Danoftardis's collection

Danoftardis

Re: Danoftardis's collection

Post by Danoftardis » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:28 am

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:22 am
I was actually going to guess Clyde, after your duo clue, but apparently I didn't actually post that.

Got some nice doctors there, though no 8 or war, that must be distressing.

My friend has a really gorgeous s12 tom costume, he had the jacket custom made, and knitted the scarf himself, he does like crazy accurate tom scarves, really good colour matching and accurate to specific stories, because it ws constantly subtly changing. I'm supposed to be getting a scarf in exchange for doing all his graphic design work, he sometimes sells them, they're definitely a lot better than the commercially available ones, so that'll be nice if I ever get it. I'm going off tooic now, sorry.
Alright, I'll give you another 5 points then. I was tempted to turn Bonnie into Peri, but I didn't think it would work as well so didn't bother.

I don't know if that's a mistype, or if the bus journey has ruined your vision, but McGann is most definitely there, but he's sad now because you didn't notice him. You right with War though, the other Doctor who is awol is Jodie. It is indeed distressing, I intend to get them both asap.

That's cool, sadly I possess no Who related clothing, the closest I could get is rockin a blue hoodie under a jacket ala Capaldi. And don't worry, this thread is a safe place for all to derail and go off topic, everything goes in Chez Dano.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:47 am

My bad, he's where's wallying in the middle of that crowd shot. I feel more bad about not noticing jodies absense, jodie is the queen of my heart, I blame lack of sleep, early start this morning, and I was very restless in the night, not enough Zs.

I only really have one particularly good who-themed outfit, but I can knock together a few passable representations from bits and pieces I have. Like I have ablue dress that can make a good waitress Clara if I wear a white blouse under and fold the white collar over the blue one and add an apron. But my frkend and his girlfriend do the whole cosplay game, thdyve done both sides of 3 to 4 regeneration, they've done 2 and jamie from mind robber (and had their picture tsken with the real colin recreating a shot from the two doctors) they did hartnell and jodie, it's very cool. And he has an amazing nardoke costume, the real screenworn coat from Worldenough and time, a waistcoat currently being made from the last roll made of the original fabric, a hat he knitted himself, he's very dedicated, it makes my in-the-cheap Claras seem kind of underwhelming by comparison

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:30 pm

Part two of the Doctors is here, so let's begin.

First we have Doctors 6 through 10:

Last of the classic era, thankfully Colin is fully clothed. See if you can spot the McGann.

And now we enter the RTD era. Fun fact: Suit only Tennant was my first ever Who figure, it came with an RC K9 and I got it for my birthday way back in 2006, feels like a different world now.

And the last of the Tennants, blue suit with coat minus glasses was from the Daleks In Manhattan set. For some reason the coat part of the figure has always fascinated me, something about the plastic. Odd I know :lol: .

And we end with Matt and Peter C, I only got clown feet Capaldi at the start of this year, I was originally holding out for a 12th set which we did get, but didn't arrive at my B&M so got the single release instead.

So that's my Doctors, I hope to get War and Jodie soon, doesn't feel right without them. Next up will probably be companions and other friendly peeps.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:06 pm

My first figure was brown suit with coat 10. Never got one of him in a normal suit without the coat. I can see your mcgann now, there he is, my boat trip cured my mcgann blindness.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:04 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:06 pm
My first figure was brown suit with coat 10. Never got one of him in a normal suit without the coat. I can see your mcgann now, there he is, my boat trip cured my mcgann blindness.
My McGann is very pleased to hear this. I've never understood why brown suit Tennant figures never have a brown suit, at least it's never looked brown to me.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:03 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:04 pm
Deborah J wrote:
My McGann is very pleased to hear this. I've never understood why brown suit Tennant figures never have a brown suit, at least it's never looked brown to me.
I remember people complaining about that years ago, someone did a sketch about that colour decision being made, where the colour chooser was depicted as very unflatteringly stupid. Thing is, though, I think it is brown, but the blue stripes are too thick, so it looks grey by illusion. Should have made it more brown to compensate maybe.

BilliePiperFan

Post by BilliePiperFan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:41 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:30 pm
Part two of the Doctors is here, so let's begin.

First we have Doctors 6 through 10:

Last of the classic era, thankfully Colin is fully clothed. See if you can spot the McGann.

And now we enter the RTD era. Fun fact: Suit only Tennant was my first ever Who figure, it came with an RC K9 and I got it for my birthday way back in 2006, feels like a different world now.

And the last of the Tennants, blue suit with coat minus glasses was from the Daleks In Manhattan set. For some reason the coat part of the figure has always fascinated me, something about the plastic. Odd I know :lol: .

And we end with Matt and Peter C, I only got clown feet Capaldi at the start of this year, I was originally holding out for a 12th set which we did get, but didn't arrive at my B&M so got the single release instead.

So that's my Doctors, I hope to get War and Jodie soon, doesn't feel right without them. Next up will probably be companions and other friendly peeps.
2006 sure feels like a world away now.
I don't have a signature. Sad reacts only.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:07 am

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:03 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Deborah J wrote:
I remember people complaining about that years ago, someone did a sketch about that colour decision being made, where the colour chooser was depicted as very unflatteringly stupid. Thing is, though, I think it is brown, but the blue stripes are too thick, so it looks grey by illusion. Should have made it more brown to compensate maybe.
You know that's a pretty good observation, I think you might be onto something here. All we need now is someone with super sciencey colour detection equipment to prove you're right.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:10 am

Danoftardis wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:07 am
Deborah J wrote:
Danoftardis wrote:

You know that's a pretty good observation, I think you might be onto something here. All we need now is someone with super sciencey colour detection equipment to prove you're right.
I have 100% colour vision, so I'm probably the highest quality human detection equipment.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:13 am

Deborah J wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:10 am
Danoftardis wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:07 am
Deborah J wrote:

I have 100% colour vision, so I'm probably the highest quality human detection equipment.
Are you patented? :lol:

Happy birthday btw, have a good one.