Post by DalekCheese » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:21 pm

Gek2Win wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:57 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:51 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:39 pm
Yeah, I think I'm just gonna open it.

Holding out was less about monetary value and more about how rare it was to see on in a box. But screw it, I want the figures out.
That's the attitude!
Yeah, the only figure I've never opened is my 3.75" Mummy, which is signed by the actor to me. The only singed thing I own. Ironically, I don't own one out of box, as that's what I was originally buying that one for.
Oh, that’s cool! Got a picture of it?
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Gek2Win

Re: General Questions About Figures Thread

Post by Gek2Win » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:30 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:21 pm
Gek2Win wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:57 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:51 pm

That's the attitude!
Yeah, the only figure I've never opened is my 3.75" Mummy, which is signed by the actor to me. The only singed thing I own. Ironically, I don't own one out of box, as that's what I was originally buying that one for.
Oh, that’s cool! Got a picture of it?
I don't have it to hand right now, but I may send a picture in the near future.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:44 pm

That's an important distinction: If it's a signed packaging thing, then I'd keep it as is. (Did so with the trenchcoat Captain Jack myself.)

Otherwise, open/enjoy! :D

joe38658

Post by joe38658 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:38 pm

Does the City of Death 4th Doctor sculpt have an open waistcoat on underneath his coat that was painted white to blend in with the shirt?
I just noticed the edge of his shirt didnt look like a shirt crease and pulling his coat back a bit looks like a waistcoat is underneath. Looking at 4th Doctor figures, it doesnt seem like the waistcoat is every actually used either. He does wear an open waistcoat in the episodes but why is it unpainted?

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:55 pm

joe38658 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:38 pm
Does the City of Death 4th Doctor sculpt have an open waistcoat on underneath his coat that was painted white to blend in with the shirt?
I just noticed the edge of his shirt didnt look like a shirt crease and pulling his coat back a bit looks like a waistcoat is underneath. Looking at 4th Doctor figures, it doesnt seem like the waistcoat is every actually used either. He does wear an open waistcoat in the episodes but why is it unpainted?
Yep that's a waistcoat, no idea why they would sculpt it and then not paint it.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:38 pm

Well i've just found something I didn't know existed, I was browsing this site:

http://doctorwhofigureshistory.zohosites.com/2016.html

When I came across this:
10th doctor with adipose.jpg
10th doctor with adipose.jpg (45.07 KiB) Viewed 255 times
10th Doctor in brown suit with the end of time glasses head, am I right in thinking this particular combination was never released anywhere else? I think this was one of that wave of collector's re-releases that only made it to the US (like that Dalek Sec single release). It does look a bit blue but according to the description it's brown, I think it's just the lighting.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:55 pm

Doctor What wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:38 pm

When I came across this:

10th Doctor in brown suit with the end of time glasses head, am I right in thinking this particular combination was never released anywhere else? I think this was one of that wave of collector's re-releases that only made it to the US (like that Dalek Sec single release). It does look a bit blue but according to the description it's brown, I think it's just the lighting.
I cant see the picture, but there was a brown suit/glasses/eot head 10 with some adipose in one of the b&m sets either in 2015 or 2016.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:57 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:55 pm
Doctor What wrote:

When I came across this:

I cant see the picture, but there was a brown suit/glasses/eot head 10 with some adipose in one of the b&m sets either in 2015 or 2016.
I have that set, that one has a blue suit. That figure was also a US single release a few years prior. That figure also annoys me because like a quarter of the pinstripes on mine aren't painted for some reason :x

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:03 pm

Doctor What wrote:

When I came across this:

Yeah that looks like the 'brown' suit to me, the proper blue suit is really quite a bright blue. Just shows how blue the 'brown' suit can look in certain light.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:05 pm

I still think it was a poor choice to totally make that headsculpt unusable except with glasses... At least they've made a new head to make up for it.