The race to customize Jodie

Moderator: CaptainJimiPie

EmeraldThorn

Re: The race to customize Jodie

Postby EmeraldThorn » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:32 am

Doctor What wrote:
EmeraldThorn wrote:To my eye the proportions still seem the same as 9/10's tardises, just new lantern, more classic sized top signs and colour scheme. The colour scheme reminds me of the 4th Doctor's flat roof tardis.

I think it looks the same general shape as the new series boxes, maybe a bit thinner, but the angle is terrible.

That's what I am thinking, basically 9/10's with more classic top signs, 4's colour scheme, looks like the white window frames were kept aswell. But we won't know til we see a pic of her standing in the doorway. As for her costume I like it as it kind of looks like if you took 4's grey coat and 6's outfit and gave them a modern update. The way the hood sits kind of reminds me of the original Timelord robes from the War Games. I can see a bit of 5 in it aswell now someone else mentioned it. Overall I like it as it seems more alien and kind of fits my personal dress style(So I may be biased).
Last edited by EmeraldThorn on Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skifflebits

Postby skifflebits » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:49 pm

I saw a rather nice custom floating around the internets. (Still trying to track down the source.)

Sadly for me, it used a Primeval Abby, which are damn near impossible to find in the US.

I gotta think of a suitable replacement, or find some retailer here in the states who's still got some Primeval figures on their shelves.

Hmm. What figure has usable pants besides Abby?

EmeraldThorn

Postby EmeraldThorn » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:42 pm

The lower torso/leg area looks like a Martha or Series 2 Rose to me, upper torso aswell. Ten's coat modded and Sarah Jane coat arms. Boots could be world traveling Martha but not sure.

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:13 pm

EmeraldThorn wrote:The lower torso/leg area looks like a Martha or Series 2 Rose to me, upper torso aswell. Ten's coat modded and Sarah Jane coat arms. Boots could be world traveling Martha but not sure.

Nah, it is the Primeval Abby Figure, you can tell if you compare it with the picture I posted earlier in the thread. It’s Abby’s legs, Tosh’s arms, Ten’s jacket, Helen Cutter’s head, Series 2 Rose’s hair and presumably either Tosh or Abby’s body.
Member since July 2013

Fredfez

Postby Fredfez » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:36 am

skifflebits wrote:I saw a rather nice custom floating around the internets. (Still trying to track down the source.)

Sadly for me, it used a Primeval Abby, which are damn near impossible to find in the US.

I gotta think of a suitable replacement, or find some retailer here in the states who's still got some Primeval figures on their shelves.

That's the custom made by 'customwho' on instergram

Fredfez

Postby Fredfez » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:43 am

I saw someone used a Silurian for the legs and torso if that helps.

skifflebits

Postby skifflebits » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:29 pm

Fredfez wrote:

I saw someone used a Silurian for the legs and torso if that helps.

Wow. That' hadn't occurred to me, but it's a great idea.

joe38658

Postby joe38658 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:06 pm

The coat is actually a very light blue. Id say the colour is close to the colour of Parma Violets.
i dont know what to put here

skifflebits

Postby skifflebits » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:08 pm

Really? The coat looks rather beige to my eyes. At least in that photo.

EmeraldThorn

Postby EmeraldThorn » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:26 pm

Definitely looks light to mid grey to me with brown undertones perhaps caused by the lighting.

Return to “Customs”