Doctor who Series 11/12 5.5” Figure wave

Spannerintheworks

Re: Doctor who Series 11/12 5.5” Figure wave

Post by Spannerintheworks »

TheSparrow wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:04 pm
Al said no Master until next year even if they did one, and no more teasers or photographs on GB or Twitter.
Al's great. Although "even if (they) did one"? That's a tad ominous, particularly on the Yaz & Ryan front.

Any other reveals for this year before he cut us off? I'm not on GB, and I'm pretty sure a chunk of this forum isn't either.
Last edited by Spannerintheworks on Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

TheSparrow wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:04 pm
Al said no Master until next year even if they did one, and no more teasers or photographs on GB or Twitter.
:(

Something always happens to spoil Al's good time.
None of Doctor Who is canon.

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

Al can't post any more teasers on GB.
Last edited by TheSparrow on Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I STILL DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE. I'VE GIVEN UP AT THIS POINT 👉😎👉

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

TheSparrow wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:35 pm
Image removed

Just so everyone knows.
I cropped a wee bit off the bottom because it wouldn't fit 100% but it wasn't anything to do with the thing.
:|
“Nicholas [Courtney] was always off his head on goodness-knows-what back then, of course.”
-Jon Pertwee, on the making of The Claws of Axos, speaking 1987.

“Yes, I would occasionally bring in the odd bag of something.”
-Nicholas Courtney, speaking 1994.

Spannerintheworks

TheSparrow wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:35 pm
Image removed

Just so everyone knows.
I cropped a wee bit off the bottom because it wouldn't fit 100% but it wasn't anything to do with the thing.
Thank you!!!! Much appreciated. And, everything we're getting this year (confirmed new series/B & M 2020) is more than good enough with or without teasers. Al's still cool in my book.

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

They’ll fall into the same trap, producing things far too late to be relevant and it’ll result in bad sales

TW.

Spannerintheworks

Whovastron wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:19 pm
They’ll fall into the same trap, producing things far too late to be relevant and it’ll result in bad sales

TW.
In fairness, from the sound of it the BBC are the ones dragging feet/not clearing more. I'm just hoping we see the series 12 stuff this month/February. Later than that, it really will kneecap sales it'd have had with a series on TV.

Character/Al turned retreads into gold/new sculpts with B&M, so I can't fault their plans. They're clearly doing something right.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Argh! Marketing control freaks on the BBC side!

As thought *not* having Al leak things to the toy-buying fanbase will somehow result in better sales and better "brand perception" -- or whatever marketing jargon they use.

They don't care if someone's doing good work, they just want everything under their control.
None of Doctor Who is canon.

Lurker at the Edge

Post by Lurker at the Edge »

Hi chaps ... Al here

Having already got myself into hot water on social media with the licensor I’m keen to avoid any more... so two things

First no action figure line or wave has EVER been linked to the Success or otherwise of the TV series and certainly not the ratings. CO has the license and as and when retailers ask for product or there is an opportunity to create more they will. It would be wrong to assume anything else. The product is created way ahead of transmission anyway so its a redundant theory. Its purely down to the market and demand.

The ratings comment was my ‘personal’ one that there had been a dip according to various sources and review sites and if true i hope it will reverse.

Second, in reference to the first line above can you please delete the images of my Gallifrey Base postings please ... its exactly this kind of posting on and reposting that has now made it impossible to pass you the collectors any fun tidbits or information ... By all means talk about it but posting images is an issue for me.

Thanks to you all in advance

Al

Spannerintheworks

:)

Best clarification(s) ever. Thank you!

And, um, hello!