The “Questions for The Lurker” thread

Dalekoddjob

Re: The “Questions for The Lurker” thread

Post by Dalekoddjob »

CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:06 pm
TOMFAN wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:07 pm
Are you only allowed to do Dalek paint schemes that appeared on tv? If not, I'd love some blue & silver versions, with their orange lights, from The Ultimate Adventure!

I wouldn't rule it out to be fair, we've had comic Daleks (8th Doctor and Dalek Alpha from the TRU set) and audio Daleks (the BF B&M sets) :)
I'd think it unlikely as they are very different to ordinary Daleks. Though I'd love to see one done properly.

Kaldor

Post by Kaldor »

Wholords2 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:48 am
What was the reasoning behind doing capaldi without the waistcoat and would you like to eventually do the waistcoat
Think I might be able to answer this one as it was answered way back when it was released...
I think it was for the potential variants (Time Heist, Robots of Sherwood and God Awful Episode In The Forest)

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Kaldor wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:58 am
Wholords2 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:48 am
What was the reasoning behind doing capaldi without the waistcoat and would you like to eventually do the waistcoat
Think I might be able to answer this one as it was answered way back when it was released...
I think it was for the potential variants (Time Heist, Robots of Sherwood and God Awful Episode In The Forest)
we didnt have an in the forest figure, that story he wore the jumper like in listen, the spotty shirt I took to be an interpretation of the spotty shirt from the start and end of kill the moon. We did get the jumper eventually, but paired with a hoodie like it was in later stories.

Kaldor

Post by Kaldor »

Ah that’s it! Kill The Moon. Yes. Not sure why I thought it was from Forest...
That means a rewatch is in order! (But not Forest. No. My series 8 is subject to deforestation I’m afraid).

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Kaldor wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:17 am
That means a rewatch is in order! (But not Forest. No. My series 8 is subject to deforestation I’m afraid).
I can't say I blame you, for me ITFOTN was easily the worst episode of the 2010s

Kaldor

Post by Kaldor »

Deborah J wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:12 am
Kaldor wrote:
I can't say I blame you, for me ITFOTN was easily the worst episode of the 2010s
Without a doubt. That, and Sleep No More. Totally unredeemable in my eyes. That said, I’d still rather watch Forest over Sleep.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Kaldor wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:38 am
Deborah J wrote:
Kaldor wrote:
Without a doubt. That, and Sleep No More. Totally unredeemable in my eyes. That said, I’d still rather watch Forest over Sleep.
Forest was awful. I'm told Sleep No More improves with repeat viewings. I don't know. I've yet to repeat it.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

skifflebits wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:51 pm
Kaldor wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:38 am
Deborah J wrote:

Forest was awful. I'm told Sleep No More improves with repeat viewings. I don't know. I've yet to repeat it.
I mean, don't we have a thread for this? :P

(Also, hard disagree. Those episodes at least try new things and accomplish consistent character work, which in a decade with Series 7b and Series 11, makes them far, far more rewatchable.

And "Forest" being awful? So, an easily solved runaround that saddles a likable Doctor with family and relationship drama? Huh. Now you guys know how I feel struggling through most of the Davies Era. :lol: )

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Point well taken.

BACK ON TOPIC, EVERYONE!!

TOMFAN

Post by TOMFAN »

Dalekoddjob wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:55 am
TOMFAN wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:07 pm
Are you only allowed to do Dalek paint schemes that appeared on tv? If not, I'd love some blue & silver versions, with their orange lights, from The Ultimate Adventure!

I'd think it unlikely as they are very different to ordinary Daleks. Though I'd love to see one done properly.
I did just mean the colour scheme, and not a whole new sculpt, although it would be nice!