B&M doctor who sets.

skifflebits

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by skifflebits » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:00 am

BilliePiperFan wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:11 pm
Fur coat Second Doctor and Yeti?
Errr... Don't get your hopes up on that. Al has said that B&M are doing repaints only. No new molds.
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:01 am

I wonder if the War Doctor will be younger? Like, painted with less gray in his hair?

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:53 am

So I was thinking, with what to expect:

Things we know or were told won't happen:
*Brand new molds
*Existing sculpts/prototypes being released

Things we've seen the last couple years though:
*Parts being swapped for "new figures"
*Head swaps for "new figures"
*New inserts/vinyl parts to allow "new figures".

So, with that, things that could be done that have been suggested today:
*"Two Doctors" Sontaran (head swap, repaint, vinyl wrap swap/tweak)
*"Invasion of Time" Trooper Sontaran (Repaint/wrap tweaks)
*"New Adventures" Seventh Doctor (Repaint, new insert)
*Jacketless "Two Doctors" Six (Head/body swap, tweaks to wrap depending on body used, repaint)
*"Two Doctors" Peri (Repaint)
*"Survival" Ainley Master (New suit wrap, repaint - I'd prefer "Traken", but this is just more realistic)
*"Greatest Show" Ace (repaint) or even "Battlefield" Ace (Parts swap, repaint)
*Almost every 4th Doctor Season 15-18 (Repaints, coat swaps, scarf swaps/repaint)
*Numerous Fifth Doctor Variants (Slight costume Variants with repaint, Hatted head or longer haired head, but even Jacketless with body/wrap swaps.)
*Even Dalek variants beyond repaints - arm swaps or even variants using existing figures. (For example, anything using the "Progenitor" Dalek and arm extensions from guard, assault, or Crucible Dalek.)

And that's on top of welcome straight reissues. ("Two Doctors" Second Doctor, "Revenge" Cyberman, NOTD Eight, Styre, etc.)

It's pretty promising, even without anything entirely "new".
Last edited by Spannerintheworks on Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:57 am

skifflebits wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:01 am
I wonder if the War Doctor will be younger? Like, painted with less gray in his hair?
Straight reissue or "worn" repaint and give him a Staser rifle, I'll be happy. But really, with that face sculpt I think less gray in the hair is the only "youth" you could give the existing figure.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:13 am

That's all the youth I'd need!!!

CharlieTheWhovian
Location: I could tell you but then I'd probably have to kill you... ;)

Post by CharlieTheWhovian » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:40 am

I have it on good authority the image of the 'New' 8th doctor and Dalek Prime Time War set image is going to be released by Big finish early ... BTW they dont have it yet so don't go asking (its on my desk) but keep watching Twitter and i think you'll be rewarded soon ...
Big Finish are likely to make a press announcement themselves PLUS .. they are getting an EXTREMELY limited number of exclusive pieces which vary just a teeny bit from the B&M sets .. so if you want a 1/150 rare as hens teeth set they will have those themselves slightly later than the B&M sets and i dont know any other details than that ... so id watch for their announcement.
Latest from Al on GB.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:42 am

I didn't really think when I read the initial announcement that "sets based on the adventures of x,y,zth doctors" doesn't necessarily mean the sets will contain x, y or zth doctors, possibly just stuff that they have encountered, so a "the two doctors" set is maybe not the certainty I first thought. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:46 am

Do we have any idea of stock and distribution levels for these sets this time round, I'd hate for it to turn out like last year when everyone seemed to be hunting for the sets and struggled to find them, some like me not getting them at all. Made me miss the days of Forbidden Planet where I knew if I'd pre-order the set it would probably turn up, even if there were hiccups along the way.

Slitheen97

Post by Slitheen97 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:58 am

Danoftardis wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:46 am
Do we have any idea of stock and distribution levels for these sets this time round, I'd hate for it to turn out like last year when everyone seemed to be hunting for the sets and struggled to find them, some like me not getting them at all. Made me miss the days of Forbidden Planet where I knew if I'd pre-order the set it would probably turn up, even if there were hiccups along the way.
Apparently a lot better this time :)
"We're all stories in the end... Lets make sure it's a good one!"

https://www.youtube.com/user/MadManFilmsStudio

Koth2

Post by Koth2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:34 pm

looking at Peri from the Caves of Androzani I think she could be made easily into The Two Doctors outfit.