Playset Propositions

Gek2Win

Re: Playset Propositions

Post by Gek2Win »

I actually had another idea, which was a Cybertomb set. Two pods, and one siderail. I imagine that parts of the pods would be cardboard. You could buy a couple and build a bigger tomb. I'd say it would come with a tomb Cyberman. There could also be a Controller pod set with the controller, some cybermats, the controller pod and the big table form the entrance.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Gek2Win wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:33 pm
I actually had another idea, which was a Cybertomb set. Two pods, and one siderail. I imagine that parts of the pods would be cardboard. You could buy a couple and build a bigger tomb. I'd say it would come with a tomb Cyberman. There could also be a Controller pod set with the controller, some cybermats, the controller pod and the big table form the entrance.
Oh, now I like that... If you had 9 pods then that’s a good size, but not massive. And justifies the figure, probably.
AI is here!!

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

Each set would probably be £20-£25, so it would be hard to build a proper tomb, but you know, money for CO...

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Gek2Win wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:37 pm
Each set would probably be £20-£25, so it would be hard to build a proper tomb, but you know, money for CO...
Yeah. 9 would probably fit on a largish shelf, so it’d make a nice background for collectors. And kids probably wouldn’t mind as it’s still quite big.
AI is here!!

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

Anyway, I'd also like a classic TARDIS obviously, and the three doctors version is probably the best comprise. So, plastic console, card backdrop, plastic frame for that back section with plastic screen. £35. I'd say don't include a figure, keep it cheap and cheerful.

Edit: 9 pods would probably make 3 rows, right?

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Gek2Win wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:41 pm
Anyway, I'd also like a classic TARDIS obviously, and the three doctors version is probably the best comprise. So, plastic console, card backdrop, plastic frame for that back section with plastic screen. £35. I'd say don't include a figure, keep it cheap and cheerful.
Yeah. Actually, they could kitbash the scanner from the Idiot’s lantern TV set.
AI is here!!

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

DalekCheese wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:43 pm
Gek2Win wrote:
I suppose, although that would be a bit big... Lovely piece though, I can gush about that figure for hours.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Gek2Win wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:45 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:43 pm
Gek2Win wrote:
I suppose, although that would be a bit big... Lovely piece though, I can gush about that figure for hours.
Yeah...
AI is here!!

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

should make the cyber controllers pod so you could sit him inside and when you open it it looks like when you open the door on a train and some clown forgot to lock it and you open the door and they're sitting there, and it's absolutely the worst thing ever, but that is what that scene in tomb looks like, try watching it and not thinking of that now that I've said it, you can't

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Deborah J wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:45 pm
should make the cyber controllers pod so you could sit him inside and when you open it it looks like when you open the door on a train and some clown forgot to lock it and you open the door and they're sitting there, and it's absolutely the worst thing ever, but that is what that scene in tomb looks like, try watching it and not thinking of that now that I've said it, you can't
Why have you said that

I can’t unsee it

For those of you who want to test Deb’s hypothesis:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9or2yDvC3Ck
AI is here!!