Deborah J wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:34 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:29 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:24 pm

I'm from the future ;)
Are there cats in sequinned jackets?! I NEED TO KNOW THIS
you need to dream bigger, think Sequins in cat jackets.
Welp
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Avon

Re: Avon's collection

Post by Avon » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:44 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: well to answer,

DalekCheese after I blew the electrics, everything's in the dark :lol: feel more sorry for my two 60's Dalek's so far in the dark you can't even see them

Dan, exactly! Don't own any geese but I've been attacked by Canadian geese, it's the footwork. And definitely re the Pertwee art, how a man can look so swarve eating rock cakes and gugelhupf it's, unnaturally cool

Deborah - Pertwee in the TARDIS is the Time Monster version! Him, Vegetation Davison and 10 kinda blend into a gestalt entity in the photo, while Colin's way back with his gangster hat with extreme disapproval that I haven't dusted the floor in 8 years. I imagine Capaldi's being sarcy at him, 8's just confused. Kinda set them up as greasy dead eyes regret jacketless Tom's messing with the console and spooky 10 appears from the Gallifreyan CD player. But they do go nicely with the set, Ace was the first figure I put in there after making the walls, and she just looked so cool I made the scenario with other odds and ends around.

And are the cat skinned jackets revenge for Clara? As I am the crazy cat man and all round cat whisperer and will defend every last single one of them (Love cats)

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:47 pm

Avon wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:44 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: well to answer,

DalekCheese after I blew the electrics, everything's in the dark :lol: feel more sorry for my two 60's Dalek's so far in the dark you can't even see them

Dan, exactly! Don't own any geese but I've been attacked by Canadian geese, it's the footwork. And definitely re the Pertwee art, how a man can look so swarve eating rock cakes and gugelhupf it's, unnaturally cool

Deborah - Pertwee in the TARDIS is the Time Monster version! Him, Vegetation Davison and 10 kinda blend into a gestalt entity in the photo, while Colin's way back with his gangster hat with extreme disapproval that I haven't dusted the floor in 8 years. I imagine Capaldi's being sarcy at him, 8's just confused. Kinda set them up as greasy dead eyes regret jacketless Tom's messing with the console and spooky 10 appears from the Gallifreyan CD player. But they do go nicely with the set, Ace was the first figure I put in there after making the walls, and she just looked so cool I made the scenario with other odds and ends around.

And are the cat skinned jackets revenge for Clara? As I am the crazy cat man and all round cat whisperer and will defend every last single one of them (Love cats)
The cat jackets are a reference to a TV show called Red Dwarf. If you haven’t watched it, do so as soon as you can. And Pertwee can look that suave because he is Pertwee. The almighty Pertwee. praise Pertwee.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:09 pm

Avon wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:44 pm
You made a Clara-skin jacket? You monster!

Avon

Post by Avon » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:00 pm

Red Dwarf may, in fact, be my favorite tv show so I'm well familiar with the joke :lol: I'm a lot like the Cat, full confession time, my wardrobe likewise spans two timezones.

Clara skinned jacket? What a great idea!! {insert Ainley laugh}. My local comic shop had a clear out and found a boxful of clara's in the basement and my mate literally screamed and threw them aside, which is how I got my original, I was sorely tempted to buy more for spare parts and target practice but alas, we all make mistakes :lol:

I got a Spirdon Dalek!! My first Dalek story and ooooo so delicious 70's like a rusty box of quality streets or a faded VHS recording of Queen on totp's, with that dull gold. I love him, my disco Dalek, he needs a name though...,

Praise be to Pertwee

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:10 pm

Avon wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:00 pm
Red Dwarf may, in fact, be my favorite tv show so I'm well familiar with the joke :lol: I'm a lot like the Cat, full confession time, my wardrobe likewise spans two timezones.

Clara skinned jacket? What a great idea!! {insert Ainley laugh}. My local comic shop had a clear out and found a boxful of clara's in the basement and my mate literally screamed and threw them aside, which is how I got my original, I was sorely tempted to buy more for spare parts and target practice but alas, we all make mistakes :lol:

I got a Spirdon Dalek!! My first Dalek story and ooooo so delicious 70's like a rusty box of quality streets or a faded VHS recording of Queen on totp's, with that dull gold. I love him, my disco Dalek, he needs a name though...,

Praise be to Pertwee
Raymond?

Avon

Post by Avon » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:34 pm

So seeing as everyone's in on this, an update to my collection!

After calls from the royal society for the protection of daleks by Mr Cheese for his fellow comrades, I moved around all my figures and got some more room for my Who stuff, so it's much better visually.

