Beethoven's 5th

Moderator: CaptainJimiPie

Doctor What

Beethoven's 5th

Postby Doctor What » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:51 pm

"Who really composed Beethoven's 5th?"

Between doing bits of War Doctor TARDIS work (i'm slowly getting there!) I decided to look into creating a few accessories for the 12th Doctor era, in anticipation of (hopefully) finding the time and energy to build a console room in the future. I decided to start with something relatively simple - the records that the Doctor keeps around the TARDIS.

I've only found two that have been identified, a Haydn Symphonies one and the main one he shows off, Beethoven's 5th.

There aren't many high quality images of the record, so I decided to make a recreation. It's about 95% correct, some of the letter spacing is slightly different, the font for the top right was guessed and the EMI logo is slightly different, but overall I think i've got it as close as possible. If it's printed out at 1/6th or 5.5 inch scale it should look fine.

Here's my recreation:

And here's an image of the back cover of the record (unless I end up with the actual record I'm not recreating that!)

Yes I realise this was almost entirely pointless since the quality won't really matter at a small scale, but it was fun. I might try and make the SGV800 and the Doctor's amp at some point.

Deborah J

Re: Beethoven's 5th

Postby Deborah J » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:32 pm

That is just so awesome.The work that must have gone into just remaking a cleaner version of the record cover like that, that is so much work to do. Great job. And thanks for posting, there's only been two posts here this entire weekend, I've felt really lonely.

Doctor What

Re: Beethoven's 5th

Postby Doctor What » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:57 pm

Deborah J wrote:That is just so awesome.The work that must have gone into just remaking a cleaner version of the record cover like that, that is so much work to do. Great job. And thanks for posting, there's only been two posts here this entire weekend, I've felt really lonely.

Thanks :D I've been meaning to post more updates on the War Doctor TARDIS stuff i'm doing but i've encountered a couple of problems that have delayed my progress slightly. The series returns next week so hopefully we're in for some active times soon!

Return to “Customs”