Cosplays

Doctor909

Cosplays

Postby Doctor909 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:32 pm

I was looking through the forum today and realised that there was no section for cosplays! So here it is a thread for cosplaying! I've only really just jumped onto this (sometimes quite pricey :lol: ) bandwagon so don't have any fully complete yet.

That said I do have a few Series 10 12th Doctor items that I've picked up over the course of the show being filmed (I talk a little more about which items on my Twitter page) and I must say that they are great either worn all together to produce the final "Doctor" product, or just to wear individually.

The 12th doctor does have quite a nice wardrobe in my eye, even if it does look scruffy at times, some pieces are defiantly items I'd wear casually. One item I do particularly want to get is the Paul Smith holey jumper, which is quite rare and pricey but an iconic jumper for the 12th Doctor, does anyone have any good alternates?

So what cosplays do you have? Are there any you really want to complete? Do you have any items at all for cosplaying? Or are you just curious to have a look at what others have acquired?
Currently writing for "Project Whovian" and the all new unofficial SJA Spin-off "Subwave". If you're looking for a writer, please DM as I'm happy to help!

timethrow

Re: Cosplays

Postby timethrow » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:10 am

I have the S5 11th Doctor's Jacket with very close matching Boots and Trousers, but no Paul Smith shirt (so I just use a plain white one or a light blue one).

I would love to get the AbbyShot Captain Jack Coat.

I also have the 2 Lovarzi 4th Doctor Scarfs as well.

Only even done cosplay properly once and that was at MCM London in May, hoping to go again in October.
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/timethrow/

Latest Figures to Arrive:
Thirteen Doctor's Collectors Set, B&M 2016 Wave (all 3 Sets, and both Jo variants).

Most Wanted Figures:
Prototype Fifth Doctors TARDIS

Fourth Heir

Postby Fourth Heir » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:44 pm

I don't recall the previous version of this forum having such a thread either - presumably not many cosplayers frequent this particular site. :P

I have outfits for my own incarnation of the Doctor and his lovely companion, Emily (originally created for a contest with the simple brief, "The Doctor has regenerated and the new face is... you! Let's see you.") - I use him as my avatar on this and other DW sites. Also in the Whoniverse I regularly play Iris Wildthyme (one of about four people I've ever come across in the whole world who does - she's an uncommon choice, which is a pity 'cos she's a great fun character).

Other characters I've had opportunity to play for various events all come from other franchises, but you can enjoy pics of them all in this album. :)

thatgirl

Postby thatgirl » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:10 pm

Clara Cosplays
Nightmare in Silver (SA)
Name of The Doctor (SA ish)
Time of The Doctor (SA)
Into The Dalek (SA apart from shirt)
Time Heist (Not SA)
The Magicians Apprentice (SA)
Under The Lake (SA apart from jumper)
The Zygon Invasion (SA)
Face The Raven (SA)

Amy Pond
Victory Of The Daleks (some items SA)
A Town Called Mercy (SA)

Rose Tyler
Boomtown (Not SA)
The Idiots Lantern (Not SA)

Luckily my house has a spare room that is my cosplay room!
"You're so confident without being mean, what anti-depressants are you on?"

Chanel Oberlin, Scream Queens

Fourth Heir

Postby Fourth Heir » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:40 pm

"Look, Doctor, I found us an Easter egg... and it's just started to hatch!"

In celebration of the return of our hero this Easter weekend, the ???th Doctor and Emily exploring a curiously abandoned space station. Both characters played by my good self, as always. ;)

thatgirl

Postby thatgirl » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:07 pm

Fourth Heir wrote:Image

"Look, Doctor, I found us an Easter egg... and it's just started to hatch!"

In celebration of the return of our hero this Easter weekend, the ???th Doctor and Emily exploring a curiously abandoned space station. Both characters played by my good self, as always. ;)

Great Cosplays!
Also just wondering what Emily's lipstick shade is?
I love it! :D
"You're so confident without being mean, what anti-depressants are you on?"

Chanel Oberlin, Scream Queens

Fourth Heir

Postby Fourth Heir » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:58 am

Glad you approve :)

That lipstick is one of my faves - I wear it all the time. It comes from the No7 Moisture Drench series, but the particular shade ("Red Carpet") is no longer available, alas. I bought two of them back when they changed to the new range and they've nearly run out - I should really find out what the closest match is before I use it all. :P

Since I just acquired a groovy new ray gun for my favourite character to play...

Whereas the Doctor typically takes delight in his role as scientific advisor for UNIT, Iris' relationship with her analogous organisation, MIAOW (the Ministry of Incursions And Ontological Wonders), is more strained - they regard her as one of their operatives whilst she claims to be simply performing the occasional favour for them. :P

bluehinter

Postby bluehinter » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:28 am

Not sure if it counts as cosplay, but I've got an Auton, Ood, and 80's Cyberman under construction.

I'm building the Auton a new 3D-printed gun hand that springs open and allows the gun barrel to spring out. I've also bought a tiny ISD 1820 recording module that can play a short 10-second audio clip at the press of a button. I plan on incorporating it into the design of this hand or another stand-alone model that I'm making to play the "KWOOOOSH" sound effect when triggered.

The Ood is a pretty good carnival mask I bought off of eBay, paired with a cheap mannequin and the boiler suit that I was previously using for my Auton until I found a more authentic looking denim one. I'm in the process of building the translation sphere out of a pool float and/or a plastic Christmas tree ornament.

I don't have much to show for the Cyberman at the moment. I just got the chest unit the other day and the helmet should be here shortly. I found a set of 80's ski gloves that matches the Earthshock design pretty well, and the boots are just a pair of old wellies that look fine tucked up inside the legs of the suit. Unfortunately, proper RAF high altitude suits are pretty hard to come by, so I'm making due with yet another boiler suit that I'm spraying with silver fabric paint... 8 cans so far. It's looking better than it did when I first started it, but I'm still not too happy with it. Screen accurate Cyberman outfits are actually pretty form fitting, and this one is a bit baggy in all the wrong places. It also has some pockets that I can't get rid of (I've subsequently removed the ones off the chest and butt, and the collar which would be hidden under the helmet anyways). Still, this is a first effort that I can always improve on as I go.
Got a 3D printer? Print your own 5" scale Doctor Who figures today!

bluehinter

Postby bluehinter » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:51 pm

Here's the finished Ood and Auton.

I also adapted some remote control iZoom accent lights so that I can do this at the flick of a button:

I can even switch him into "House" mode:

Got a 3D printer? Print your own 5" scale Doctor Who figures today!

Return to “Collections & Fan Art”