Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

DalekCheese

Re: CULT OF SKARO

Post by DalekCheese » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:11 pm

TheSparrow wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:09 pm
Those look bloody amazing.
Although I'm actually quite scared. I seriously have that guitar strap on the picture, have you been stalking me?😂
Yes...
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:21 pm

TheSparrow wrote:
Although I'm actually quite scared. I seriously have that guitar strap on the picture, have you been stalking me?😂
You've caught me, I've stalked you for the last 2 months. I'm everywhere, I know all your secrets and what you wash your hair with.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:54 pm

TheSparrow wrote:
I guess that's the colour I've been making your guitar strap in all the pictures I've done, that's just become the official colour for that.

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:10 pm

DC: ok
Dan: Well, it's no secret that I use that citrus head and shoulders for my gorgeous long locks. Let's be honest.
Deborah: And what a wonderful job you've done to mimic it all this time without seeing it. I know you've seen that picture of me from that gig a year ago, but I can't remember if my guitar strap is even in that picture 🤔
I STILL DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE. I'VE GIVEN UP AT THIS POINT 👉😎👉

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:16 pm

TheSparrow wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:10 pm
Dan: Well, it's no secret that I use that citrus head and shoulders for my gorgeous long locks. Let's be honest.
Deborah: And what a wonderful job you've done to mimic it all this time without seeing it. I know you've seen that picture of me from that gig a year ago, but I can't remember if my guitar strap is even in that picture 🤔
It looks to mostly be kind of a pale red, so that's what I went with. I mean farther up there looks like there's maybe a light blue pattern happening, but I think probably I was too lazy to try and replicate that in the scale I was drawing in.

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:26 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:16 pm
TheSparrow wrote:
It looks to mostly be kind of a pale red, so that's what I went with. I mean farther up there looks like there's maybe a light blue pattern happening, but I think probably I was too lazy to try and replicate that in the scale I was drawing in.
I think the guitar strap that I used was my Iron Maiden one?
Which begs the question, why would any sane person have a metal band guitar strap, but use a bright orange Les Paul.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:34 pm

TheSparrow wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:26 pm
Deborah J wrote:
TheSparrow wrote:
Which begs the question, why would any sane person have a metal band guitar strap, but use a bright orange Les Paul.
Are those things that do not go together? I don't know much about instrument/accessory coordination. I can do colour coordinating on alothes, but the etiquet of intruments is not in my wheel house.

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:39 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:34 pm
TheSparrow wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:26 pm
Deborah J wrote:

Are those things that do not go together? I don't know much about instrument/accessory coordination. I can do colour coordinating on alothes, but the etiquet of intruments is not in my wheel house.
It's hard to explain, it just kind of doesn't make sense aesthetically to have a guitar that looks kind of indie or a bit 80s, and then throw a strap on which says 'oh, yeah. I listen to heavy metal concept albums where each song is 8 minutes long'.

It's actually why I bought an SG, it better fits that kind of look - and because they're bloody gorgeous.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:45 am

So if Sparrow's strap is based on his real one, how did I end up with a teal one? Not that I'm complaining, I actually really like it.

And DC if you're a dalek why is your location mondas? 🤔

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:07 am

Danoftardis wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:45 am
So if Sparrow's strap is based on his real one, how did I end up with a teal one? Not that I'm complaining, I actually really like it.

And DC if you're a dalek why is your location mondas? 🤔
I think in that first picture, since we were all wearing the same colour I wsnted a good range of colours on the instruments. And although your bass changed for subsequent pictures to the yellow one, the teal strap stayed.