Bluehinter's Free 3-D printable 5" scale figures & vehicles (Got a printer? Print your own customs!)

Moderator: CaptainJimiPie

bluehinter

Re: Bluehinter's Free 3-D printable 5" scale figures & vehicles (Got a printer? Print your own customs!)

Postby bluehinter » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:14 am

Ready for test printing:

022 - Kroton
Status: Test printing now. May need additional fine tuning.
3-D Printer template: https://www.tinkercad.com/things/judigc4PsVy
I've wanted a Kroton for a long time, but held off until I had the skills to do it justice. There aren't many points of articulation on this figure, but the head spins, the arms retract, and it can lean forward... a little bit. So pretty close to the full range of movement available on the original costumes.

skifflebits

Re: Bluehinter's Free 3-D printable 5" scale figures & vehicles (Got a printer? Print your own customs!)

Postby skifflebits » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:18 pm

Nice! I'm looking forward to seeing Mr. Kroton printed out in the proverbial flesh.
Life's too short to engage with chuckleheads.

bluehinter

Postby bluehinter » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:50 am

It's been several months since I did a Choose the Next Figure poll, so I've put one up on the project's facebook page. (If you want to vote, please vote there rather than voicing your opinions here in the comments, since I won't be able to count write-ins.)

For figure #23, I want to try an experiment with 3D photo-mapping in ReCap Photo to see whether "scanning" the head section of an Eaglemoss figurine will provide sufficient starting detail to create a figure that would normally be outside of my ability to sculpt solely in TinkerCAD/Meshmixer.

The three choices below have complicated heads, but relatively simple bodies, which makes them ideal test candidates. I also happen to already own the figurines. There's no guarantee this experiment will actually work, so don't feel too put out if I have to abandon it, or I decide that your choice wasn't feasible, but one of the others is.

So... Who will be next?

Return to “Customs”