Anthony Ainley Master (Various Episodes)

Moderator: CaptainJimiPie

CaptainJimiPie

Anthony Ainley Master (Various Episodes)

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Fri May 25, 2018 4:52 pm

UPDATE : Rather than post individual threads for each Ainley custom I'm doing in future it was just easier to update this thread to post them all in

Recently I decided to update my Anthony Ainley Master.
IMG_8656.JPG
IMG_8656.JPG (42.64 KiB) Viewed 1043 times

IMG_8657.JPG
IMG_8657.JPG (37.87 KiB) Viewed 1043 times

Previously all I had done was use a Delgado Master body with trimmed down front tunic and added "tails"

With this newer one it's the same base model but this time I have resculpted the tails and collar using Milliput, but this time I have also added sculpted buttons and smoothed off the front of the tunic jacket, and also added the larger cuffs to the shoulders.

Weirdly just adding the cuffs to the shoulders is really what makes it stand out more and look different!
And for those wondering his TCE is made from a Delgado TCE but with an Eleventh Doctor sonic tip glued onto it

Custom Figure Showcase :
https://youtu.be/kE_R0_abJLU

CaptainJimiPie

Anthony Ainley Master (Survival)

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:27 pm

Since casting my own Ainley heads I’ve made some more customs, the first of which is Ainley as he appeared in Survival
Ainley.jpg
Ainley.jpg (192.2 KiB) Viewed 439 times

Figure Breakdown :
Head - Cast Ainley (picture shown above is
Body - Saxon Master with additional sculpts
Additions - Delgado Gloves, Third Doctor Bowtie

The paint job I did on the face isn’t perfect but overall I’m pretty pleased with it, originally I did think about using the base Ainley figure as with the exception of the jacket it’s the same base figure as the Saxon one but as the Saxon Masters are both cheap and easy to buy I thought it better to save the Ainley body.

Custom Figure Showcase :
https://youtu.be/8s9lmtwpC6Q

Deborah J

Re: Anthony Ainley Master (Various Episodes) - COMPLETED

Postby Deborah J » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:14 pm

You've done a really good job on those, particularly the velvet outfit one. I saw a custom of him once, I don't remember where, and he looked weirdly hench, like he'd hit the gym forva couple of weeks before facing the doctor so he could just beat the bejeepers out of him instead of pulling a sneaky on him like he usually does. This one seems about right proportionally.

CaptainJimiPie

Re: Anthony Ainley Master (Survival)

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:08 pm

Deborah J wrote:You've done a really good job on those, particularly the velvet outfit one. I saw a custom of him once, I don't remember where, and he looked weirdly hench, like he'd hit the gym forva couple of weeks before facing the doctor so he could just beat the bejeepers out of him instead of pulling a sneaky on him like he usually does. This one seems about right proportionally.

Thanks, as I said in the video it's the same figure base as the standard Ainley figure anyway so generally the proportions should be the same

Return to “Customs”