Danoftardis's collection

User avatar
Deborah J
Posts: 1951
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:56 pm
Location: "I live in my house"

Re: Danoftardis's collection

Post by Deborah J » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:54 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:14 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:22 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:34 pm
I'd probably like the ones with Pertwee in, anything with Pertwee is good. :lol: And Bernard Cribbins, because who doesn't like him?

Slightly more on topic I'm going to post my extra stuff tomorrow, so mark the date in your diary for the most missable event of the year. You'll be sure to not want to tell your grand kids about it.
Cleo is the one I'd recommend the most, they got all the sets and costumes second hand from that richard burton cleopatra film so it looks ridiculously expensive compared to the rest, and pertwee is in that one. He never has big parts in any of them, but makes his presence felt.

I'm super excited to see your things and stuff, I'm going to set my alarm early in the morning, get myself all ready for them, bring in a sack of popcorn, going to go all out to look at those pictures. I'm going to name my eldest child "Danoftardis' mystery stuff" in memory of the event.
I'll check it out for sure, thanks for recommendation.

I don't know if I should admire that level of hypothetical dedication, or find it creepy.
You know, David Warner said the exact same thing to me once.
Image

User avatar
SJF
Posts: 602
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:16 pm

Re: Danoftardis's collection

Post by SJF » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:58 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:54 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:14 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:22 pm


Cleo is the one I'd recommend the most, they got all the sets and costumes second hand from that richard burton cleopatra film so it looks ridiculously expensive compared to the rest, and pertwee is in that one. He never has big parts in any of them, but makes his presence felt.

I'm super excited to see your things and stuff, I'm going to set my alarm early in the morning, get myself all ready for them, bring in a sack of popcorn, going to go all out to look at those pictures. I'm going to name my eldest child "Danoftardis' mystery stuff" in memory of the event.
I'll check it out for sure, thanks for recommendation.

I don't know if I should admire that level of hypothetical dedication, or find it creepy.
You know, David Warner said the exact same thing to me once.
Was that before or after he dragged you out of his bins?
Image

User avatar
BilliePiperFan
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:45 pm
Location: Wouldn't you like to know

Re: Danoftardis's collection

Post by BilliePiperFan » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:00 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:18 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:22 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:34 pm
I'd probably like the ones with Pertwee in, anything with Pertwee is good. :lol: And Bernard Cribbins, because who doesn't like him?

Slightly more on topic I'm going to post my extra stuff tomorrow, so mark the date in your diary for the most missable event of the year. You'll be sure to not want to tell your grand kids about it.
Cleo is the one I'd recommend the most, they got all the sets and costumes second hand from that richard burton cleopatra film so it looks ridiculously expensive compared to the rest, and pertwee is in that one. He never has big parts in any of them, but makes his presence felt.

I'm super excited to see your things and stuff, I'm going to set my alarm early in the morning, get myself all ready for them, bring in a sack of popcorn, going to go all out to look at those pictures. I'm going to name my eldest child "Danoftardis' mystery stuff" in memory of the event.
Cleo’s good. But I would argue for Khyber.
I think Carry on Abroad is my personal favourite but that's probably because it's the first one I ever saw.
I don't have a signature. Sad reacts only.

User avatar
Deborah J
Posts: 1951
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:56 pm
Location: "I live in my house"

Re: Danoftardis's collection

Post by Deborah J » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:13 pm

SJF wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:58 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:54 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:14 pm


I'll check it out for sure, thanks for recommendation.

I don't know if I should admire that level of hypothetical dedication, or find it creepy.
You know, David Warner said the exact same thing to me once.
Was that before or after he dragged you out of his bins?
;)
Image

User avatar
Danoftardis
Posts: 1946
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:21 am
Location: Telos

Re: Danoftardis's collection

Post by Danoftardis » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:16 am

I just got off the phone with David Warner (he's a close personal friend) and he said that waiting for you with popcorn, promises of naming children and hiding in bins are just the start. :shock: He wouldn't say what horrors come next though, he just muttered something about therapists bills and a non disclosure order...

Anyway part 1 of the extra stuff is here. This isn't as exciting as part 2, as I've already announced what's in this part. Super secret mysterious reveal comes later in the day (I'm building dramatic tension). Up first we have TARDIS and sonics.

Image
This TARDIS is the talking money bank TARDIS, the second release with 10 and Rose pictured inside. I like to think of it as a poor man's TARDIS as it's not in scale with the figures. As of yet I am unable to obtain a proper TARDIS, I am hoping that will change finally this year.

Not much to say about the sonics, the pyschic paper isn't actually psychic, you have to write on it with 'invisable ink'. I believe the yellower one is the original release and the grey washed one is the re-release which came with the psychic paper.

