Avon's customs

Deborah J

Re: Avon's customs

Post by Deborah J »

I wouldn't have wanted an action figure of James Dreyfus, he's really not a very nice person.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:32 pm
I wouldn't have wanted an action figure of James Dreyfus, he's really not a very nice person.
Is he? IOOTL.
AI is here!!

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

That's a neat looking Master. Did you use the Simm head as well as the body? The beard work looks really good.

SJF

Post by SJF »

I’m just confused as to how you’re confused as to how he’s the first Master.

Avon

Post by Avon »

I don't recall the details but I do remember him being in the news over something.., ages back. Seemed an odd choice, to be honest for the Master, its an odd one but I wanted to make a figure of him, regardless of the actor as I intend to make all the Masters, comic, audio, and TV together, got a recipe for Tipple, though I might be a little more creative.., I don't know yet, which leaves kid Master, Bruce, morphant death worm thing, a redux of Ainley till B&M supply the goods, the Glorious Dead comic one.., think that's them all, except curse of fatal death and shalka?

Thanks Dan! It's, I'm afraid I don't know his name, the dude everyone uses for UNIT troopers from primeval :lol: He'd got the thickest squarest head and the hair was about right, swapped the hands too as they looked Mastery. And that beard was a pain! But I'm getting better at them I think

SJF - I'm kind of, out of the loop on BF as I've only just started, but essentially, you have him, then Delgado, and while it has been a few years since Terror of the Autons I got the impression it wasn't a long period of time since they last saw each other, and then the last BBQed incarnation in Deadly Assassin, which is a big gap if we assume Delgado is his second or even third incarnation. Talking it through, I see how it kind of works but with the Master, I kind of preferred to leave them ambiguous with the numbering.., bit more mystery if that makes sense

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

Avon wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:37 pm
I don't recall the details but I do remember him being in the news over something.., ages back. Seemed an odd choice, to be honest for the Master, its an odd one but I wanted to make a figure of him, regardless of the actor as I intend to make all the Masters, comic, audio, and TV together, got a recipe for Tipple, though I might be a little more creative.., I don't know yet, which leaves kid Master, Bruce, morphant death worm thing, a redux of Ainley till B&M supply the goods, the Glorious Dead comic one.., think that's them all, except curse of fatal death and shalka?

Thanks Dan! It's, I'm afraid I don't know his name, the dude everyone uses for UNIT troopers from primeval :lol: He'd got the thickest squarest head and the hair was about right, swapped the hands too as they looked Mastery. And that beard was a pain! But I'm getting better at them I think

SJF - I'm kind of, out of the loop on BF as I've only just started, but essentially, you have him, then Delgado, and while it has been a few years since Terror of the Autons I got the impression it wasn't a long period of time since they last saw each other, and then the last BBQed incarnation in Deadly Assassin, which is a big gap if we assume Delgado is his second or even third incarnation. Talking it through, I see how it kind of works but with the Master, I kind of preferred to leave them ambiguous with the numbering.., bit more mystery if that makes sense
I think Delgado is supposed to be his last, before new his new cycle. Hence crispy.

SJF

Post by SJF »

We don’t know for sure which incarnation Delgado is supposed to be.

Beevers is Thirteen. We know this as his crispyfying occurs in the audio The Two Masters. (The Macqueen Master basically torched him)

Delgado regenerates in a Doctor Who Magazine Comic, but we don’t see the outcome of the regeneration.

Dreyfus is said to be the first Master in publicity but it’s never been mentioned in a story, and the Doctor and Susan already know him as the Master and for being a bad guy in The Destination Wars.

People at Big Finish have said that he’s not necessarily the First Master though, so maybe they’re gonna reveal that he’s a later incarnation in one of the upcoming releases.

I think the indication is that the Master burned through his first regeneration cycle really really quickly by being reckless and forcing regeneration for disguises so that’s why a short time has passed for Delgado.

Avon

Post by Avon »

Ahh, well, thanks both for the clarification!

I knew about the comic, and the audio crispyfying, I do remember an alternate explanation in the books for Delgado's regeneration/the crispy master that I really quite liked (memories hazy, but Susan shoots him with his TCE and throws him out of his own TARDIS as it dematerializes, leaving it ambiguous -I think- but I always took the notion it was sort of a half way regen, Delgado was very near death, proper, final death, attempted to regenerate through pure force of will and ends up looking like Mr BBQ meat feast, and then Goth finds him. I suppose.., you could reconcile this with the audio saying that's his first crispy version from Deadly Assassin, he finds another method of rejuvenation between stories leading to the unemaciated Beevers hence the different looks then his future self comes back and torches him (I've yet to hear the story but it sounds fantastic).

Thinking about it more, I can see how story wise you'd want Susan to recognize him and the only way proper is to have him be the first, he also looks alot like the kid from the sound of drums. And I can definitely see him burning through his regen's like that. It's interesting they seem to have figured out a way for Bruce to survive now, too.

For Gordon Tipple, I know he had that really snazzy Nehru suit with the red piping but to do that justice, I need a Delgado and I can't justify £15 on him with all due respect to the chap, I was half tempted to use the James Lester body I have, paint the shirt red and the tie black, with red piping on the suit, and use the Editor's head with the beard painted black...

SJF

Post by SJF »

Avon wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:55 am
Ahh, well, thanks both for the clarification!

I knew about the comic, and the audio crispyfying, I do remember an alternate explanation in the books for Delgado's regeneration/the crispy master that I really quite liked (memories hazy, but Susan shoots him with his TCE and throws him out of his own TARDIS as it dematerializes, leaving it ambiguous -I think- but I always took the notion it was sort of a half way regen, Delgado was very near death, proper, final death, attempted to regenerate through pure force of will and ends up looking like Mr BBQ meat feast, and then Goth finds him. I suppose.., you could reconcile this with the audio saying that's his first crispy version from Deadly Assassin, he finds another method of rejuvenation between stories leading to the unemaciated Beevers hence the different looks then his future self comes back and torches him (I've yet to hear the story but it sounds fantastic).

Thinking about it more, I can see how story wise you'd want Susan to recognize him and the only way proper is to have him be the first, he also looks alot like the kid from the sound of drums. And I can definitely see him burning through his regen's like that. It's interesting they seem to have figured out a way for Bruce to survive now, too.

For Gordon Tipple, I know he had that really snazzy Nehru suit with the red piping but to do that justice, I need a Delgado and I can't justify £15 on him with all due respect to the chap, I was half tempted to use the James Lester body I have, paint the shirt red and the tie black, with red piping on the suit, and use the Editor's head with the beard painted black...

His crispyfying in The Two Masters actually leads straight into The Deadly Assassin, and in another audio it’s explained that energy from the eye of harmony healed him partially so he ended up less crispy.

Avon

Post by Avon »

Ahh, well thank you for that! That's pretty cool actually, I need to buy it now haha!