Five Rounds Rapid - A Lethbridge Stewart Custom Series

Moderator: CaptainJimiPie

CaptainJimiPie

Five Rounds Rapid - A Lethbridge Stewart Custom Series

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:35 pm

Some of you may remember seeing this advertised on my channel a while back but only now have gotten round to posting these figures!

First up we have Colonel Lethbridge-Stewart from the Web Of Fear
970C1627-3147-4720-A4BA-2CC6A4F52DAC.jpeg
970C1627-3147-4720-A4BA-2CC6A4F52DAC.jpeg (54.5 KiB) Viewed 1138 times

Overall this is a Series 1 Captain Jack body but the lower part of the tunic is made from paper with a Primeval Nick Cutter set of pockets added and a newly sculpted shirt and tie.

The pouch is from a Primeval Helen Cutter Figure and the gun holster is from the same Brig figure I got the head from, which incidentally is a capped head on which the cap has been removed and a few hat sculpted on.

Lastly the shoes are from a clockwork Android with added sculpted ankle cuffs!

Custom Figure Showcase :
https://youtu.be/dTBuePD6JLI

CaptainJimiPie

Five Rounds Rapid - Brigadier Lethbridge Stewart (Spearhead From Space)

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:38 pm

Next we have a recently familiar sight to many but my own version! The Brigadier as he appeared in Spearhead from Space
0321023A-1A1C-4C78-ABE0-806BAD3C6C17.jpeg
0321023A-1A1C-4C78-ABE0-806BAD3C6C17.jpeg (51.21 KiB) Viewed 1135 times

Like the official figure I have used a series 1 Captain Jack as a base but for mine I have sculpted on a shirt and tie, as well as the braid, medals, and a new belt buckle.
Again the pouch and holster are from a Helen Cutter and Brig figures respectively, and lastly on his left arm I have added the oval UNIT patch!

Custom Figure Showcase :
https://youtu.be/2Fq_gmC3kZ4

Deborah J

Re: Five Rounds Rapid - A Lethbridge Stewart Custom Series

Postby Deborah J » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:07 pm

Some nice work on both of those, having the right type of tie makes quite a difference to how the cream jumpsuit brigadier looks.

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:04 am

Deborah J wrote:Some nice work on both of those, having the right type of tie makes quite a difference to how the cream jumpsuit brigadier looks.

Thanks and it really does make all the difference, it's a shame they didn't add it to their sculpt just for the sake of spending a bit more in a new sculpt

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:56 am

CaptainJimiPie wrote:
Deborah J wrote:Some nice work on both of those, having the right type of tie makes quite a difference to how the cream jumpsuit brigadier looks.

Thanks and it really does make all the difference, it's a shame they didn't add it to their sculpt just for the sake of spending a bit more in a new sculpt

It would have been nice for sure, but I guess it would have just been a bit too expensive, like with the tom baker tie piece therr is an inside space to stick it into, I feel like on that jack body they'd need to cut it down first. I dont really know though.

CaptainJimiPie

Five Rounds Rapid - Brigadier Lethbridge Stewart (Day Of The Doctor)

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:41 pm

A nice simple variant this time! A Hatless version of the Brig from Day Of The Daleks
1BBA7573-FAF1-403F-ABF4-0F7AE57F22FE.jpeg
1BBA7573-FAF1-403F-ABF4-0F7AE57F22FE.jpeg (61.06 KiB) Viewed 1000 times

Pretty much all I’ve done here is remove the cap and reaculpt the head, and also given him gloveless hands too.

Someone told me that the head on the new B&M Brig is actually a new sculpt made to fit into the Captain Jack body properly, so it makes me wonder if they made a new hatless sculpt this could possibly another idea for a great Brigadier variant release in future!

Perhaps if future B&M sets saw Daleks re-released then we could have a Day Of The Daleks Set featuring this Brig, a new cloaked Third Doctor variant and also a more accurate Gold Dalek...it’s unlikely but it would be nice!

Custom Figure Showcase :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bjo6PGxaWg

Deborah J

Re: Five Rounds Rapid - Brigadier Lethbridge Stewart (Day Of The Doctor)

Postby Deborah J » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:10 am

CaptainJimiPie wrote:A nice simple variant this time! A Hatless version of the Brig from Day Of The Daleks
1BBA7573-FAF1-403F-ABF4-0F7AE57F22FE.jpeg
Pretty much all I’ve done here is remove the cap and reaculpt the head, and also given him gloveless hands too.

Someone told me that the head on the new B&M Brig is actually a new sculpt made to fit into the Captain Jack body properly, so it makes me wonder if they made a new hatless sculpt this could possibly another idea for a great Brigadier variant release in future!

Perhaps if future B&M sets saw Daleks re-released then we could have a Day Of The Daleks Set featuring this Brig, a new cloaked Third Doctor variant and also a more accurate Gold Dalek...it’s unlikely but it would be nice!

Custom Figure Showcase :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bjo6PGxaWg

That's very nice, his hair looks a little thickly piled on top of his head, I kind of imagine his hair a little more slicked down, but that's just me, it's very good still. I doubt the head on the B&M one could be a different head, though, it looks the same as far as I can tell, and I don't think B&M's budget would stretch to a new headsculpt, especially when it just looks the same as the existing one, kind of defeats the purpose of recycling the parts, doesn't it?

CaptainJimiPie

Re: Five Rounds Rapid - Brigadier Lethbridge Stewart (Day Of The Doctor)

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:22 pm

Deborah J wrote:That's very nice, his hair looks a little thickly piled on top of his head, I kind of imagine his hair a little more slicked down, but that's just me, it's very good still. I doubt the head on the B&M one could be a different head, though, it looks the same as far as I can tell, and I don't think B&M's budget would stretch to a new headsculpt, especially when it just looks the same as the existing one, kind of defeats the purpose of recycling the parts, doesn't it?

Thanks the hair does look a little thick in that front angle but when you see it from the side then it does fit and look more to scale as his head does slope back somewhat.
As far as the B&M being a different head as I said others have told me it is, and whilst I don't have one it makes sense to me that it is as the Captain Jack figure has a hole in the neck rather than a peg to place a head on, so as far as I can see it the new Brig head is variation sculpted with a peg so it fits into the body.
Otherwise they'd have to create a whole new peg piece to fit into the Captain Jack body for the Brig's head to fit onto, if anyone has the Brig figure then try removing the head and see, I'd be interested to know

CaptainJimiPie

Five Rounds Rapid - Sir Alastair Lethbridge Stewart (Enemy Of The Bane)

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:44 pm

And lastly (and finally) for Five Rounds Rapid we have the Brig’s last (or at least as we know him) appearence, from The Sarah Jane Adventures
254BDCFC-59CA-4D13-929F-CC4530843806.jpeg
254BDCFC-59CA-4D13-929F-CC4530843806.jpeg (62.15 KiB) Viewed 705 times

Overall the base figure has been made from a Curator Figure, but with different feet added to give a similar height to the other figures. Then I’ve sculpted on a tie and cardigan, and using the capped head as a base sculpted on a new flat cap and beard

Custom Figure Showcase :
https://youtu.be/JwnvEsGwVD8

Retrospective Review :
https://youtu.be/z0LRUvnnyB0

Return to “Customs”