Here's what the money boox looks like inside:
Image

Up next is the Sontaran portaloo, an utterly pointless yet surprisingly nice object.
Image
I'm not sure what look they wanted with the mud sprays, looks a bit odd to me. :?

Here's inside the portaloo and a special bonus look at Linx without his helmet. He advised I not go near his portaloo for a couple of hours, apparently medieval food plays havoc with a Sontaran's digestive system.
Image

And there we are bonus post part 1 is finished. Mysterious Part 2 will follow this afternoon, so make sure you're out of the house walking the *insert pet here* when the time comes.
Last edited by Danoftardis on Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Deborah J
Posts: 1951
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:56 pm
Location: "I live in my house"

Re: Danoftardis's collection

Post by Deborah J » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:06 am

Danoftardis wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:16 am

Here's inside the portaloo and a special bonus look at Linux without his helmet. He advised I not go near his portaloo for a couple of hours, apparently medieval food plays havoc with a Sontaran's digestive system.
I was going to make that joke when I saw the picture, then realised you made it yourself. I could try and tie in the brown spatters on the side of the bakk, but you know what, I shouldn't have to work that hard, so I'm just going to make fun of you for calling Linx "Linux"
Image

User avatar
Danoftardis
Posts: 1946
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:21 am
Location: Telos

Re: Danoftardis's collection

Post by Danoftardis » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:23 am

Deborah J wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:06 am
Danoftardis wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:16 am

Here's inside the portaloo and a special bonus look at Linx without his helmet. He advised I not go near his portaloo for a couple of hours, apparently medieval food plays havoc with a Sontaran's digestive system.
I was going to make that joke when I saw the picture, then realised you made it yourself. I could try and tie in the brown spatters on the side of the bakk, but you know what, I shouldn't have to work that hard, so I'm just going to make fun of you for calling Linx "Linux"
:oops: Damn.

I don't know what you mean, look at my post it clearly says Linx, you're just trying to make me look bad. ;)
Image

User avatar
Deborah J
Posts: 1951
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:56 pm
Location: "I live in my house"

Re: Danoftardis's collection

Post by Deborah J » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:32 am

Danoftardis wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:23 am
Deborah J wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:06 am
Danoftardis wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:16 am

Here's inside the portaloo and a special bonus look at Linx without his helmet. He advised I not go near his portaloo for a couple of hours, apparently medieval food plays havoc with a Sontaran's digestive system.
I was going to make that joke when I saw the picture, then realised you made it yourself. I could try and tie in the brown spatters on the side of the bakk, but you know what, I shouldn't have to work that hard, so I'm just going to make fun of you for calling Linx "Linux"
:oops: Damn.

I don't know what you mean, look at my post it clearly says Linx, you're just trying to make me look bad. ;)
Ok, I see how it is, I'll just take my Jorse back out of here.
Image

User avatar
Danoftardis
Posts: 1946
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:21 am
Location: Telos

Re: Danoftardis's collection

Post by Danoftardis » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:28 pm

Ladies, gentlemen and other life forms, it is time for the most unanticipated event of the century, the big reveal of 'Danoftardis' mystery stuff'. Hopefully the following post will be amusing spelling error free. :lol:

The item I am about to reveal is something that I wanted for years, I first saw it when I was getting into Doctor Who around 2003/04 and never thought I'd own it. But in 2017, after a period of about seven months when I was in and out of hospital, I went to my local market for the first time in years and saw it in one person's little area. It was one of those moments when you just know you've got to buy something, it was actually a very good price which was great. I guess it special to me because of the time I got it, it was a nice joy after seven months of hell.
There's the boring backstory, so without further ado I reveal the item to be:


(Dramatic pause)



It is the Corgi Doctor Who 40th anniversary gift set!
Image
What!? I hear you cry, a tatty looking box? Yes friends it's a tatty looking box, but it's what's inside that is good.

Opening said box reveals what appears to be a film canister, unfortunately it does not contain all 10 parts of The Dalek's Master Plan.
Image

It in fact contains some small metal and plastic people, I think they're gorgeous.
Image

Here they are all together:
Image

And that folks brings to an end the journey through my humble collection. I hope you have all enjoyed having a look, it has been a pleasure to show it to you all.
Image

User avatar
Deborah J
Posts: 1951
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:56 pm
Location: "I live in my house"

Re: Danoftardis's collection

Post by Deborah J » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:38 pm

Aw wow, that's really neat, the corgi stuff is very fun, I love how all three toms are completely different sizes. My friend has the Bessie without tom, I think from the three doctors dvd limited edition, I had him drop it off a ledge in his garden so I could have some footage of bessie driving off a cliff for a film I was making, I'm the kindest friend.
Image

Post Reply