I could have sworn I posted it here already, but I guess I must have accidentally closed the tab before posting and forgot or something. I've had my Newbury TARDIS bone for about 2 weeks now, and I've been printing a slightly improved version before putting the file up.
As you can see, the 2 windows that came out are super noticeable, so I've redone the design this time around so that it doesn't require any supports on the wall pieces, which should help. I'll be putting the file up as soon as I've tested it.
Now, you are almost certainly not wondering why I haven't done it already, since I've had 2 weeks to print it. Well, my printer self-destructed, and the whole bed was just not getting level. It took 2 weeks of releveling and hairsprays and glue sticks and every type of adhesive I could buy, but I've finally gotten it working again just now. I should have it done within a week, and then I'll be putting the files up. I know Bluehinter already beat me to it, and while his design is great (infinitely better than CO will ever release, since I doubt they'll ever do another new classic TARDIS sculpt) it's not quite
perfect. The blueprints I used were from Tony Ferrell, who puts tons of effort into researching the TARDISes and measuring them pixel-by-pixel to recreate the plans for them, and I trust his plans to be 100% accurate to the original prop.
Speaking of Tony Farrell. he just put up his Sharp (aka 3rd Doctor's) console blueprints the other day, and I've dropped everything to work on that. So far it's not much, just the console and the main control elements that I've yet to put on the console itself:
I think I can make the panels under the console removable to reveal circuitry behind them, which will be a cool feature. I have no idea how properly light the Time Rotor though. It had 3 tubes, each filled with 2 large lights inside, and there's really no way I can recreate that. Especially not if I can motorize it, since they'd get tangled in the mechanism. The Time Rotor is further complicated by the fact that it's so insanely complex, with a ton of pieces of tranparent perspex in different colors, none of which would be printable, even on a resin printer. It'll have to super simplified, and it'll end up looking identical to the Tom Baker-era time rotor in the end.
Once I get the Sharp console completely finished, I'll have even more work, since it was used all the way up to season 19 and changed practically every episode. The panels had parts added on/taken away frequently, and the panels themselves moved around every single time the console was reassembled. I'm thinking I could make it so the panels are separate from the body of the console (like the prop was built) and easily swappable, but I don't think I can run the lights through then, and motorizing it would be even harder.
And speaking of motorized consoles, I finally managed to properly export the Brachaki console top. Which means the list of things I need to test print has now grown even longer:
Newbury TARDIS V2
TYJ TARDIS (1983-1989)
4 different variations of the Brachaki Altered TARDIS
TVM TARDIS (needs redoing, comparing my plans to the real thing, the panels are way too far apart)
Most of the Barchaki console room, save for the 3 big walls and 1 batch of roundels
3 Doctors/Planet of the Daleks console room (need to split it up to print first though)
Finders crossed that my printer continues to function properly and I don't get stuck leveling it 500 times again.