Re: Danoftardis's collection

Post by Deborah J » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:04 am

Danoftardis wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:13 am
Deborah J wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:10 am
Danoftardis wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:07 am

You know that's a pretty good observation, I think you might be onto something here. All we need now is someone with super sciencey colour detection equipment to prove you're right.
I have 100% colour vision, so I'm probably the highest quality human detection equipment.
Are you patented? :lol:

Happy birthday btw, have a good one.
Thank you very much x

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:03 pm

Up next we have companions and other friends.
Obligatory group shot:

Here's a closer look at the classic characters:
Leela is the signed limited edition version which came with the card insert signed by Louise Jameson which is nice. Mine is number 419, I got it from Ebay last year as my birthday splurge at a very reasonable price.
Fun fact alert: The Three Doctors set was my first Who figure purchase in four years. :o I stopped buying them after 2011 for various reasons but I came across this set on Ebay in 2015 and I'd always regretted missing it but couldn't make up my mind if I should spend money on 'toys' again. In the end I did, starting me collecting them again and here I am now. :lol:
Does anybody else remember watching Sophie Aldred on a show called Words and Pictures?

Next here's new series peeps:
The larger K9 is the RC one that came with suited 10. So there is one figure missing here, that's because I have managed to lose not just an accessory but a whole figure. :( I know what you're thinking how do you lose a figure? That figure was Series 2 Rose (sorry bpf). What follows is a tale of intrigue, sorrow and much stupidity.

So around 8 years ago I had a friend who was crazy into DW like me and we both collected the figures, he decided to sell off some of his collection to me Rose included. She was in the first transaction and she got safely into my home, however several days later I couldn't find her.
My friend look in his house, and she wasn't there either, the thing is I'm sure I had her somewhere, but the figure had just vanished, I couldn't find Rose anywhere. Many days later I gave up, Rose had obviously gone to that mystical place where all lost things go and to this day I have not located her. So there we are, I am the only person stupid enough to lose a whole figure.

That conclude today's post, I hope I haven't bored you all with my waffling :lol: the next post will begin a look at my new series 'baddies'.

Avon

Post by Avon » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:25 pm

Loving the new photos!! You've got a fantastic collection, especially love the companions, to think originally we weren't meant to get a single classic human companion when the classics started.., I know we could all name dozens who should've got a figure but to have gotten so many, awesome I feel to see.

Didn't even realize they did a signed Leela! Very cool. Funny enough, just like Deborah, my first Who figure was the trenchcoat brown suited 10, £6 from Woolworths in Paignton I think, somewhere down South anyway, my mates, well, ex mate's first was the K9/10 set too (10 was the first action figure I ever bought with my own money too, around June 06). More strange symmetry between us, I got back into collecting thanks to the Brig and Jo too! Though it was Axos and Time Monster versions, respectively.

Jodie's down to £8.99 on FP's site, £2 postage but well worth it in my opinion, if that helps.

So Rose is literally trapped in a parallel universe? :lol: I have to be honest I've suddenly realized in an effort to take a multi doctor photo that about 15 of mine are err, MIA :lol: probably Borusa and his time scoop and they're all lost in the time vortex, all this intrigue, sorrow, and stupidity sounds like something the 43 Doctors should investigate..

And, not to derail your thread Dan, happy birthday Deborah!

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:01 pm

Thats really weird that rose just disappeared like that. I once though I'd lost my glow in the dark Gelth zombie, but then i found her in my coat pocket. Have you tried looking in your coat pocket? Or in my coat pocket?

Thank you Avon! I feel we need to bring back the birthday thread, every thread is the Deborahs birthday thread today. Not that I'm complaining :P

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:59 pm

Avon wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:25 pm
Loving the new photos!! You've got a fantastic collection, especially love the companions, to think originally we weren't meant to get a single classic human companion when the classics started.., I know we could all name dozens who should've got a figure but to have gotten so many, awesome I feel to see.

Didn't even realize they did a signed Leela! Very cool. Funny enough, just like Deborah, my first Who figure was the trenchcoat brown suited 10, £6 from Woolworths in Paignton I think, somewhere down South anyway, my mates, well, ex mate's first was the K9/10 set too (10 was the first action figure I ever bought with my own money too, around June 06). More strange symmetry between us, I got back into collecting thanks to the Brig and Jo too! Though it was Axos and Time Monster versions, respectively.

Jodie's down to £8.99 on FP's site, £2 postage but well worth it in my opinion, if that helps.

So Rose is literally trapped in a parallel universe? :lol: I have to be honest I've suddenly realized in an effort to take a multi doctor photo that about 15 of mine are err, MIA :lol: probably Borusa and his time scoop and they're all lost in the time vortex, all this intrigue, sorrow, and stupidity sounds like something the 43 Doctors should investigate..

And, not to derail your thread Dan, happy birthday Deborah!
Thanks very much Avon! :D I agree the fact we got even a few classic companions is great, I'm lucky that some of them were my favourites as well.

That's good to know, if they still have it in stock come my birthday splurge in a couple of months I might pick her up.

'Doctor Who and the Forty Three Doctors', a 10 part adventure coming to a telebox near you in 2023. Intrigue, sorrow, and stupidity leads a frozen headed Borusa to steal 15 incarnations of the Doctor and 1 Rose and drop them in a parrallel universe to play The Counting Game of Rassilon. Will they get to the number 43 before Borusa resets them? Find out in the 60th anniversary special.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:05 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:01 pm
Thats really weird that rose just disappeared like that. I once though I'd lost my glow in the dark Gelth zombie, but then i found her in my coat pocket. Have you tried looking in your coat pocket? Or in my coat pocket?

Thank you Avon! I feel we need to bring back the birthday thread, every thread is the Deborahs birthday thread today. Not that I'm complaining :P
Tell me about it. :roll: If Rose is in my coat pocket after 8 years I shall buy you a small Caribbean island and a lifetime supply of a food of your choice. Can you check your coat pocket for me though, I feel catching a flight to Scotland and looking for myself is a bit stalkey. :lol:

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:50 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:05 pm
I feel catching a flight to Scotland and looking for myself is a bit stalkey. :lol:
Oooh, yeah, please don't do that.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:57 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:50 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
I feel catching a flight to Scotland and looking for myself is a bit stalkey. :lol:
Don't worry you're safe. By the way no Rose in coat pocket so I'm withdrawing my offer of an island, sorry.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:37 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:57 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:50 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Don't worry you're safe. By the way no Rose in coat pocket so I'm withdrawing my offer of an island, sorry.
Aww, I was looking forward to my island :cry:

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:35 am

I was inspired by The Avon to make some low effort, very low quality Sunday morning silliness.

So all the talk yesterday about my missing Rose brought up some bad memories for my 10, when I got up today I found him like this:
He's very emotional, he seems to think he can sense Rose on the other side of this wall. :? It took him a long time to get over the loss last time, at least two series of TV. I told him this is unhealthy you've got to move on but he just said "I don't want to go", so I left him to it. He's still there now poor thing. :(

(I sincerely apologise for the low quality of this, I blame my very tired sunday morning head)