’t appreciate the value of said tardis, i somehow managed to break the top of the lamp off, does anybody have any tips about how to fix it or where i could get a replacement? turns out, it’s pretty pricey now for the whole tardis so i don’t really wanna fork out for a complete new one when it’s only the lamp that’s broken 🥴
Formerly ‘chocywhovian’ thankfully I’ve matured since then 😂

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

rhysch wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:32 pm
so i’ve had the seventh doctor tardis since it was released, and back when i was a youth that didn’t appreciate the value of said tardis, i somehow managed to break the top of the lamp off, does anybody have any tips about how to fix it or where i could get a replacement? turns out, it’s pretty pricey now for the whole tardis so i don’t really wanna fork out for a complete new one when it’s only the lamp that’s broken 🥴
Have you tried superglue?

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

rhysch wrote:
Could you show a picture of it?

rhysch

Post by rhysch »

Deborah J wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:41 pm
rhysch wrote:
Have you tried superglue?
it broke off a while ago tbh, otherwise that would’ve been my go to :( i’ve somewhat ‘fixed’ it by using milliput to fix the shape and then i painted it to match, but i’d rather have the proper thing tbh.
Formerly ‘chocywhovian’ thankfully I’ve matured since then 😂

Lurker at the Edge

Post by Lurker at the Edge »

The classic TARDIS lamps electronic and non are basically all the same so if you detach the roof (there are four screws in a cruciform shape, accessible by pushing the doors as wide as possible and using a long cross head screwdriver) So if you can pick up a cheap B&M one ... you should be able to access the lamp to remove and replace it .. then repaint to match.

Dalekoddjob

Post by Dalekoddjob »

Ho how many people will be using their Davros sets to create:
1. Doctor in Davros chair and Davros torso on the floor.
2. Molloy Davros in new Chair from Bog Finish.
3. Me - I'm quite tempted to make a film Davros with blue skin.......

MoarCrossovers

Post by MoarCrossovers »

I wasn't sure where to ask, so I'll ask here to find out where to ask. Yeah, that makes sense...

is there anywhere on this forum where I ask about acquiring spare parts for figures?
"Uwu! Nyaow I am deth, destwoyer of wurlds!"