Big Chief Studios figures

Whovastron

Big Chief Studios figures

Post by Whovastron » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:30 am

I’ve never been a fan of these. I don’t think any of the face sculpts have been that good (except maybe Tom) and the clothes aren’t tailored amazingly.

But this: https://twitter.com/CollectBigChief/sta ... 00257?s=20

This is by far the best likeness they’ve done. It looks so, so good. Can not wait to buy this guy!

TW.

Deborah J

Re: Big Chief Studios figures

Post by Deborah J » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:26 am

Whovastron wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:30 am
I’ve never been a fan of these. I don’t think any of the face sculpts have been that good (except maybe Tom) and the clothes aren’t tailored amazingly.

But this: https://twitter.com/CollectBigChief/sta ... 00257?s=20

This is by far the best likeness they’ve done. It looks so, so good. Can not wait to buy this guy!

TW.
Tom was one that I thought had the worst face, personally, he looked really blokey, if that makes sense, like I don't know if it was the stubbley colour they put on his chin or if they made his jaw too square, but he looked like a cockney thug in a so-so tom baker cosplay.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:40 pm

I'm not a fan of these either, though not because of face sculpts or anything like that, which can look rather odd I agree. No the reason I've never been interested is simply because they're flippin expensive.

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:24 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:40 pm
I'm not a fan of these either, though not because of face sculpts or anything like that, which can look rather odd I agree. No the reason I've never been interested is simply because they're flippin expensive.
You should check out hot toys if you think these ones are expensive m8

TW.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:19 pm

They’ve got the shape of his face bang on, but he’s too wrinkled. I mean, I know he was old, but that’s like Tennant Muppet level of lines...
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:31 pm

Whovastron wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:24 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:40 pm
You should check out hot toys if you think these ones are expensive m8

TW.
Oh I know all about them, my money ran out of my wallet terrified by the prices.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:51 pm

I always thought the likenesses were quite good. I just never wanted to spend the money, and then have to explain to my friends why I have a giant Tom Baker on my shelf.
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:17 pm

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:51 pm
I always thought the likenesses were quite good. I just never wanted to spend the money, and then have to explain to my friends why I have a giant Tom Baker on my shelf.
You don’t have a giant Tom Baker on your shelf...?

Odd.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:35 pm

Only a little one.
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:37 pm

I have a full size one. He doesn’t need feeeding often...