Second/Third Doctor TARDIS (Various Episodes) - COMPLETED

Moderator: CaptainJimiPie

CaptainJimiPie

Second/Third Doctor TARDIS (Various Episodes) - COMPLETED

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:20 pm

Just realised today that I forgot to post this so thought I should do it now!

As some of you may know I have a long line up of TARDIS's, originally I wanted one for each Doctor however given how the props for some such as the Second/Third and Sixth/Seventh Doctors overlapped I decided that I could just as well have some that acted for multiple Doctors.
A while back I modified and repainted a TARDIS to resemble the Third Doctor TARDIS it appeared in The Three Doctors.
ThirdTARDIS4.jpg
ThirdTARDIS4.jpg (114.94 KiB) Viewed 756 times

Whilst I was pleased with it at the time the more I looked at it recently the more I felt the colour was wrong and I could have made a far better job on the roof...so that's what I've done!

ThirdTARDIS1.jpg
ThirdTARDIS1.jpg (109.48 KiB) Viewed 756 times

This particular TARDIS isn't really based on any particular story but I mainly based it off Carnival Of Monsters, I'm much happier with the blue colour now compared to the much lighter blue it was before

ThirdTARDIS2.jpg
ThirdTARDIS2.jpg (108.09 KiB) Viewed 756 times

The roof is just made from thin card which has been layered up and then at the very top found "triangle" pieces have been raised in the centre end to give it a slope with the edge just finished off with plain paper, and the lamp regaled into place, although I may update the lamp in future to a single tube like lamp.

ThirdTARDIS3.jpg
ThirdTARDIS3.jpg (134.4 KiB) Viewed 756 times

I also reprinted the signs both on the door and over it. To get the full panel sign I just used milliput to fill in where the usual sign would be, smooth it off and print of a sign big enough to cover the whole panel.

It still has a few rough edges, and due to the mechanisms in base that is still the wrong size but it's looking far better than my original version and even if I say so myself it's projects like this that really show how much skills improve over time!

Custom Figure Showcase :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ48uKcfXdE

speckleness

Re: Second/Third Doctor TARDIS (Various Episodes) - COMPLETED

Postby speckleness » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:30 pm

That is so much better and cleaner than the earlier one.

CaptainJimiPie

Re: Second/Third Doctor TARDIS (Various Episodes) - COMPLETED

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:18 pm

speckleness wrote:That is so much better and cleaner than the earlier one.

Thanks and agreed, as I said I was happy with the first one originally but as my skills got better then why not try and improve it :)

Return to “Customs”