The majority of my Who figures, monsters and aliens on the top, Doctor's companions, and TARDII underneath. No pictures of the UNIT lab today as Batman fell through the window and disturbed everything :lol:

Jodie, Peter, Paul, the Baker's and friends (I did put Bill and 12 in front of Kroton but I thought that was too cruel :lol: )

New 7, and my grail find of a red cloak Pertwee

I shifted my furniture around and found my missing Matt sonic and the psychic paper! I think we all know that feeling. I think Bill and Capaldi are new since I last took photos (note to self, really need to dust the racking as much as the figures...)

Tom's left a housewarming gift for my deep fried Pratt, I thought he looked at home house sitting for Professor Chronotis. Ignore the giant snake

Absolutely beautiful, I never thought I'd own one. Before I hear cries of "army builder scum!" :lol: , I know a great chap who wanted Harry but not the spuds, they had fifteen on the shelf when I got mine, and I gifted Harry so all in all, I don't feel too evil for having an extra couple to rival my shinybois after helping someone out (and no, I'm not sure what Spiderman's doing in the background :lol: )

Missy at last, unless she was in the last update, in which case, here she is again, also my first Osiran service robot and Judoon trooper at last, also got my first VOC in the post.

[chef's kiss] "Excellent!" At last the Silver Nemesis leader and Lt join the party in their high vis helmets. Almost typed french kiss, I think that's Linx's pass time..

Daleks! See? I do look after them ;)

A length ways view, you can spy my TARDIS playset and my Pertwee esque longcoat (easy to go Avon hunting)

This is the "These Doctors are nice but I can't/don't want to fit them in my cabinet because I prefer the others' shelf - as Sparrow put it :lol: They are getting a tad big for the CD collection so lots will be drawn soon.. It took me three years to notice my extra Eccles has two right legs :lol:

No scooby doo face reveal I'm afraid, I'm far too chicken and hideous to out my mush just yet :lol: But you do get my hand, here, with, I completely forget the name but they ended up in B&M after Woolies went, anyone else collected these back in the day? Micro Universe was it..?

I've also got a gaggle of Tennant's roaming free range and my sonics on my desk, and not a figure, but a signed photo up on my wall, nothing special but it's one of the few I have framed so I may show it off someday soon. Also my giant Tennant poster which is horrific to wake up to in the middle of the night :lol:

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:17 pm

Very nice Avon. The Doctor & companion line up is particularly impressive, and I love the pose of Cyber Leader I can hear the EXCELLENT! Shame Batman had to crash into UNIT HQ was looking forward to seeing that. Maybe Bruce Wayne can pay for the repairs?

Shout out to the Star Wars boiz and Harley Quinn figure, I fully approve of these being a fan of both SW and DC.

Avon

Post by Avon » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:44 pm

Thank you Dan! Very kind, its great to start filling in complete eras, left a spot for Mary Tamm as she'll be the last fourth era companion to make soon, and don't worry, your boi Adric will be made too soon ;). He is a really cool figure! Nemesis ones are so much better than I reckoned, great to have a Banks leader though I do want an Earthshock one someday soon. :lol: Oh don't worry, Bruce has been sued by the MOD and repairs have been made, I'll add a few new pictures tomorrow!

Oooo I knew you were a DC fan but I didn't know you liked SW! Massive fan of both, and comics in general, I have a modest selection of DC Multiverse/Universe Classics/Animated and Star Wars Black Series stuff (just the old favs, not sure if you keep up with what they release, but I got the new clone armor Obi based on the Tartakovsky cartoon recently! Very happy) and a heap of Marvel Legends which take up my main shelving unit - but that's currently on hold as too much has come out to keep up with. Fun little thing about Harley, for my 18th, I went out for a meal and the waitress was dressed as her, no one knew who she was except me and as a result, she bought my meal, so I bought the figure as a little thing to remember her by, plus, she's a cool figure :lol:

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:01 am

Yeah I used to be a massive SW fan, but it's diminished since Disney bought the franchise, I just don't like the direction they're taking. So I don't really follow any new developments, just stick to the old novels, games and films. I've got loads of the 3 3/4 inch figures, last count was somewhere over 100 but I've not bought one since 2012 and don't have any of the larger Black Series figures, I wouldn't mind getting a Revan and Jaina though. I need to get more DC figures, I've only got Supergirl and Martian Manhunter. That story surprises me, I thought since Margot became the character everyone recognised her version of the costume? Maybe no one in Birmingham likes DC apart from you. :lol: