What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

TheSparrow

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by TheSparrow » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:42 am

Currently watching the last few episodes of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure part 5. Good stuff, lads.
I STILL DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE. I'VE GIVEN UP AT THIS POINT 👉😎👉

Danoftardis

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by Danoftardis » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:48 pm

I've finally seen 'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald' this weekend. Part of the reason I don't go to the cinema is that we have the 'sky cinema' package, so I just wait for films to come on there. Anyway I enjoyed it, though I thought the first film was better. This one felt more like a bridging film, like it only exists because of the one before and the one after if that makes sense.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:01 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:48 pm
I've finally seen 'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald' this weekend. Part of the reason I don't go to the cinema is that we have the 'sky cinema' package, so I just wait for films to come on there. Anyway I enjoyed it, though I thought the first film was better. This one felt more like a bridging film, like it only exists because of the one before and the one after if that makes sense.
I saw it in he cinema. I know exactly what you mean.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

porcelaingirl

Post by porcelaingirl » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:30 am

Currently reading "The Pyramid Game" by David Petrie. Just started, but if his last book ("Party Hard") is anything to go by (this is a sequel), this should be good.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:04 pm

The man who would be king.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:38 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:48 pm
Yeah, none of those films are very good, really. Grindewald has no second act, it's almost all act one then slam into act three in the last 20 minutes or so.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:04 pm

Quadrophenia. The movie, not the album.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:06 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:04 pm
I've not heard of either of them. Unsurprisingly. :P

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:09 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:06 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
:O

The album is like, 4 hours long. I’ve never listened to all of it. Bits of it are good tho.

porcelaingirl

Post by porcelaingirl » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:21 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:09 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:06 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
:O

The album is like, 4 hours long. I’ve never listened to all of it. Bits of it are good tho.
It's a pretty famous rock opera album (and movie) by The Who. I've not heard anything from it nor seen the movie lol...I should, I'd probably enjoy it.