Miscellaneous non-figure Doctor Who toys

Rackers96

Re: Miscellaneous non-figure Doctor Who toys

Post by Rackers96 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:05 pm

I have loads of thing for this thread but they are all packed up at the minute because im moving.
Former HUU Doctor Who Society President. All Round Who Boffin.
Co-founder Vault Cosplays - https://vaultcosplays.wixsite.com/home

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:39 pm

Doctor What wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:50 pm
What the heck is going on with Tegan? Why does Shockeye look like that? Why is the Cyber Controller just a rusty looking Cyberman? What's with that generic mutant? Why does Borusa look nothing like any Borusa? Why is Morbius represented by his bust? I have so many questions...
I think the answers all converge on "We didn't have the money to pay actors for their likenesses, so we just drew up whatever."
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:33 pm

skifflebits wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:39 pm
Doctor What wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:50 pm
What the heck is going on with Tegan? Why does Shockeye look like that? Why is the Cyber Controller just a rusty looking Cyberman? What's with that generic mutant? Why does Borusa look nothing like any Borusa? Why is Morbius represented by his bust? I have so many questions...
I think the answers all converge on "We didn't have the money to pay actors for their likenesses, so we just drew up whatever."
I think that's most likely it. But then like the black guardian isn't that bad a likeness, and the master and the rani aren't terrible. idk

also, love your new signature, skiff, very metatextual.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:39 pm

Did anyone else ever get Doctor Who Top Trumps? I got the sets for the first 2 series, do they count as a toy? I also had that board game everyone seemed to have at the start of the reboot era 'The Interactive Electronic Board Game', it had the TARDIS that you pushed the lamp and it made noises and stuff. Had to collect the TARDIS repair cards and avoid Daleks, it is quite fun I still have it.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:56 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:39 pm
Did anyone else ever get Doctor Who Top Trumps? I got the sets for the first 2 series, do they count as a toy?
I have all of them up to the first set of capaldi ones, including the anniversary set, I'll put up a picture in a bit, it's a nice collection, though I regret missing the set(s?) that I don't have.

idontremembermylogin

Post by idontremembermylogin » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:56 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:56 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:39 pm
Did anyone else ever get Doctor Who Top Trumps? I got the sets for the first 2 series, do they count as a toy?
I have all of them up to the first set of capaldi ones, including the anniversary set, I'll put up a picture in a bit, it's a nice collection, though I regret missing the set(s?) that I don't have.
I had some 10th Doctor ones and some 11th Doctor ones that I got around the same time. I remember being quite dissapointed that they were basically the same except for a few baddies being replaced by some new series 5 baddies.
i'm boring now

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:20 pm

Here is my set of DW top trumps sets, I have all except the last capaldi one (they didn't do one for s10, aparrently) and I also have the 45th anniversary set which is lovely and comes in an external cardboard window box thing, I took a few more shots of it. Cards in it are lovely but one big complaint: no brigadier. Got all my other favourites, but no Brig, that seems an awful shame.

3DPrintingDoctorWho

Post by 3DPrintingDoctorWho » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:51 am

Rackers96 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:58 pm
whats the thingy on the end of the sonics row?
It's supposed to be Romana's Sonic, but it's not a very good likeness. Bought it super cheap with some other purchase about 15 years ago, and then painted it (badly).

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:11 am

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:20 pm
I also have the 45th anniversary set which is lovely and comes in an external cardboard window box thing
I'll be totally honest, I'm super jealous of you right now :lol: I wanted that set for years and could never seem to get it. I actually forgot how much I wanted it until I saw this, and now I want it again. I think a trip to Ebay may be required.

The two sets I had where the orange and purple boxed ones, at the start of your group pic. I also had lots of Star Wars sets and a bunch of others. Used to get them in Woolworths, those were the days...

And in case anyone doesn't know what board game I was on about here's an image from Google:
Mine is currently tucked away in my cupboard, but I'll get it out and take some pictures if anyone wants.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:54 am

Danoftardis wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:11 am
I'll be totally honest, I'm super jealous of you right now :lol: I wanted that set for years and could never seem to get it. I actually forgot how much I wanted it until I saw this, and now I want it again. I think a trip to Ebay may be required.
Yeah, it's a lovely thing to have, the card art is particularly nice, I don't think I apreciated when I got it how rare it might become, I think it was a very limited run. Only cost me £6, as the sticker that is still there will attest to. The only thing that lets it down, apart from the lack of brigadier, is the fact the cover card doesn't really have any artwork on it, when it's in its little tardis box it looks great, when you look at the face side of the cards they look great, but the top card that goes in the front of the plastic case is just the name of the set, a bit plain.