Paint match for Character 5' bronze daleks

Hoverbout

Re: Paint match for Character 5' bronze daleks

Post by Hoverbout » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:18 pm

I found some half-beads that just happen to be exactly the right size. Short-sightedly I didn't A) buy loads or B) make a note of where I found them. I glued them to v thin plasticard and will cut them off leaving a narrow lip all round to simulate the oil seals you see on the props. I will take casts from the remianders.

I have some build pics on another popular forum regarding building Daleks - a couple of threads up from where you posted about a Cusick concept model-(assuming there is only one DalekCheese out there!)

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:19 pm

Hoverbout wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:18 pm
I found some half-beads that just happen to be exactly the right size. Short-sightedly I didn't A) buy loads or B) make a note of where I found them. I glued them to v thin plasticard and will cut them off leaving a narrow lip all round to simulate the oil seals you see on the props. I will take casts from the remianders.

I have some build pics on another popular forum regarding building Daleks - a couple of threads up from where you posted about a Cusick concept model-(assuming there is only one DalekCheese out there!)
Oh, you’re on PDF too! I still have the plans for that, but I haven’t scanned them yet... and yes, I’m either DalekCheese or Roytrommely261 on most of my internet accounts.
I am a:
⚪Man ⚪Woman 🔘Scat

Looking for:
⚪Sex ⚪Love 🔘Ba bop ba dop bop bop

Hoverbout

Post by Hoverbout » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:26 pm

It looks like a fun project!

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:43 pm

Actually, you could get Ford Aztec Bronze or similar and then paint all of them that colour...? Bit of a fag, but would definitely work...
I am a:
⚪Man ⚪Woman 🔘Scat

Looking for:

Hoverbout

Post by Hoverbout » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:10 am

Am beginning to think that. The amount of time faffing about looking for a close match vs masking off a few daleks and giving them all a coat of Aztec Bronze... I could also take the opportunity to paint the missing details - eg the 'oil seals' and the light cages etc.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:20 pm

Hoverbout wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:10 am
Am beginning to think that. The amount of time faffing about looking for a close match vs masking off a few daleks and giving them all a coat of Aztec Bronze... I could also take the opportunity to paint the missing details - eg the 'oil seals' and the light cages etc.
Yes, that would work. Plus, you could do the light cages in silver metallic sharpie (trust me, it works)...
I am a:
⚪Man ⚪Woman 🔘Scat

Looking for:

Hoverbout

Post by Hoverbout » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:08 pm

Sharpie are tried and tested in a pinch, aren't they. Apparently the beady black eyes on the Rancor monster were ball bearings inked with a black sharpie...

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:22 pm

Hoverbout wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:08 pm
Sharpie are tried and tested in a pinch, aren't they. Apparently the beady black eyes on the Rancor monster were ball bearings inked with a black sharpie...
Any reply from CO about the paint codes?
I am a:
⚪Man ⚪Woman 🔘Scat

Looking for:

Hoverbout

Post by Hoverbout » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:35 am

not yet...