Unusual Dalek

DalekCheese

Re: Unusual Dalek

Post by DalekCheese »

It might be worth bearing in mind that most of the background Daleks were dirtied up to the point that their original liveries were almost invisible.

greeneggsandspam

Post by greeneggsandspam »

It sounds to me like there probably was a black paradim dalek, and it was just so dirty and in the background that we just didn't notice it. like you say half of the daleks in the episode you can't really tell what colour scheme they were. I remember reading at the time that they had every single dalek in that story, every variant from the shows history, and I couldnt spot more than 3 or 4 classic styles, so clearly its not easy to spot all the daleks they had. and since theyd repainted all the paradign daleks for that story, making some of them metalic, it seems likely that one of them might have ended up black, what happened to the yellow and orange o nes, for exampole, there's not metalic orange or matalic yellow in that episode no, I think one of them got black.
Eggs gon give it to ya

Dalekoddjob

Post by Dalekoddjob »

Hi
I'm fairly sure there was no Black Paradigm and its the Secalike he's remembered. Dalek 6388 doesn't mention it.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

greeneggsandspam wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:30 am
It sounds to me like there probably was a black paradim dalek, and it was just so dirty and in the background that we just didn't notice it. like you say half of the daleks in the episode you can't really tell what colour scheme they were. I remember reading at the time that they had every single dalek in that story, every variant from the shows history, and I couldnt spot more than 3 or 4 classic styles, so clearly its not easy to spot all the daleks they had. and since theyd repainted all the paradign daleks for that story, making some of them metalic, it seems likely that one of them might have ended up black, what happened to the yellow and orange o nes, for exampole, there's not metalic orange or matalic yellow in that episode no, I think one of them got black.
True to a degree (although the marketing might have been somewhat hyperbolic), but while all of the classic daleks/several NSDs were borrowed from fans and propbuilders, all the Paradigm Daleks are accounted for; they were all BBC owned/made for the episode, and all are accounted for. The first internet-documented Paradigm build that I’ve been able to find would have concluded about mid-2012 iirc.

Kaldor

Post by Kaldor »

Spoken to someone who said they have an unused promotional photo earlier today they’re going to dig out. Whether or not this turns out to be a bit of a wild goose chase or I’m being lead on with dodgy photoshop... we’ll see!

Fincon1

Post by Fincon1 »

A black paradigm would look superb though, wouldn't it?

Kaldor

Post by Kaldor »

Last edited by Kaldor on Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kaldor

Post by Kaldor »

blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/nMaRu2r"><a href="//imgur.com/a/nMaRu2r"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Kaldor

Post by Kaldor »

I’ve been trying to upload this and all that’s being displayed is “image”. Anyone give me a hand?
Edit:
Wahey! I’ve stuck a link in, so until someone lets me know how to actually post an image onto the board, feel free to follow that link! I’ve had one of my mates have a look at it also, it doesn’t appear to be a photoshop job either, apparently. So here’s one for the customisers to make!

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Kaldor wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:45 am
I’ve been trying to upload this and all that’s being displayed is “image”. Anyone give me a hand?
Edit:
Wahey! I’ve stuck a link in, so until someone lets me know how to actually post an image onto the board, feel free to follow that link! I’ve had one of my mates have a look at it also, it doesn’t appear to be a photoshop job either, apparently. So here’s one for the customisers to make!
https://twitter.com/jamesstreetmanx/sta ... 3456153600

It's photoshopped, found the tweet it originates from. Also found the original, unaltered image:

The best way to post images is to upload them to imgur and copy the BBCode links into your post.