Avon's collection

SJF

Re: Avon's collection

Post by SJF »

I always regretted not getting the Black Series Ahsoka Figure.

Avon

Post by Avon »

I can relate regarding Disney..., to be honest, much like the JJ Star Trek films, and much like you said, I just didn't like the direction they went, I still watch them, got nothing against Rey, Poe, Finn etc, cool characters etc just..., feels very tired and predictable, I don't get the same feeling as I did, but I guess, its another generations time and well, I loved the prequels as a kid, what do I know? :lol:
I also grew up on the EU and..., I knew it'd be overwritten but felt bits and bobs had been ripped off in the new films anyway and if they did that, why not just, use Jaina, Mara and co? I did love Rebels, though. I know right? :lol: I couldn't believe it, no one in Birmingham obviously has any taste.

Blimey! I had a few of the 3.5 inchers, maybe 20, no idea where they are (I'd love to display them), never that many though! Six inch wise I have: Revan, Mace, Jango, Rex, both Clone armor and RotS Obi Wan, RotS Anakin, Kanan, Hera, Sabine, New Hope Vader, Empire Han, and Jaina, Love to own a proper Kanan (mines missing his accessories), Thrawn, Tarkin, Palps, Ezra, Chopper, Wolfe, Chewy, Leia, and Jedi Luke someday, I bought a ton more, many doubles for Blake's 7 characters, and definitely, I missed Ashoka and deeply regret it.. Really, really hoping Dooku's next year...

I'd highly recommend Jaina, they mashed Carrie's and Harrison's faces together and it's scary! She's got Leia's eyes but Han's smurk, it's funny to look at, the flight harness comes off too for her black jumpsuit look, plus you can hang her saber off her belt, and holster her gun, and the X Wing helmet fits perfectly, probably my favorite I own.

So a quick two pictures, here's my signed picture and an incredibly blury picture at that, which I can now say is to celebrate the return of Ace for three minutes yesterday!!!

And it's (almost) the same picture in the trailer!

And a new picture of my UNIT lab, nothing really new, but it is a part of the collection
Wash day tomorrow for the Brig hence the old uniform :lol:

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Avon wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:13 am
I can relate regarding Disney..., to be honest, much like the JJ Star Trek films, and much like you said, I just didn't like the direction they went, I still watch them, got nothing against Rey, Poe, Finn etc, cool characters etc just..., feels very tired and predictable, I don't get the same feeling as I did, but I guess, its another generations time and well, I loved the prequels as a kid, what do I know? :lol:
I also grew up on the EU and..., I knew it'd be overwritten but felt bits and bobs had been ripped off in the new films anyway and if they did that, why not just, use Jaina, Mara and co? I did love Rebels, though. I know right? :lol: I couldn't believe it, no one in Birmingham obviously has any taste.

Blimey! I had a few of the 3.5 inchers, maybe 20, no idea where they are (I'd love to display them), never that many though! Six inch wise I have: Revan, Mace, Jango, Rex, both Clone armor and RotS Obi Wan, RotS Anakin, Kanan, Hera, Sabine, New Hope Vader, Empire Han, and Jaina, Love to own a proper Kanan (mines missing his accessories), Thrawn, Tarkin, Palps, Ezra, Chopper, Wolfe, Chewy, Leia, and Jedi Luke someday, I bought a ton more, many doubles for Blake's 7 characters, and definitely, I missed Ashoka and deeply regret it.. Really, really hoping Dooku's next year...

I'd highly recommend Jaina, they mashed Carrie's and Harrison's faces together and it's scary! She's got Leia's eyes but Han's smurk, it's funny to look at, the flight harness comes off too for her black jumpsuit look, plus you can hang her saber off her belt, and holster her gun, and the X Wing helmet fits perfectly, probably my favorite I own.

So a quick two pictures, here's my signed picture and an incredibly blury picture at that, which I can now say is to celebrate the return of Ace for three minutes yesterday!!!

And it's (almost) the same picture in the trailer!

