War Doctor TARDIS - Interior and Exterior

Moderator: CaptainJimiPie

Doctor What

Re: War Doctor TARDIS - Interior and Exterior

Postby Doctor What » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:33 pm

Well progress is still slow, but i'm working at it. Hoping to have some rough wall designs in the next few days. I'm also working on creating a new design for the screen, based off the small view we get of it in the 50th.

skifflebits

Postby skifflebits » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:28 pm

Very impressive so far!
Life's too short to engage with chuckleheads.

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:14 am

Sadly i've not worked on this much due to a lack of free time over the past month or so. However, I'll still keep working on it in small amounts and hopefully get it done.

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:45 pm

Partly inspired by Some Clever Reference's thread on his version, and since I had some time today, I've done some work on this.

I finished the lights and interior card and re-assembled the box. I still need to sort out the paintwork and fix the holes where the light comes through (the ones above the door are caused by the doors sitting too low since I sanded the tiles out of the floor).

Strangely the light looks a bit green on camera, it's a nice warm white in real life.

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:20 pm

Here's an update on the console. I've painted the underside piece completely black since it was transparent green. I've also repainted many of the console buttons.

I've also re-wired the lights in the console. I simply removed the old green ones and soldered some new warm white ones (the same used in the police box) in their place.The only thing preventing me from putting the console back together now is finding a suitable brown shade for the coral.

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:07 pm

It's been a while, but i've now started working on this project again.

I had some stone-textured paint so I decided to paint the coral pieces with it, which I think turned out ok, although it might not be the most effective way to do it. Just need to find the right shade of brown now.

I've also been working on the roundel walls. I've used some plans from the TARDIS builders forum (great place with many useful plans and images). I modified the measurements to 1/13th scale (seemingly the scale of the 5.5 inch range) and i'm planning to cut the design from MDF, using a hole cutter drill attachment to make the roundel holes. Once that's done, the wall will be painted and the clear backing of the roundels will be added. An issue i've encoutnered is that the TARDIS playset parts are not quite to scale with everything else, and as such the room will have to look different. Specifically, the roundel walls won't be long enough, so i'm planning to create some corner pieces which will fill out the walls. Bit annoying and less accurate, but its the only way I can find to do it without creating innaccurate, oversized roundel walls.

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:51 pm

The console and roundels have been painted and re-assembled. I think that the brown colour might be a bit too dark and might require more of a lighter wash, but i'll reserve judgement for when i've got the full lighting sorted out. Still a few bits to tidy up on the console, and I've still got to add the monitor and mirror, but overall it's coming along well!

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:37 am

The stone effect on the coral butresses looks really good!

TW.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

Ben C.

Postby Ben C. » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:32 pm

Fantastic work - looks great!

KMCUSTOMS

Postby KMCUSTOMS » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:26 pm

Looking great so far! I'm actually making the same diorama and am also planning on making the walls from mdf. Could you please share the link to the wall plans? Thanks!

Return to “Customs”