B&M doctor who sets.

Avon

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Avon » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:11 pm

I'm not surprised! I only recently realised his coat was a velvety bottle green in the TVM (I hear everyone go oh god no not again with the colours :lol: ). Ahhh, that's why I remember the swimming pool bit! Apart from Glorious Dead I don't have the graphic novels yet, and haven't read the originals in years (And even then, I don't have them all, nor am I sure I still have the ones I did) but regardless, this has both made we want to track down that blue jacketed variant even more and, highlights just how many 8 variants they could make if they put their mind to it - really hope they make his TARDIS next year. Is it ever implied that the green coat he wears in the earlier DWM strips is meant to be the same as the TVM, or, a different one as I always took it to be? (dark green versus a very bright green on the covers at least)

SJF

Post by SJF » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:29 pm

Avon wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:11 pm
I'm not surprised! I only recently realised his coat was a velvety bottle green in the TVM (I hear everyone go oh god no not again with the colours :lol: ). Ahhh, that's why I remember the swimming pool bit! Apart from Glorious Dead I don't have the graphic novels yet, and haven't read the originals in years (And even then, I don't have them all, nor am I sure I still have the ones I did) but regardless, this has both made we want to track down that blue jacketed variant even more and, highlights just how many 8 variants they could make if they put their mind to it - really hope they make his TARDIS next year. Is it ever implied that the green coat he wears in the earlier DWM strips is meant to be the same as the TVM, or, a different one as I always took it to be? (dark green versus a very bright green on the covers at least)
Well in the books, Sam mentions that the Doctor was saying that he got his coat from the actual Wild West or something but she checked the label and it was just the party costume one from the TV movie. Then he loses his coat by throwing it off a cliff in the Banquo Legacy and gets a new one that’s also green to replace it (but it’s described as dull green). I don’t think the comics ever make any kind of reference to it though.

SJF

Post by SJF » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:34 pm

I picked up the Harry set today.

Definitely think that the body is the issue over the head. I had intended to get the Doom Coalition Eight, but there weren’t any so the search continues.

They had the Two Doctors set, which I probably pick up at a later date. Not too concerned about the TARDISes and Dalek Sets (other than Eight) and I’m not planning on getting the Silver Nemesis Set whatsoever.

Who?

Post by Who? » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:47 pm

The new Dalek sets really do look great!
Just a side note, has anyone else noticed that the new War Doctor's joints seem quite loose?

Rackers96

Post by Rackers96 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:47 pm

Who? wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:47 pm
Just a side note, has anyone else noticed that the new War Doctor's joints seem quite loose?
all the joints seem loose this year, my 5th doctor especially, his mucky arm especially feels like its gonna fall off
Former HUU Doctor Who Society President. All Round Who Boffin.
Co-founder Vault Cosplays - https://vaultcosplays.wixsite.com/home

TARDIS23

Post by TARDIS23 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:54 pm

Rackers96 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:47 pm
Who? wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:47 pm
all the joints seem loose this year, my 5th doctor especially, his mucky arm especially feels like its gonna fall off
I’ve got the same with my 8th doctor’s left arm.

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:57 pm

One of the joints in my 5th Doctor is stuck, but the plastic is so soft it feels like I’ll break it if I try to move it. The boil method will probably fix it, but it always sucks when that happens to a figure...

TW.

Rackers96

Post by Rackers96 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:56 am

Is it just me that hates the 5th doctor we got?

I love that police box but my got the figure boils my blood.

I never really do any customing, but first think I did with this one is Rip the coat off and soak it in turps
Former HUU Doctor Who Society President. All Round Who Boffin.
Co-founder Vault Cosplays - https://vaultcosplays.wixsite.com/home

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:49 am

Rackers96 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:56 am
Is it just me that hates the 5th doctor we got?

I love that police box but my got the figure boils my blood.

I never really do any customing, but first think I did with this one is Rip the coat off and soak it in turps
I actually really like the colour his coat and jumper are, they look a lot better than the colour the previous figures of that outfit have been, I'd have preferred a version without the mud, personally, and the tousers aren't as nice with the lesser detail, and the face paint apps are kind of meh, but it's an ok figure, I guess I should have gotten the mudless one when the 13 doctors set was on the go, but that set was too expensive.

Avon

Post by Avon » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:23 am

I love him! Androzani 5 was my last big want as a five variant from one of my favorite episodes, the paint on the lips suck but, the poor chap had been poisoned, beaten up, imprisoned, mock executed, had a run in with a cave monster, had a lovely time with Sharaz, held hostage, multiple times, escaped and burned his hands, crashed a shuttle into the face of a planet, shot at, had sand blasted in his face, very past dead at that point too and I'm sure I'm forgetting something - so I can chalk up the strange lips to one of those things :lol: and he completes the set with Peri and Jek very nicely, too. Plus it leaves the hatted Five to be released sometime soon hopefully with some other characters from his era we want. Of course, who trusts my instincts though? :lol:

If anyone want's a clean one, the 13 Doctors version is on eBay for £10 with £4 postage as a QC cast off from China, so, bit of a roll of the dice but not bad, I'd be tempted to buy one and an old 11 Doctors version for cheap and switch the heads when I have the money.