And a new picture of my UNIT lab, nothing really new, but it is a part of the collection
Wash day tomorrow for the Brig hence the old uniform :lol:
The sequels aren’t bad, but the OT’s better (imho). I do very much like the anthologies, really capture the feeling of the OT.

Avon

Post by Avon »

Because no one demanded it! :lol: A small update to my collection, a few new figures, a new scarf, a sudden interest in pop vinyls.., not much else, but I had my camera handy :lol:

First up.., the Doctors!

Very, very much like the last update I'm guessing except I've slightly rejigged a few postions, probably a few more customs in there, and I finally acquired a Face of Evil Leela and sunday best Brig who have become the default for display. Couple of new TARDII, too!

As it would've been his birthday (Mickey looks bored as hell here for some reason :lol: )

Monsters and aliens! This has changed more on a structural level more than anything, also present is my lack of willpower as no one has been buying the B&M sets in my area even on discount and well, it would be rude not to..

Excuse the terrible quality, but at last I got my bhaji Axon!! Love him

The odds and ends shelf, I really want to display these better but at the moment, its either here or storage, the lab has been slightly updated but I'm still waiting on some equipment from Taiwan (UNIT outsourcing) for a full update.

Now on the face of it, this is just a shameless photo of some of my new Star Wars figures as I know there's a few fans in the audience, but ahaaa!! A pertwee photobomb, behind Stewart Copeland so, it is Doctor Who related! :lol: Feeling the need for Leia and a Bobba Fett more now..

Some of my Who funkos, only going for my favorites at the moment, Rose is surprising my fav of these, and...,

Tom and Sarah, who are currently chilling with a custom Avon (of course), William Riker, and Dr Venkman.., I'd watch it :lol: You can also spot the top of my DWA Tennant poster, which much like the hatstand it's been present and outlived almost every version of my room since it came out

And my scarf, which I've practically lived in for two months so, if your ever in Birmingham and see someone slightly Paul Darrowy wearing it, do say hi :lol: I love it, I don't tend to spend a lot of clothes but it was just shy of £20, went for the subdued red as its more subtle, and I ware all black so it matches nicely. It's 11 and a half feet long though, so not full season 18 length, but long enough :lol: (tend to go for a season 15 look with it as stairs, escalators, revolving doors, automatic doors, trains, dogs and various other scarf prone hazards are abound working in a shopping centre :lol:)

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

Loving all of it.
That black series ROTJ Luke is so beautiful, I'll probably try and grab myself one in the new year.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

You've got a really impressive collection there, Avon.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

It is indeed a very impressive collection of just about everything! Is your room bigger on the inside, and is there anywhere not covered by something collectible? A good lesson for us all in maximising space that's for sure. :lol: :P

Avon

Post by Avon »

Thanks all for the kind words!!

Sparrow
He is..! I'd highly, highly recommend him, I held off on getting a few different Luke's as Jedi is my favorite look for him, but FP want £32 for him which is insane. Stumbled across him though at my local FPI for £20, I'm thinking it must've been a mistake but regardless I grabbed him pretty quickly! :lol: A few places online have him for around £22 which is still well worth it, the body is the original Jedi Luke's which is a tad dated now but the head, robe, blaster and superb job on the saber all make up for that, he's pretty perfect all round.

Thanks Debs!

Dan
It is!! :lol: Time lord science ;) and no, there is literally, no room, anywhere anymore, if it's flat, then it can house something :lol: It's funny as the rest of the house is very bland, but behind these dull brown double TARDISy doors is this assault of color and pop culture :lol: Shockingly there's a lot on the other side of the room too like my sonics and cyberman head (£2.50 from a charity shop last week! Fun taking that home on the bus :lol: ) and my Marvel Legends, I was very tempted to post a picture of my comic Avengers and X-Men as I'm very proud to almost have completed a classic lineup of both, as well as some of my Star Trek stuff as I think Debs may be a fan... So in other words, its not far off Doc Brown's house, garage, shed.. without the dog food and plutonium :lol:

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

A most impressive collection indeed, I really like how you've got diorama setups as well as just the figures on display, and of course I love to see the black series figures on display :D