B&M doctor who sets.

Whovastron

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Whovastron »

SJF wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:29 pm
Well this is exciting. Seems odd that they didn’t go for the Dalek Overseer from Planet of the Ogrons, but I’m just glad that they’re doing BF figures.

Here’s my guesses:

Doctor and Dalek Sets

Linen suit Seventh Doctor and Davros (The Lights of Skaro)

Eighth Doctor and Dalek Interrogator Prime (confirmed)

War Doctor and Dalek Time Controller

Three Packs

Sixth Doctor, Second Doctor (either Androgum or 13 Doctors Set Rerelease) and Peri (Androzani Repaint)

Seventh Doctor (TV Movie), Ace (TGSITG) and Ainley Master

Fourth Doctor, Sarah Jane Smith and Sontaran

TARDIS sets

Fifth Doctor and TARDIS

Fourth Doctor and Season 17 TARDIS
Sounds like good options. Not sure about the Sarah Jane though.

Al Dewar has said it’s all strictly repaints, and Big Finish may have some exclusive variants of the Dalek sets with small exclusive parts (my guess would be a Dark Eyes sonic) later down the line.
So a Sarah Jane repaint seems unlikely to me. I think my predictions for the packs are:
‘The Two Doctors’ set: The 6th Doctor (2008 version), the 2nd Doctor (13 Doctors set version) and Sontaran (repaint)
‘7th Doctor’ set: 7th Doctor (cream jacket), Ace (silver Nemesis), Cyberman (silver nemesis)
‘Villains’ set: Sontaran Styre, Revenge Cyberman, Ainley Master

4th Doctor TARDIS - The 4th Doctor (season 17) and TARDIS
5th Doctor TARDIS - The 5th Doctor (Androzani) and TARDIS

8th Doctor (Night of the Doctor clean version), Dalek prime interrogator
7th Doctor and..honestly no idea, Al has said it’s not the planet supreme so
War Doctor and Time strategist (purple and gold series 4 supreme)

TW.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

And of course this all came out the day that the forum was down. I think if there are 3 sets of 3, and they cover 2nd, 4th, 6th and 7th doctors, then chances seem good of one being a "the two doctors set". They have an old man pat figure, if they gave a TSE sontaran a darker face paint he'd be a decent pass for a 2doc sontaran, then either cheap out with that same colin we keep getting or try something clever to give us an approximation of his warm weather outfit.

I'm waiting for more info before I decide which of these I'm going to get, by the middle of july I'll have enough for all of them. The two tardises I think pretty much for certain I will get, something would have to be very bad for me to not want those. The dalek packs I'll get if the doctor is a variant I don't have. So brown jacket with hat, or a serious hat for mccoy, anything non-tv for mcgann, a significant variation of hurt then I'll go for it. Otherwise I'll pass. The sets of 3 also depend on content. If I'm right about the 2 doctor set I'll get it. If they swap out colin for a repainted peri I'd be game too. (I'm watching T2D at the moment and I never realised before, Peri's shorts are so high waisted you don't see her belly button, so painting the caves undershirt in a skin tone would just about do) Tom set I'd get if it had a tom I don't have, maybe a properly painted version of the s12 cape coat, they've released that wrong 3 times. Or if it had a revenge cyberman I'd get it, or a sontaran, or a green voc (sorry skiff) or the proper head sutekh, or really anything I don't have, cap and jumper brigadier and I'd be up for it. Needs at least one figure that justifies the set for me, like the amy in last year's 11th doctor set. 7th Doctor set I can't at all think what it would be. Silver Nemesis cybermen are the only non-dalek figures released for him. I don't have any, so I'd buy those. Ace, maybe, I have SN ace, though, but I guess I could have one be jacketless. And if either that or the dalek mccoy set were serious hat then I would buy definitely, no questions asked.

So those are my thoughts, we don't have enough to really form a strong opinion yet, but I will buy something between 2 of these sets and all of them, but very excited to see more info.

SJF

Post by SJF »

The Eighth Doctor Figure is most likely going to be his orange jumpsuit from the audio story the set is based on.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

SJF wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:17 pm
The Eighth Doctor Figure is most likely going to be his orange jumpsuit from the audio story the set is based on.
What body would they use for that? Captain jack? Lazlo? There's not a great selection of jumpsuit wearing figures.

SJF

Post by SJF »

Deborah J wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:25 pm
SJF wrote:
What body would they use for that? Captain jack? Lazlo? There's not a great selection of jumpsuit wearing figures.
Probably Laszlo. Honestly though, I’d rather a Rerelease of the Time War Figure than an orange jumpsuit.

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

SJF wrote:
Just repaints. It’s gonna be the night of the Doctor one for sure

TW.

SJF

Post by SJF »

Whovastron wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:38 pm
SJF wrote:

TW.
For action figure fans,Character Options presents a set of three unique Doctor & Dalek Twin Packs, inspired by the Doctor Who audio series from Big Finish. This includes a brand new take on the Eighth Doctor, plus the Dalek Interrogator Prime, as featured in Big Finish audio book story In the Garden of Death. The two additional Doctor and Daleks sets to be released from this range will feature the Seventh and War Doctors respectively.

CharlieTheWhovian
Location: I could tell you but then I'd probably have to kill you... ;)

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

SJF wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:40 pm
Whovastron wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:38 pm
SJF wrote:

TW.
For action figure fans,Character Options presents a set of three unique Doctor & Dalek Twin Packs, inspired by the Doctor Who audio series from Big Finish. This includes a brand new take on the Eighth Doctor, plus the Dalek Interrogator Prime, as featured in Big Finish audio book story In the Garden of Death. The two additional Doctor and Daleks sets to be released from this range will feature the Seventh and War Doctors respectively.
I still predict a Dark Eyes 8 as they could modify a Primeval figure if I'm not mistaken and it'd be more recognisable than his orange jumpsuit from a specific episode. But I suppose then again, any Big Finish fan would recognise either and these are targeted more towards them really.

SJF

Post by SJF »

The whole thing seems really weird because there isn’t even a picture of the Dalek Interrogator Prime, which is why some people suspect that they’ve made a mistake and it’s actually the Dalek Overseer (Who looks like Dalek Sec but with various arm attachments and a red eye).

But if you were going for a Big Finish Dalek AND a new take on the Eighth Doctor, wouldn’t a Dark Eyes Eight and the Dalek Time Controller make more sense?

I’m kind of expecting for the press release to be talking rubbish, and it’ll just be the Time War McGann with a Dalek Sec with a red eye and maybe some newly sculpted attachments.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

So Big finish will be getting some limited slight variants on the sets (how many of the sets is unclear) and apparently they are due to make a news release about this at some stage.

I think we will get some kind of "made up" imagining of the Dalek Interrogator Prime, as far as I can tell there has been communication between CO and Big Finish.

New moulds are off the table as always, the most I think we'll see is tweaked sculpts similar to last year (the odd new shirt piece, heads on different bodies etc).