Are the 3.75” Daleks canon?

Racks42

Re: Are the 3.75” Daleks canon?

Postby Racks42 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:39 am

Deborah J wrote:is that a new series dalek? because the rings and the little oval bit are more like a classic one, the new ones have that trapezium bit that comes up from the bottom. It looks like just a new series base at most.

See I would tend to agree with you, but knowing these are the 12” Sfx dalek (I’ve seen it suggested that may also be the 18” daleks) it must me either a NSD painted up in a classic livery or some kind of custom or bastardisation of the 12” NSD and the 12” Product Enterprise daleks, but as far as I’m aware they don’t play well so who knows.

It’s certainly one of the more interesting Deviant Art finds I’ve had
HUU Doctor Who Society President 4 years running, Avid cosplayer, All round Who boffin!
Co-Founder at https://vaultcosplays.wixsite.com/home

Galifreyan

Postby Galifreyan » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:50 pm

In my opinion, no.

Racks42

Postby Racks42 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:04 pm

Galifreyan wrote:In my opinion, no.

Fair play to you!

i would be inclined to agree!
HUU Doctor Who Society President 4 years running, Avid cosplayer, All round Who boffin!
Co-Founder at https://vaultcosplays.wixsite.com/home

tardis23

Postby tardis23 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:09 pm

Racks42 wrote:
Deborah J wrote:is that a new series dalek? because the rings and the little oval bit are more like a classic one, the new ones have that trapezium bit that comes up from the bottom. It looks like just a new series base at most.

See I would tend to agree with you, but knowing these are the 12” Sfx dalek (I’ve seen it suggested that may also be the 18” daleks) it must me either a NSD painted up in a classic livery or some kind of custom or bastardisation of the 12” NSD and the 12” Product Enterprise daleks, but as far as I’m aware they don’t play well so who knows.

It’s certainly one of the more interesting Deviant Art finds I’ve had

I guess cgi is another possible explanation for the kitbashing that would be required to physically create it, either that or just clever painting and camera use.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:28 pm

I still want an episeode where there are tiny daleks, 3/4 if the size of a nrmal daleks, please, I want this so much. then the tiny daleks would be canon. please?

Galifreyan

Postby Galifreyan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:54 pm

Deborah J wrote:I still want an episeode where there are tiny daleks, 3/4 if the size of a nrmal daleks, please, I want this so much. then the tiny daleks would be canon. please?

Reduction of the Daleks'?

Return to “Doctor Who Toys”