B&M doctor who sets.

Doctor What

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Doctor What » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:55 am

CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:47 am
I feel like they might put in a Dark Eyes 8 anyway to be honest as it's a more significant variant.

For the War Doctor set I'm hoping for a SWD and for 7's set I'm hoping for the Renegade Supreme or whatever it was called or Emperor Davros.

Also are there going to be 4 triple packs or am I reading it wrong?
3x Three packs
3x Two packs
2x TARDIS Sets

+ 3 screwdrivers apparently, will definitely pick up the War Doctor one since I never got that.

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:57 am

CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:47 am
I feel like they might put in a Dark Eyes 8 anyway to be honest as it's a more significant variant.

For the War Doctor set I'm hoping for a SWD and for 7's set I'm hoping for the Renegade Supreme or whatever it was called or Emperor Davros.

Also are there going to be 4 triple packs or am I reading it wrong?
3 packs, featuring things from 4 doctors eras
People are really reading it wrong, that doesn’t necessarily mean there will be 4 doctors. There could be a tomb cyberman, mummy, earth shock cyberman and sil and it covers 4 Doctors.

TW.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:03 am

Been thinking about what they could package the Seventh and War Doctors with. Not sure if the Seventh Doctor has really had any variant Daleks but they could do a Season 26 one with the Planet Supreme for The Genocide Machine or maybe the Remembrance Supreme and a TV Movie repaint for Daleks Among Us.

The War Doctor could just come with a regular/weathered Time War Dalek, or maybe the Time Strategist could be approximated with a red supreme repaint. If they're doing repaints i'd like to see these ones, along with literally any others we haven't seen because I love these Daleks.

Galactic YoYo

Post by Galactic YoYo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:05 am

Could be for a two Doctors sets, which is possibly where the Sontaran going. Meaning it may come with Troughton and Colin, either a standard rerelease or hopefully a version from the second half of the story using pieces from other figures.
"It seems that I am some kind of a Galactic yoyo" Jon Pertwee- The Claws of Axos

EmeraldThorn

Post by EmeraldThorn » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:07 am

Quite a bit of info and good to see they're bringing Dalek two packs back.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:10 am

Galactic YoYo wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:05 am
Could be for a two Doctors sets, which is possibly where the Sontaran going. Meaning it may come with Troughton and Colin, either a standard rerelease or hopefully a version from the second half of the story using pieces from other figures.
Who mentioned Sontarans?

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:19 am

Doctor What wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:10 am
Galactic YoYo wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:05 am
Who mentioned Sontarans?
People keep saying on the Doctor Who site that there’s a Sontaran coming, but I haven’t seen a source anywhere...

TW.

Avon

Post by Avon » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:26 am

Fantastic news! I personally, have yet to get into Big Finish and I won't lie in saying that the Daleks are among my least favorite monsters - but! - I am over the moon for everyone who is a fan, and needs the War Doctor, as I surely know they're are hundreds of people doing cartwheels over this, awesome

That said - depending on how they look, I'll probably buy the Seventh and I might buy the 8th - I went to great pains to DIY a dark eyes 8 (betting they'll use the extra head that came with the War Doctor) so it'll depend on how different and how much of an improvement they are versus what I have.

This does mean I can buy both Tardis' though, and - like many - definitely placing my bets on a two doctors set as Al hinted at a multi doctor set. Perhaps they'll paint the Brigadier's hair grey and release him with Ace and 7 to make a Battlefield set? Fits the "another dimension" hint?

Curious about the 4th Doctor - I'd scream if it was Ainley, S18 Baker and, someone else..., not getting my hopes up though. What theoretically could they re-release? 4th variant, Cyberman, Timelord?

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:26 pm

An interesting teaser for us to speculate over. I'm not that interested in the Doctor/Dalek packs as I've not listened to many BF stories, nor have I got room for anymore Daleks. Hoping one of the TARDIS packs is the Peter Davison version, that would slightly make up for me missing out on the Jon Pertwee TARDIS set. As for the three packs I'll have to wait and see what they contain. Overall though sounds like a good range.

SJF

Post by SJF » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:29 pm

Well this is exciting. Seems odd that they didn’t go for the Dalek Overseer from Planet of the Ogrons, but I’m just glad that they’re doing BF figures.

Here’s my guesses:

Doctor and Dalek Sets

Linen suit Seventh Doctor and Davros (The Lights of Skaro)

Eighth Doctor and Dalek Interrogator Prime (confirmed)

War Doctor and Dalek Time Controller

Three Packs

Sixth Doctor, Second Doctor (either Androgum or 13 Doctors Set Rerelease) and Peri (Androzani Repaint)

Seventh Doctor (TV Movie), Ace (TGSITG) and Ainley Master

Fourth Doctor, Sarah Jane Smith and Sontaran

TARDIS sets

Fifth Doctor and TARDIS

Fourth Doctor and Season 17 TARDIS