Re: The "What's Made You FROWN Today?" thread

Post by Deborah J » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:10 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:54 pm
Emperor Omega wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:30 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:25 pm
Actually I have a 98% success record with this technique, it has even worked on the chief of police, he was most shocked to discover I was only a cardboard cut out in the court.
Should we be concerned with why you were in Court? :shock: :P
Not at all, it was a simple misunderstanding between the law and myself about the apparent arson attack on the main offices of notorious publication 'The Daily Vortex'. After the cardboard shenanigans my official DWT Records Ltd. baboon solicitor proved I was actually performing at a concert that night and in no way could be bass guitar wielding arsonist seen briefly at the scene.
Big twist: it was actually your cardboard cutout playing that night - the audience never noticed the difference.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:45 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:10 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Emperor Omega wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:30 pm

Should we be concerned with why you were in Court? :shock: :P
Not at all, it was a simple misunderstanding between the law and myself about the apparent arson attack on the main offices of notorious publication 'The Daily Vortex'. After the cardboard shenanigans my official DWT Records Ltd. baboon solicitor proved I was actually performing at a concert that night and in no way could be bass guitar wielding arsonist seen briefly at the scene.
Big twist: it was actually your cardboard cutout playing that night - the audience never noticed the difference.
Wouldn’t be hard.

Pretty much just counting the hours now. Cancer’s a bastard.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

porcelaingirl

Post by porcelaingirl » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:51 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:45 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Danoftardis wrote:

Wouldn’t be hard.

I've had two uncles this year die of cancer - one rather unexpectedly. It's rough. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I'd spend as much time with her as she's comfortable with. I'm sorry to hear about that. Hopefully, she lived a fulfilling and happy life. *hugs* Just thinking of my uncles is giving me chills. *shivers*

Many blessings to you and your family

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:52 pm

porcelaingirl wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:51 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:45 pm
Deborah J wrote:

Wouldn’t be hard.

I've had two uncles this year die of cancer - one rather unexpectedly. It's rough. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I'd spend as much time with her as she's comfortable with. I'm sorry to hear about that. Hopefully, she lived a fulfilling and happy life. *hugs* Just thinking of my uncles is giving me chills. *shivers*

Many blessings to you and your family
Thanks. She lives a fair way away, so this’ll probably be the last time I see her. At least it’s been quick- just a couple of weeks, as opposed to months or years like some people get.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

porcelaingirl

Post by porcelaingirl » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:03 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:52 pm

Thanks. She lives a fair way away, so this’ll probably be the last time I see her. At least it’s been quick- just a couple of weeks, as opposed to months or years like some people get.
It's nice to have a solid goodbye for closure, and such. And she'll be in a much better place when she's gone, not having to worry about Boris Johnson and Brexit and all that. She'll be at peace and no longer in pain. :)

*hugs & blessings*

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:09 pm

porcelaingirl wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:03 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:52 pm

It's nice to have a solid goodbye for closure, and such. And she'll be in a much better place when she's gone, not having to worry about Boris Johnson and Brexit and all that. She'll be at peace and no longer in pain. :)

*hugs & blessings*
It is, and hopefully she shall.

And yes, not having to think about Bozzer would be a blessing :lol:

porcelaingirl

Post by porcelaingirl » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:10 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:09 pm
And yes, not having to think about Bozzer would be a blessing :lol:
A true blessing for us all, really. :)

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:53 am

I had to get up at 3 this morning, I did not enjoy that. I feel rough and I look rougher.

porcelaingirl

Post by porcelaingirl » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:36 am

Deborah J wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:53 am
I had to get up at 3 this morning, I did not enjoy that. I feel rough and I look rougher.
Welcome to the dark side of the morning. *shivers* And Summer Time on clocks is going away soon, too. *shivers more*

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:15 am

porcelaingirl wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:36 am
Deborah J wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:53 am
Welcome to the dark side of the morning. *shivers* And Summer Time on clocks is going away soon, too. *shivers more*
I suppose 3am in bst is 4am in gmt, though, that seems a touch less desperate in its earliness.