Post by skifflebits »

Oh well, that's a shame...

3DPrintingDoctorWho

Re: Miscellaneous non-figure Doctor Who toys

Post by 3DPrintingDoctorWho »

skifflebits wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:12 pm
HEY EAGLEMOSS COLLECTORS!

How much out of scale are the Eaglemoss figures with the CO figures?

I ask because I have a feeling Eaglemoss will be the only way we'll ever get a "Resolution" Dalek, and I'm wondering how off it will look if I display it with my CO figures.
This Nick Vallier guy created an amazingly detailed 3D model in Maya (though he's only released it in still and video format). I've contacted him to see if he's willing to share it. I would definitely be willing to convert it into something 3D printable for my site: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/6aOlOO

It would have to be a resin-only print, and even then I'd have to "fatten up" the blaster, plunger, and eyestalk) but it'd only take me an hour or two to convert this into a fully articulated toy.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Just to keep this from deletion due to inactivity :)

CharlieTheWhovian
Location: I could tell you but then I'd probably have to kill you... ;)

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

Question to anyone who has an eaglemoss emperor Dalek from the s1 finale - is there only one right way of slotting the column in? I can only ever get two arms into the supports before one pops out trying to put the last one in because I don't think they perfectly line up...

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Have we had this one yet? GW game from the mid-80s.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Wait-- I think I had that game! IIRC, it was not fun to play in the least.

3DPrintingDoctorWho

Post by 3DPrintingDoctorWho »

Finally managed to lay my hands on a copy of the 1975 War of the Daleks board game from Denys Fisher.
The box is not in the best of conditions, but it comes with all the original pieces (which are quite small, and often got lost/damaged during play), and a functional rotating "Control Center" mechanism that moves the Dalek pieces around the board to "capture" players. All in all, a pretty rare find.

I've now got 3 of the 5 classic series board games in my possession. (Or will do, once it ships)
I'm only missing the ultra-rare 1964 "Dodge the Daleks" and 1965 "Dalek Oracle" games, which typically go for £200 - £400 at auction when one shows up.... so I think I'll probably stop here. :?