Question about Castrovalva

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
skifflebits

Question about Castrovalva

Post by skifflebits » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:22 pm

So I was watching Castrovalva recently.

After all the trouble and brouhaha of creating a mathematically-generated artificial town it turns out all the Master really wants in Castrovalva is to kill the Doctor, right?

At one point he had a mathematically-generated artificial Adric walking around with the Doctor in his TARDIS. Couldn't he have just, I dunno, mathematically rigged him to explode or something?
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

DalekCheese

Re: Question about Castrovalva

Post by DalekCheese » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:25 pm

skifflebits wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:22 pm
So I was watching Castrovalva recently.

After all the trouble and brouhaha of creating a mathematically-generated artificial town it turns out all the Master really wants in Castrovalva is to kill the Doctor, right?

At one point he had a mathematically-generated artificial Adric walking around with the Doctor in his TARDIS. Couldn't he have just, I dunno, mathematically rigged him to explode or something?
No fun though, is it? Just BOOM and then done. No art, no poetry, my boy.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Neon Wolf

Post by Neon Wolf » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:50 pm

You're underestimating the showmanship of a man who swans around and calls himself 'The Master'.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:54 pm

I love castrovalva. First classic series story I ever saw, iot makes me feel so at peace with the world, that wander through the forrest in part two, with that music, I wish that could be life mood.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:55 pm

It is, as /who/general would say, comfy.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:20 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:54 pm
I love castrovalva. First classic series story I ever saw, iot makes me feel so at peace with the world, that wander through the forrest in part two, with that music, I wish that could be life mood.
Oh I love that music, thank you for reminding me of it. I really need to stick castrovalva on the telebox again soon, it's been a few months since I last watched it.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:24 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:20 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Oh I love that music, thank you for reminding me of it. I really need to stick castrovalva on the telebox again soon, it's been a few months since I last watched it.
I can’t watch any classic Who with my family cos they all get annoyed and go away. Lucky you, getting to watch Castrovolva whenever.... *jealousy*

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:28 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:24 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Deborah J wrote:
I can’t watch any classic Who with my family cos they all get annoyed and go away. Lucky you, getting to watch Castrovolva whenever.... *jealousy*
I make my dad watch logopolis with me all the time, he really dislikes that one, it's become a running joke between us now. We watch a lot of who together, he tolerates classic who, but enjoys new who.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:29 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:28 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Danoftardis wrote:

I make my dad watch logopolis with me all the time, he really dislikes that one, it's become a running joke between us now. We watch a lot of who together, he tolerates classic who, but enjoys new who.

Ok now that's too far a crossover; not just between threads, but even whole sections?

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:30 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:28 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Danoftardis wrote:

:lol: whenever I decide to watch something my family don’t want want to, I’m just like “ok, don’t watch it. I’ll just go and get Remembrance of the Daleks...”

Works every time.

And no, no such thing as too severe a crossover.