Miscellaneous non-figure Doctor Who toys

Doctor Gamer

Re: Miscellaneous non-figure Doctor Who toys

Post by Doctor Gamer » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:14 pm

If you’re interested, I think I might be able to get all yous a gig at Disneyland Clom if you want. I’ve heard that “Abzorbaloff” is the talk of the town on that planet!

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:54 pm

I hope you all know I'm currently working on something to one-up the whole TCOS thing :lol:
I STILL DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE. I'VE GIVEN UP AT THIS POINT 👉😎👉

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:11 am

Doctor Gamer wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:14 pm
If you’re interested, I think I might be able to get all yous a gig at Disneyland Clom if you want. I’ve heard that “Abzorbaloff” is the talk of the town on that planet!
This is it guys, we're going intergalactic! We must now officially be the biggest band in the universe. :lol:
TheSparrow wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:54 pm
I hope you all know I'm currently working on something to one-up the whole TCOS thing :lol:
I don't know if I should be scared, or extremely excited by this news. :?

Anyway onto my tracklist, I was gonna make a back cover for the album to show them, but seeing as I've made you wait all night I thought I'd post the songs and then make a back later, assuming the band approves of them of course. :lol:

1. Everybody Wants to Rel the World
2. SontarHun!
3. Midnight Rabe
4. Abzorbaloff (live and uncensored)
5. Deborah's Bute Holiday
6. I'm Your Venusian Lullaby
7. Massage Parlour Blues
8. I am a Dalek
9. Greasy Regret (Skaro remix)
10. I Wanna Be Upgraded

I'll let you all work out the various word plays and references.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:52 am

Here's my cheap-ass back cover of the album, complete with tracklist that the band hasn't approved of but will just have to put up with now.

As I don't expect anyone to get the reference, the upside down band is inspired by the Kasabian album 'Velociraptor!'

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:27 am

Danoftardis wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:52 am
Here's my cheap-ass back cover of the album, complete with tracklist that the band hasn't approved of but will just have to put up with now.

As I don't expect anyone to get the reference, the upside down band is inspired by the Kasabian album 'Velociraptor!'
Oh very nice, the 80s who title card style font is a nice choice, is that the real thing or just something similar? I don't get all of the references, 2,7 and 10 have me stuymped, but I like the list. And I'm glad you explained why we were upside down, because that was going to be my next question. I really like this, I might look out an unneeded cd case and print one of these album art selections onto it, have my own copy.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:56 am

Deborah J wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:27 am
Oh very nice, the 80s who title card style font is a nice choice, is that the real thing or just something similar? I don't get all of the references, 2,7 and 10 have me stuymped, but I like the list. And I'm glad you explained why we were upside down, because that was going to be my next question. I really like this, I might look out an unneeded cd case and print one of these album art selections onto it, have my own copy.
Thanks. :) The font is HelvelticaRounded LT Bold, I'm not sure if it's the 100% pukka font, but it's damn close.

For everyone here is a full breakdown of the songs:

1. Well duh, we all know this.
2. No song reference, just SJF's Sontaran lady.
3. Play on words, 'Rabe' instead of 'Rave'
4. We don't talk about this anymore.
5. Spin on an Oasis song called 'Bonehead's Bank Holiday'
6. Bananarama and Jon Pertwee, a match made in heaven.
7. Again no song, just another forum meme. Sea Devil masseuses ftw.
8. I am the Walrus.
9. We all know this one, it's a forum legend now.
10. 'I Wanna be Adored' by The Stone Roses.

I hope everyone appreciated the extra effort I put into the legal & barcode area, I enjoyed doing that.

And regarding printing, I can make a version with the thin little side bits for the CD if you want, won't take me 5 seconds. I can also do a reverse inlay if you want, really classy.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:43 am

I've been a bit cheeky and made a little tweak to the font, hope you don't mind. :D

Just thought that font was so close to the doctor who one, why not just use the doctor who one.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:20 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:43 am
I've been a bit cheeky and made a little tweak to the font, hope you don't mind. :D

Just thought that font was so close to the doctor who one, why not just use the doctor who one.
Not at all, if I'd known what the proper font was I'd have used it anyway, so please do tell me what it is.

I think Clayton Hickman did a tweet ages ago showing what all the fonts were, I should've noted them down. :lol:

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:05 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:20 pm
Deborah J wrote:

Not at all, if I'd known what the proper font was I'd have used it anyway, so please do tell me what it is.

I think Clayton Hickman did a tweet ages ago showing what all the fonts were, I should've noted them down. :lol:
It’s his pinned tweet. Don’t ask me how I remember that...
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:30 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:20 pm
Deborah J wrote:

It's called Formula One. I have the Hartnell font, the Pertwee font, the late Pertwee early Tom font, the main Tom font, the late Tom/Davison/Colin font, the McCoy font... I think that's all the who ones I have, plus the one for the dvd titles of course. Got to get those fonts in. I needed Jodie's font for a project earlier this year, but it's not one you can get for free, I had to type what I wanted into the sample thing, screenshot it, and then use that, with some colours and textures added.