Reuse of props/costumes.

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
DalekCheese

Re: Reuse of props/costumes.

Post by DalekCheese » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:36 pm

I like this thread. Lots of stuff I hadn’t spotted. Nice.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

idontremembermylogin

Post by idontremembermylogin » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:11 pm

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:18 pm
Off the top of my head: The Silurian hall in "The Hungry Earth/Cold Blood" is the observation decks from "The End of the World".

And the Silurian consoles and examination plinths are reused as the Shansheeth devices in the SJA's "The Death of the Doctor"

Axons sprayed green = Krynoids, obviously.

I've learned the Special Weapons Dalek prop ("Remembrance") is reused in "Asylum of the Daleks". (But not "Magician's/Witch's"; that was a newly built prop.) If I recall correctly, that is the only new series reuse of a classic Dalek prop.

The Dalek hall in "Magician's/Witch's" is also the base in "Under the Lake/Before the Flood".

The "Dalek Battle Computer" in "Destiny of the Daleks" is also part of the Source Manipulator in "The Keeper of Traken". Relevant to this forum, the toys of both replicate this reuse, and the Source Manipulator seems to reuse the EMP device from the Series 2 Cyberleader, too!

And, if I recall correctly, the initial Matt Smith TARDIS set is a redress/rebuild of the Torchwood hub. One of Jack's desk knick-knacks is definitely reused on the console.
Another set-resuse:
The room in Vincent and the Doctor where the creature is killed is the same room where the Starship UK tortures the Star Whale.
i'm boring now

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:17 pm

Not a reuse of a Doctor Who prop, but Solomon’s robots from Dinosaurs on a Spaceship were reused from the CBBC show “Mission 2110”

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:22 pm

Doctor Gamer wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:17 pm
Not a reuse of a Doctor Who prop, but Solomon’s robots from Dinosaurs on a Spaceship were reused from the CBBC show “Mission 2110”
They did look like something from a cbbc show

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:24 pm

Mr Grayle’s house from Angels take Manhattan is the as Pete’s house in Rise of the Cybermen

Torchwood house from Tooth and Claw is the same house from The Unicorn and the Wasp

The resort area from The Girl Who Waited is reused as Missy’s garden area in series 8, the outside garden in SJA’s The Eternity Trap and Gwen’s wedding area in Torchwood’s Something Borrowed

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:41 pm

A Chancellery Guard from Ark of Infinity was redressed (poorly) and used throughout series 21 and 22.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:43 pm

There's also the infamous space suits from "The Tenth Planet" - They become Zoe & Jamie's in "The Wheel in Space" & then ends up as bounty hunter wardrobe in "The Empire Strikes Back".

And then, there's the orange new series space suits - Capaldi confirmed he's still wearing Tennant's in "Kill the Moon", which is reuse or continuity depending on your point of view.

But in the case of "Listen"/Orson Pink, it's definitely recycling: His says Sanctuary Base! ("The Impossible Planet")

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:44 am

The exterior house in knock knock is the same building used for the spooky house in blink.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:13 am

Doctor Gamer wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:24 pm
Mr Grayle’s house from Angels take Manhattan is the as Pete’s house in Rise of the Cybermen
I believe it is the same building from the Lazarus experiment... I should know, I've been there.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:28 pm

Not reuse, but Kerblam man seems to have been inspired by the Jonnycab from total recall.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.